The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 12:53 AM   #126
DrDoom
Dictator

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Someone is wrong on the internet!
OR, Someone showed an example of an opposite opinion!

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 01-31-2014, 01:04 AM   #127
Soulinertia
thermodynamic miracle

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

So, looks like the other TMNT thread got deleted? C&D from the studio?

I have more goodies on Zazzle.com as well http://www.zazzle.com/soulinertia*
Old 01-31-2014, 01:06 AM   #128
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinertia View Post
So, looks like the other TMNT thread got deleted? C&D from the studio?
What the ****.
And yet,they'll probably not release anything official anytime soon.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:06 AM   #129
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I saw these two images posted on twitter, which some artist did of Michelangelo and Raphael based on the new movie designs. I think these look cool.

I think he over exaggerated Raphael a little bit. Good work though

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-31-2014, 01:17 AM   #130
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

I know it's probably not completely accurate,but that art makes me appreciate Raph's design alot more than I was.
Still not really feeling the conan like armor on his legs but we'll see how it turns out.

Last edited by Astro13Zombie; 01-31-2014 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:29 AM   #131
P Supreme
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Seeing these maquettes and designs really make me happy that they chose to evolve these characters in their designs. Were the changes necessary? No, but I am very glad they were made.
agreed! when I initially saw them I was on the fence but as I thought about it I actually glad they went this route for some reason I love Ralph
being the "beastmode" of the group

Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #132
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Supreme View Post
agreed! when I initially saw them I was on the fence but as I thought about it I actually glad they went this route for some reason I love Ralph
being the "beastmode" of the group
He looks really intimidating in this. The design team for this deserve an applause

Old 01-31-2014, 09:39 AM   #133
Nathan

I like Raph the least. I have nothing against making him a bit more brutish, Out of the Shadows designed him perfectly, but this is just over the top.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:57 AM   #134
Marvin
Side-Kick

The exaggerated shape is nothing new.

Diversity in the characters is for some people. I think what's off putting is the personality in the head/face and the greco style attire. I think it goes with the weapons actually.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #135
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

People are going to complain even if we got a page for page adaption of the source material exactly in live action.

"Why couldn't they be more original? "

It's a lose lose situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-31-2014, 10:26 AM   #136
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

I like the idea of them having different physiques, but there's way too much of it going on here. Raph's deltoids look bigger than his head, for Pete's sake. I definitely don't want the turtles to ever go back to being identical with different skin shades and mask colors, but Raph needs to take a break from punching mountains in half for a few weeks.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:29 AM   #137
Nathan

I enjoy various different interpretations, designs, concepts, but I just don't like the majority of decisions made in this Movie. On the top of that list being Hulk Raph, and the personification of everything wrong with the xtreme 90's Shredder.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #138
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I enjoy various different interpretations, designs, concepts, but I just don't like the majority of decisions made in this Movie. On the top of that list being Hulk Raph, and the personification of everything wrong with the xtreme 90's Shredder.
I honestly think if this movie's Shredder design were for Super Shredder it would actually be really badass. I would really like to see a live action Shredder that is actually a little less spikey than the one in the first film. Something a little more focused on the samurai look than on the blades.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #139
P Supreme
Side-Kick

Shredder it's a little much IMO I think they over compensating for the changes they made to his origin ofcourse that is IMO cause I haven't read the leaked script

I hope that he comes off good in the movie it is so essential for the success of the movie a forgettable villian will ruin any movie

Old 01-31-2014, 11:10 AM   #140
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaron View Post
I like the idea of them having different physiques, but there's way too much of it going on here. Raph's deltoids look bigger than his head, for Pete's sake. I definitely don't want the turtles to ever go back to being identical with different skin shades and mask colors, but Raph needs to take a break from punching mountains in half for a few weeks.
maquette or the poster? the poster is bad photoshop IMO.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:15 AM   #141
dark_b
Side-Kick

it will be fantastic to see Ralphael's design in the city with the bright sun.

Last edited by dark_b; 01-31-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:20 AM   #142
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
maquette or the poster? the poster is bad photoshop IMO.
Both. He does look slightly smaller as a maquette but it's still too much for me.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #143
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
The photos of him in the trench coat really make me annoyed with their size. I mean, they're supposed to be part turtle, part human, right? So where does the massive size come in? They started out being smaller than a typical human being in the comics, and in most other versions they've been somewhere between their short original size and the size of a typical human being. It makes sense because the mutation means parts of their body are heavily taken from their turtle side, parts are very human, and some parts are somewhere in between. But I don't get how a human being part turtle would make them actually grow taller.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:39 AM   #144
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Man Raph is huge. I love it.
All I can think of when I see that picture is the Thing from the Fantastic Four.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 01-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #145
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaron View Post
The photos of him in the trench coat really make me annoyed with their size. I mean, they're supposed to be part turtle, part human, right? So where does the massive size come in? They started out being smaller than a typical human being in the comics, and in most other versions they've been somewhere between their short original size and the size of a typical human being. It makes sense because the mutation means parts of their body are heavily taken from their turtle side, parts are very human, and some parts are somewhere in between. But I don't get how a human being part turtle would make them actually grow taller.
They're not part human, just human like turtles. And they're just taller than typically depicted, not even above human height.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #146
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
They're not part human, just human like turtles. And they're just taller than typically depicted, not even above human height.
So you're telling me that it would be incorrect to describe the Hamato Yoshi version of Splinter as part rat? The mutation combines aspects of the existing organism with that of another. And Raph is gigantic. You could argue that there are humans as tall as him, but overall he's way, way larger than a typical human being, or even a typical bodybuilder.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:06 PM   #147
P Supreme
Side-Kick

totally forgot about those set photos he will tower over April I don't see how that can be a cover for them since they are massive well Ralph is

Old 01-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #148
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

They're super heroes stuff like the mass and build doesn't bother me. Even if it is a departure from cartoons/comics.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #149
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Supreme View Post
totally forgot about those set photos he will tower over April I don't see how that can be a cover for them since they are massive well Ralph is
if you would see him outside on the street. would you think its a mutated turtle or a guy in a suit being crazy and on some drugs?

come on.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #150
Nathan

Since it's New York, they probably don't need any sort of cover in the first place. All 4 brothers could probably walk down the street together, and people would just assume there must be another comic convention in town.

Closed Thread