The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 AM   #51
kasjan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Lol wut?
I was the same, after she said something in FC movie.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 AM   #52
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Anyone else play this game? Funny how Bobby could do the ice slides but can't do them in the films.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-31-2014, 09:25 AM   #53
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

Even Wolverine is the centre of attention in a f*****g game.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:27 AM   #54
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I enjoyed First Class just as much as X2. I think they were equal to each other.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:31 AM   #55
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

wolverine had the main character role in the X3 Game also if i remember right

Old 01-31-2014, 10:28 AM   #56
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Even Wolverine is the centre of attention in a f*****g game.
Wasn't this game called ,,X2: Wolverine's Revenge"?

Old 01-31-2014, 10:36 AM   #57
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Random info dump. Carry on.

Speaking to Empire last year, Singer said, "The future's about 25, 30 percent of the movie. The past is most of it."

This is the cast billing from the first trailer:

The most important characters/actors they made use of are Wolverine (Jackman in the past and future), Charles (McAvoy and Stewart in the past and future), Erik (Fassbender and McKellan in the past and future) and Raven (Lawrence in the past).

In the marketing deal with Empire, 11 covers are from the past (46%). 13 covers are from the future (54%).
Sentinels received 2 covers (past and future)
Wolverine received 2 covers (past and future)
Charles received 2 covers (past and future)
Erik received 2 covers (past and future)
Blink received 1.5 covers (technically 2 covers, in the future)
Warpath received 1.5 covers (technically 2 covers, in the future)

In December 2013, Singer announced that he cut Rogue from the movie. "[I cut] the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it." Speaking to Empire in early 2014, Singer said, "It does not mean that we won’t see her in the film."

Singer says in Empire that the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse movie is "more of a First Class sequel. It'll take place some time after this movie."

Old 01-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #58
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

So... how 'bout that final battle with those "spaceships" exploding?

Old 01-31-2014, 11:20 AM   #59
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I'm wondering who is even going to be left for a final battle in the future. I'm going in expecting that the X-team heavy hitters will probably be taken out early on for dramatic effect (Storm, Colossus, Iceman) and that the other new mutants bite the dust pretty early as well.

So that leaves Kitty, Magneto, Xavier and a comatose Wolverine. Not looking good. lol

Also looking forward to the final battle with the Sentinels in the 70's as well. I can't believe that Xavier, Magneto, Beast and Mystique will take them all on by themselves.

ETA: Completely forgot about Wolvie in the 70's.

Last edited by SuperT; 01-31-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #60
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
That could be very awesome!

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #61
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

edit

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-31-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #62
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
wolverine had the main character role in the X3 Game also if i remember right
That game is the x 3 game.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #63
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I enjoyed First Class just as much as X2. I think they were equal to each other.

Although, I would give First Class a little more of a higher rating, just because it's a lot more stylish and retro feeling.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:38 PM   #64
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Also looking forward to the final battle with the Sentinels in the 70's as well. I can't believe that Xavier, Magneto, Beast and Mystique will take them all on by themselves.
Colossus would destroy all those plastic Mark I, that's why would be good to see teenage Juggs there.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:39 PM   #65
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I gotta go with X2 because it's more sci-fi like. Cerebro, plastic prisons, character evolving into a super-god, experimentations gone wrong...

Old 01-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #66
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Anyone else play this game? Funny how Bobby could do the ice slides but can't do them in the films.
I don't play computer games (i have enough obsessions filling my free time already, lol) but that cover art would put me right off buying that game. If it had Storm vs Phoenix, or Iceman (and his slides) attacking Juggernaut, then it would catch my eye. Overfocusing on Wolverine isn't doing them any favours - yet again.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:57 PM   #67
Melapi
Side-Kick

It might means nothing but Ian has this on twitter:
https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/statu...121089/photo/1

They're ready for the super bowl just for the game or for something else...

Old 01-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #68
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
inorite?

That and the surprise cameo that will get tongues wagging were my favourite little nuggets of information in he mag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
It might means nothing but Ian has this on twitter:
https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/statu...121089/photo/1

They're ready for the super bowl just for the game or for something else...
I ****ing love those two.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:06 PM   #69
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I ****ing love those two.
They're the best

Old 01-31-2014, 01:09 PM   #70
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
They're the best
But look at McKellen's hair! It's gone a bit wild and crazy these days... lol

Old 01-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #71
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
or for something else...
They will play with Sunspot, who's uniform reminds me:

I would laugh if Sunpot would kick one of those fireballs into Sentinel's head.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #72
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Some of Jennifer Lawrence's worst acting in FC was during the attack of the Hellfire Club at the CIA HQ. Watch her run around and scream. Also watch Banshee at one point breathing very heavily. Again really bad acting.

Bacon was just pure cheese (no pun intended). His powers just looked very poorly conceived. Also at the end when Xavier froze him and prevented him from putting helmet back on, I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to be moving, but there he was moving his arms and eyes. So distracting. I was fidgeting in that theater throughout that entire scene but I suspect not for the reasons the director intended.

Beast was ok if you didn't think of him as Beast. And he was ok up to until he turned into a muppet. I'm worried that we haven't really seen this Beast in DOFP talk yet. I hope Singer has corrected this.

The transition scenes in the FC were also really bad.

Don't get me wrong Bryan's two films also had bad performances. But they were mostly henchmen and smaller parts. Also as has been stated Halle also had some questionable acting (Kelly's "death" scene), but Singer has better control of his actors.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:10 PM   #73
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Was this posted already?

Vaugh on why he left DOFP

Quote:
It didn't excite me enough," he tells Empire Magazine. "The thing that was exciting about it was bringing all these actors together. What a cast! But I've worked with great actors and I just thought, 'I've got to do my own thing.'" That "own thing" would be the big screen adaptation of Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons' The Secret Service. "The script was great for X-Men, but I had Secret Service in my head. And this has always been Bryan's machine. It's come full circle."

Old 01-31-2014, 02:12 PM   #74
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Whatever his reasons are, it's good riddance just the same.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:20 PM   #75
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

^ Agreed.

It hasn't been posted GuestStar but it was part of the Empire article that a few of us here have read.

I love the bias (READ: I hate the bias) on that other site that posted that though. Even on a news article, they have to put in their 2 cents...

Closed Thread