The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #76
Melapi
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Don't get me wrong Bryan's two films also had bad performances. But they were mostly henchmen and smaller parts. Also as has been stated Halle also had some questionable acting (Kelly's "death" scene), but Singer has better control of his actors.
I agree, I noticed that with Hugh Jackman's performance in TLS. He was overacting in most of his dramatic scenes, but there's a moment (the wheels joke at the begining) in the X1's DVD extras where Bryan has to gave him orders to relax a bit. Bryan is the most concerned director in terms on acting quality of this saga.

Last edited by Melapi; 01-31-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #77
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

There was a rumor that Fox pushed Vaughn out.If there Is any truth to that maybe Fox thought Bryan was better suited to do what they wanted especilly with all the money they
are Invesing In DOFP.

If you with official story he choose to leave to do secret service.Supposly Bryan asked him If he sure about doing DOFP before taking over as director.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:02 PM   #78
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I imagine their will be a tv spot for X-men

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Old 01-31-2014, 03:21 PM   #79
Angamb
Banned User

what if Fox has ready some type of big appearance/event with the cast?

maybe appearing all together before the game, doing interviews together, or a tv special in the middle or something.

It would be sooooooooo smart to take advantage of the Superbowl being at Fox.
This is Fox 2nd biggest movie ever, so they should take advantage of ALL the biggest events and mediums.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:25 PM   #80
BMM
Side-Kick

I don't think it's quite that easy during the Super Bowl, and there most definitely will not be a special in the middle of it.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:38 PM   #81
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
^ Agreed.

It hasn't been posted GuestStar but it was part of the Empire article that a few of us here have read.

I love the bias (READ: I hate the bias) on that other site that posted that though. Even on a news article, they have to put in their 2 cents...
What other site?

Old 01-31-2014, 05:01 PM   #82
kasjan
Side-Kick

Was it posted here?

Old 01-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #83
Angamb
Banned User

is there a version with three female characters?

Old 01-31-2014, 05:12 PM   #84
Melapi
Side-Kick

In the past there's only one, so if there's one cover with a group of females it has to be from the future.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #85
Angamb
Banned User

and thats what I care about, lol

one with Storm, Kitty and Blink would be awesome. but sadly I highly doubt the studio pushed for it

Old 01-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #86
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Probably not, it's likely xavier,magneto and wolverine for a reason

Old 01-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #87
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Ughhh those veins.

(Thinks fondly back to the times when a bare-chested Wolverine was actually attractive).

Old 01-31-2014, 05:21 PM   #88
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
and thats what I care about, lol

one with Storm, Kitty and Blink would be awesome. but sadly I highly doubt the studio pushed for it
So do I. If they did is going to be Mystique and Storm, even when it doesn't make sense...

Old 01-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #89
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Ughhh those veins.

(Thinks fondly back to the times when a bare-chested Wolverine was actually attractive).
Yeah veins are disgusting.

:o
Old 01-31-2014, 05:28 PM   #90
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Was this posted already?

Vaugh on why he left DOFP
If he wasn't excited by the project then fair enough I guess. I think it's a shame that he didn't get to expand on what he's done in FC with a bigger budget. But then I guess bigger budget = bigger studio control and he seems the kind of guy who can't stand that one bit.

The visual side of this movie starts to worry me, particularly the future. That darn temple looks woefully cheap in every still I've seen so far. Young!Magneto's costume is the only one with any kind of personality. Mystique's dress in one of Empire's photos looks like a cheaper version of the clothes Jennifer wore in American Hustle. That shot of Quicksilver with his sister is cute but does it look like something that belongs in a $250 million movie?

Hopefully the character stuff and action are top-notch at least.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:30 PM   #91
Great Mind(s)
Broken

The action needs to be upped to Avengers/Man of Steel level.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #92
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Anyone else play this game? Funny how Bobby could do the ice slides but can't do them in the films.
Why would you torment yourself with that awful game? X2:Wolverine's Revenge and Wolverine Uncaged edition are much better movie based games for X-Men...but they both only focus on Wolverine....but Mark Hamill voices Wolvie in the X2 one so thats cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Was it posted here?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It would be sweet if there was a version with future Wolverine and Magneto/Xavier. Wolverine's future costume looks sweet...

Old 01-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #93
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Hopefully not Man of Steel. That had some of the most exhausting action scenes I've seen in a movie. They just would not end.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #94
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Hopefully not Man of Steel. That had some of the most exhausting action scenes I've seen in a movie. They just would not end.
Among other problems with that film. I want DOFP to have a great story with action, but alot of great story.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:41 PM   #95
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
It would be sweet if there was a version with future Wolverine and Magneto/Xavier. Wolverine's future costume looks sweet...
There is one

Old 01-31-2014, 05:41 PM   #96
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Among other problems with that film. I want DOFP to have a great story with action, but alot of great story.
Exactly!

Great story > a lot of extraneous action sequences

:o
Old 01-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #97
Mulholland-Jr
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
No thank you.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #98
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
There is one
All three on the same cover?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Exactly!

Great story > a lot of extraneous action sequences
Yup! I have faith it will be like that, plus I will be biased as time travel stories are my favorite aspect of sci-fi.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #99
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep somewhere

Old 01-31-2014, 05:56 PM   #100
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Since 2 days at my wallpaper.

Closed Thread