The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 01-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #76
Benstamania
Shot first.

Default Re: Tomb Raider (2013) - Part 1

I swear, is all this generation going to be constant PC comparisons? Nothing against the PC but that's going to get real old..Real quick. It's like a child desperately trying to get the attention of someone who just doesn't care.

"Hey guys! C'MOOOON! LOOK HEEEERE!"

lol.

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #77
jacobed
Banned User

Agreed

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #78
Raven X
Straight Edge Soul

I'm still trying to get used to the "new" new Lara face model........lol.

Disney Lover!!
Raven X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #79
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I swear, is all this generation going to be constant PC comparisons? Nothing against the PC but that's going to get real old..Real quick. It's like a child desperately trying to get the attention of someone who just doesn't care.

"Hey guys! C'MOOOON! LOOK HEEEERE!"

lol.
It wouldn't happen if people didn't make such stupid arguments against PC gaming. My favorite is, "The human eye can't tell if it's more than 30 FPS."

With this, what I hate most is the hack-job they did to Laura's face.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #80
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

And the opposite perfectly applies. No one was bashing the PC until you came by and said that both the X1 and PS4 versions are inferior to the PC version.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #81
Soapy
It's happening again...

Nevermind. I don't even like this game, I don't know why I'm posting in there.

Last edited by Soapy; 01-30-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:43 PM   #82
jacobed
Banned User

What's wrong with this game, I thought it was second best last year

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #83
zenith16
Side-Kick

hmm I'm not sure how this happened but i know that the Dev's them selves made the comparison with pc as we see just a page over in both video and article. and they said they made this version with console to be the better version on the ps4 as they said it just turned out that way there. and it's them and the console makers that are always saying the Xbone and ps4 are pc's them selves or on par.

Now After making this statement now I don't care to talk about further cause I don't care about people throwing fit's where there never should be one, on what the makers are discussing them selves to the press.

On the topic's of news on the sequel when they start that Topic up again it'll be put up. it's just the way thing's are, you can only do so, when they make it available .

the games fun wish there was just a bit more story to it. but it's most-likely in the sequel. just have to wait ti they're ready to talk about that again

Last edited by zenith16; 01-31-2014 at 12:14 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:12 AM   #84
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
And the opposite perfectly applies. No one was bashing the PC until you came by and said that both the X1 and PS4 versions are inferior to the PC version.
I made one comment which one person responded to. It's not as if I started a flame war. I just find the "Definitive Edition" to be a joke; it's a $60 HD texture pack with a new face model for Lara that runs marginally better on the new consoles.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:47 AM   #85
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

I thought the definitieve edition is more than just simple textures upgrade. I could be wrong, but i thought that they added new physics to the game as well. For example , you'll see the environtments reacts better and you'll actually see Lara's gears like her climbing axe moves when she moves, just to name a couple of examples.

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:17 AM   #86
The Hill
Frat House Member

What I find amusing is that people are praising this when some of the same people are giving Capcom hell for doing the same thing.

"Shepard you're missing it! It's Goddamn GLORIOUS! I'm clawing out bodies out here!" Grunt Mass Effect 2
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:49 AM   #87
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

You mean praising the upgrade...or praising the game?

The game is worthy of the praise IMO.Despite a few hiccups here and there, it was a fun game, with an interesting storyline and an excellent , fully fleshed out main character in Lara Croft.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:27 PM   #88
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
I thought the definitieve edition is more than just simple textures upgrade. I could be wrong, but i thought that they added new physics to the game as well. For example , you'll see the environtments reacts better and you'll actually see Lara's gears like her climbing axe moves when she moves, just to name a couple of examples.
yeah that's true and that is the case . I think the problem is since people have being talking about the horse power of late with the new consoles with this they should be something more to show that off, besides' just graphic's, like more added to the game play. this is what I'm understanding from all this.

And despite what some think not every reviewer has been giving 9's or higher scott c jones of EPD.TV/RTOR gave it a 7 and he said his reason's for it being lowered as well. the game it's self should be praised. the upgrade I guess is up for debate.

As to the capcom statement thing that was said by another poster. No none should buy the same thing more then once the issue with them is they hold back content for that to happen, which most people/ buyers have taken issue with them on .

This isn't the very same case with Tomb Raider. but I do under stand what's being said about buying the game twice. but no ones being made to do so with this unlike what's done with capcom. point is if people are always gonna be talking about the horse power hopefully it'll be shown in more ways then just the graphic's . I think think that's what the issue here is.

here's a pod cast

Podcast

Game of Thrones, Tomb Raider: DE, and Eisenberg as Luthor

This week Vic and Scott are fighting over a victor in the Game of Thrones, discuss their experiences with Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, and what is Jesse Eisenberg doing as Lex Luthor?

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Last edited by zenith16; 01-31-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #89
The Hill
Frat House Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
You mean praising the upgrade...or praising the game?

The game is worthy of the praise IMO.Despite a few hiccups here and there, it was a fun game, with an interesting storyline and an excellent , fully fleshed out main character in Lara Croft.
The upgrade it's self. Charging the full $60 just tells me this is an attempt to try to get more sales for the game since they felt the game did't sell well enough. As for why most developers always go for upping the graphics when new hardware is introduced, my theory is that it's the easiest aspect of a game to improve, and it's proven that gamers/consumers respond well to the latest high-end graphics. Very few times, or ever you hear someone say, "Look at that average-looking game it's a day one purchase" It's all about frame rates and 1080p and how detailed everything looks. That's how sleeper titles are made. Beyond Good and Evil is a good example of this.

"Shepard you're missing it! It's Goddamn GLORIOUS! I'm clawing out bodies out here!" Grunt Mass Effect 2
Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 PM   #90
zenith16
Side-Kick

I 'm pretty sure game play and story were a factor with beyond good and evil as well. Not just it's looks.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:42 PM   #91
The Hill
Frat House Member

The game was average looking for it's time and many people passed it over. Only when some people accualy played the game they had nothing but good things to say. I'm almost certain if that game had fantastic visuals, that trilogy would have been completed by now. Instead, it's just an HD re-release with Part 2 nowhere in sight.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #92
zenith16
Side-Kick

well half of that I agree with. they were working on a sequel and it's been too quiet since then.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #93
JohnnyNI

I was thinking Gemma Arterton too! Saw her in something recently and just thought 'Lara potential' lol

Is there no more movies news? Marti Noxon was meant to be penning the script but there hasn't been any hint of progress since!

JohnnyNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 AM   #94
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hill View Post
The upgrade it's self. Charging the full $60 just tells me this is an attempt to try to get more sales for the game since they felt the game did't sell well enough. As for why most developers always go for upping the graphics when new hardware is introduced, my theory is that it's the easiest aspect of a game to improve, and it's proven that gamers/consumers respond well to the latest high-end graphics. Very few times, or ever you hear someone say, "Look at that average-looking game it's a day one purchase" It's all about frame rates and 1080p and how detailed everything looks. That's how sleeper titles are made. Beyond Good and Evil is a good example of this.
yeah i agree with you on this.Charging that much money for those kinds of upgrades is a bit too much. Furthermore, those improvements,no matter how great they are, will only be really visible of you're really paying close attention.

The new Physics for the hair, lara's gear and the grass and the leaves and whatnot sounds great but i would much rather that they've put some new contents that actually adds things to the gameplay...especially if they're charging that much money.

As for myself, graphics isn't really high on my list when it comes to playing a game. I'm prefectly happy playing Tomb Raider the way it is now.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #95
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

If she could pull off a British accent, I think Antje Traue {Faora from "Man Of Steel"} would be a great choice for the next big screen live action Lara Croft.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #96
Octoberist
point blank

Where is Antje anyway? I haven't seen her cast in anything recent.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:35 AM   #97
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

since I didn't buy this game on the ps3, i'll definitely buy the definitive edition on ps4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
It's Zryson. Everything he says is so funny.
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:23 AM   #98
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
since I didn't buy this game on the ps3, i'll definitely buy the definitive edition on ps4.
If you play like I do, you'll enjoy the ax upgrade more than the rest of your weapons

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #99
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Nevermind. I don't even like this game, I don't know why I'm posting in there.
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
What's wrong with this game, I thought it was second best last year
So number was what you expected it to be? Or is it another game?

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #100
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
If you play like I do, you'll enjoy the ax upgrade more than the rest of your weapons
I'm sure i will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
It's Zryson. Everything he says is so funny.
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote