The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 01-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #276
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
No ****? I had no idea he was doing that.
Yeah, it was after the release of the movie in the cinema he said something about the cut scenes and then said something like "If the fans plead enough, maybe Marvel will release a directors cut."

Not an exact quote but thats pretty much what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
I'd actually like Branagh to come back. Didn't he want to anyway but something came up? Seems like he and Marvel left on good terms so I'd like to see him get a shot again. I think under him at least the character work would be good again, as that's what really stands out to me as a major sucess in the first film.
I would like Branagh back as well, Thor is my 2nd favourite marvel movie behind TA and I still love it. I was a bit disappointed that the sequel didnt build on what the 1st movie brilliantly set up.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #277
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yeah, that work's to. Make the movie a half-hour longer and you can keep the comedy while leaving in the character stuff to. I was simply trying to suggest how they could have kept the same running time and fit the character stuff in at the same time. But you're right, there was no reason why this movie HAD to be UNDER two hours long, especially with all the stuff that was going on.
I agree.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #278
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^That makes 2 of us. I never in a million years expected Thor 2 to be the shortest Marvel movie yet with all of the things they had to cover.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #279
See Cap Run
Side-Kick

Actually at two hours it was longer than both The Incredible Hulk and the first Thor.

See Cap Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:07 PM   #280
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Except it wasn't. TDW was 112 min. Incredible Hulk was 113 min. Thor was 115 min.

rashad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #281
See Cap Run
Side-Kick

But on Box Office Mojo it lists The Incredible Hulk at 1:54, Thor at 1:55 and TDW at 2 hours

Old 01-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #282
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by See Cap Run View Post
But on Box Office Mojo it lists The Incredible Hulk at 1:54, Thor at 1:55 and TDW at 2 hours
BOM is wrong. It's 112min. (1hr 52min). Check the specs.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Thor-T...Blu-ray/92702/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981115/technical
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thor_the_dark_world/
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Thor-The-D...creen/33887168

rashad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #283
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Thor is longest one there is!

Wait...

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #284
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Boy won't wear hearing aid because "superheroes don't", so Marvel creates one.

http://www.wimp.com/hearingaid/

My feels though..

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #285
See Cap Run
Side-Kick

Oh my Thor! You guys were right about it being the shortest! All this time I thought it was 2 hours and I'd think "Why do so many people complain about the runtime? It's not like it's the shortest MCU film". Anyway, thanks for the links rashad

Old 01-31-2014, 08:10 AM   #286
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by See Cap Run View Post
Oh my Thor! You guys were right about it being the shortest! All this time I thought it was 2 hours and I'd think "Why do so many people complain about the runtime? It's not like it's the shortest MCU film". Anyway, thanks for the links rashad
We shall soon see what was left on the editing floor..
Not looking good thus far..

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:27 AM   #287
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Thor is longest one there is!

Wait...

Hey guys, it's time for a new avvy.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #288
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

When is this out for Digital Download? I figure I might as well check the movie out then.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #289
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

New Extended Scene: Exclusive Deleted Scene from the THOR: THE DARK WORLD Blu-ray Features Thor, Volstagg, and Fandral Celebrating on Asgard

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:14 PM   #290
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't think it needed 30 more mins. I think another 15 would have sufficed (aka IM3 length).

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #291
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Another good scene, but this didn't feel quite as important as the first one.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:41 PM   #292
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

oooooh I want one of those tiny flying Asgardian boats! I could make the cats life a living hell with that thing.

Nice callback to the coffee shop scene in the first one too, but I agree this one didn't seem quite as necessary as the Frigga scene.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #293
Bikko

Watched it first time yesterday. I am a big Marvel fan but it sure annoys me the pronunciation og the characters names. Mostly when Odin or anybody else says Frigga.

I am from Iceland, the country where the norse mythology comes from, because Snorri Sturluson who wrote a book in the 13th century called "Edda" where he wrote the stories of the norse gods. I have read it many times.

Odins wife is called Frigg, just Frigg
Thor (Þór) is the son of Odin and a woman called Jörð (earth)
Thor´s wife is Sif.

But enough of wisdom from mister knowitall. The movie was good I would give it 8 out of 10.

But I also reccomend that you people get to know "Edda" or "The Prose Edda"

Bikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #294
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikko View Post
Watched it first time yesterday. I am a big Marvel fan but it sure annoys me the pronunciation og the characters names. Mostly when Odin or anybody else says Frigga.

I am from Iceland, the country where the norse mythology comes from, because Snorri Sturluson who wrote a book in the 13th century called "Edda" where he wrote the stories of the norse gods. I have read it many times.

Thor´s wife is Sif.

But enough of wisdom from mister knowitall. The movie was good I would give it 8 out of 10.

Frigga is a common anglicization of Frigg so there's nothing wrong there. The gods' names aren't always pronounced like on Iceland in Sweden, Norway and Denmark either. Not that such things really matter since the Marvel comic pantheon has many differences from the myths and can only be treated as a separate thing, just inspired by the original.

On top of that the movies also differ a bit from the comics, for example in that the movies don't treat the Asgardians as gods at all which makes it likely that in the movies Frigga was Thor's real mother.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #295
Bikko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Frigga is a common anglicization of Frigg so there's nothing wrong there. The gods' names aren't always pronounced like on Iceland in Sweden, Norway and Denmark either. Not that such things really matter since the Marvel comic pantheon has many differences from the myths and can only be treated as a separate thing, just inspired by the original.

On top of that the movies also differ a bit from the comics, for example in that the movies don't treat the Asgardians as gods at all which makes it likely that in the movies Frigga was Thor's real mother.
That is true, the point of my post was more to raise some interest in the original stories of the god of thunder.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #296
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Thor´s wife is Sif.

Welcome Aboard!! Yes, I do own those books, but it doesn't bother as much as not having Balder/Baldur in at ALL. no mention nothing.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #297
Bikko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Welcome Aboard!! Yes, I do own those books, but it doesn't bother as much as not having Balder/Baldur in at ALL. no mention nothing.
Thanks! I am so glad to see this ! Baldur like we say in Iceland is often called "Hinn hvíti ás" or The white god, he is the purest and brightest of them all, but he gest killed by his blind brother named Höður(Hothor),after Loki told him to shoot the arrow that was aimed at Baldur without Höður knowing.

Here you gan listen to the Icelandic norse mythology rock band called Skálmöld. They sing only about norse mythology.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #298
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
That is true, the point of my post was more to raise some interest in the original stories of the god of thunder.
It appears that when I was changing up my post I deleted the sentence that said that it's never a bad thing to talk about the myths though, so I'll say it now instead.

And welcome, too.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #299
Bikko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
It appears that when I was changing up my post I deleted the sentence that said that it's never a bad thing to talk about the myths though, so I'll say it now instead.

And welcome, too.
Thanks! but back to the movie. It has a special meaning here in Iceland this movie. A big part of it was recorded here. It even got in the news when Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddlestone sat in a café in downtown Reykjavík,
the café´s name "Café Loki" But like in the movie Oblivion, the Icelandic nature is shown like a complete desert. One of my favourites from both of the Thor movies is with out a doubt Idris Elba as Heimdallur.

There is an Icelandic cartoon called "The legend of Valhalla Thor" wich is the most expensive Icelandic movie ever made.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #300
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
When is this out for Digital Download? I figure I might as well check the movie out then.
Feb. 4th...It goes live...

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote