The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #551
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic
 
Silver Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: T.O, Canada
Posts: 999
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

I think Thor/Sif is a pipe dream in the MCU, it's not happening. As crazy as it may sound, some sort of Sif/Loki might happen. In T:TDW, Loki remarked how ravishing Thor looked in Sif's guise and then told Sif how good it was to see her again, and then the two kinda shared a look.

I don't know, maybe Sif's jealousy of Thor/Jane pushes her to lash out via Loki. You could make it plausible that Sif's affection for Thor was one more reason why Loki was jealous of him during their childhood. Prolly won't happen but hey, food for thought.

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #552
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,191
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

I highly, highly doubt it. I think Thor/Sif is more likely than a Loki/Sif. If the latter would be the route they'd go, I'd rather they not even pair her with anyone.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #553
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic
 
Silver Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: T.O, Canada
Posts: 999
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

I think a Loki/Sif dynamic would be interesting, doesn't have to be love or something like that. Sexual tension/frustration would work just as well, especially if they do a solo Loki movie. A Fire and Ice dynamic of sorts. Heck it might be the only way to get Sif some screen time.

Thor/Sif isn't happening, he is hilariously not into her and putting them together at the last minute would be extremely forced and implausible. The movies have gone out of their way to show how crazily Thor is in love with Jane, even more than Tony/Pepper.

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #554
Saturius
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 47
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

I've mentioned this before but I'm going to say it again. Why is everyone so sure Sif/Thor is NEVER going to happen. I just don't get the complaints of people who are mad that Thor is into Jane. They're following the comics. Thor WAS involved with Jane. Then later on down the road he got with Sif. I see no reason that Marvel won't eventually get there with Thor/Sif if they continue making these films.

Saturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #555
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic
 
Silver Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: T.O, Canada
Posts: 999
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

There isn't a road long enough for Sif/Thor to happen in this MCU, after Thor 3 all bets are off. If they reboot, who knows, maybe?

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #556
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,191
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

It's entirely possible for a Thor/Sif relationship to be set up in Thor 3. It obviously wouldn't be explored as they did the Thor/Jane relationship but it's at least a feasible idea that it could be set up & introduced to fray.

I can't really see Thor & Jane's relationship lasting too long, especially when Thor is going to have so much unfinished business to attend to on Asgard.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #557
warriorking
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 363
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

After seeing the deleted scenes in TDW there were no additional scenes hinting of a Thor Sif relationship, Thor pretty much nipped it in the bud quickly..
And with Thor's return to earth to be with Jane, its pretty much set in stone that they will be a couple in AoU as well as Thor 3...
Marvel has set their story line and Jane is the one...

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #558
Saturius
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 47
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

I think there's still a great chance of Thor/Sif happening. It's obviously not gonna happen in Thor 3, but in future Thor movies. I think Marvel has too much invested in this shared universe to just reboot it in the near future. They'll continue it for quite a long time. I do think actors and whatnot will definitely be replaced, but I'm sure the continuity will be the same for many films and years to come.

The first two movies have already established heavily that Sif is into Thor, so when it comes time to explore them, it won't have come out of nowhere. Once the Jane/Thor romance has run its course, they'll be free to explore it more fully, just as they did in the comics. I just believe it's happening one way or the other. This is essentially a Gwen/Mary Jane situation. Once they get Jane out the way after a couple films, in will come Sif. I think the current rebooted Amazing Spiderman series is going to do the same thing as well. People just have to be patient.

Saturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #559
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,191
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

^ I doubt the actors will be replaced. Imo, with these movies steadily growing in popularity, the main actors (save for Downey) would be fools not to continue onward.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #560
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic
 
Silver Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: T.O, Canada
Posts: 999
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Thor 4 will be Hemsworth's 7th Thor, I think he'd be tired of the character by then. I know Natalie will bolt. It would cost too much for Marvel to bring everyone back. They will recast along with Iron-Man. I don't see a Thor 4 happening, without a soft reboot.

Sif/Thor in Thor 3 is implausible, there is no interest on Thor's part and the so called "love-triangle" was completely shelved. Marvel isn't interested in Sif/Thor that's why they minimized their screen time together, they didn't even show Thor say goodbye to her when he left for Earth to emphasize that she's just one of the guys along like Hogun and Volstagg to Thor. Thor/Jane on the other hand is the most developed and spotlighted romantic relationship in the MCU, they aren't going to dump it at the last minute.

Heck the only plausible "love-triangle" in the series is Jane/Thor/Richard LMAO!

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #561
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,191
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
Thor 4 will be Hemsworth's 7th Thor, I think he'd be tired of the character by then. I know Natalie will bolt. It would cost too much for Marvel to bring everyone back. They will recast along with Iron-Man. I don't see a Thor 4 happening, without a soft reboot.
Doesn't really matter if Natalie bolts by then, all that would matter anyway would be keeping the main stars, and that would be both Chris & Tom.

Quote:
Sif/Thor in Thor 3 is implausible, there is no interest on Thor's part and the so called "love-triangle" was completely shelved. Marvel isn't interested in Sif/Thor that's why they minimized their screen time together, they didn't even show Thor say goodbye to her when he left for Earth to emphasize that she's just one of the guys along like Hogun and Volstagg to Thor. Thor/Jane on the other hand is the most developed and spotlighted romantic relationship in the MCU, they aren't going to dump it at the last minute.

Heck the only plausible "love-triangle" in the series is Jane/Thor/Richard LMAO!
As I said, a Thor/Sif relationship can always be introduced in Thor 3, & considering we have absolutely no idea T3 & what it will contain, it's a little on the side of "far too early" to be able to rule an idea of this nature out.

I don't see a reboot for any of these characters coming anytime soon considering they're trying to expand on the MCU. Doing a reboot would completely negate that whole idea.

Whether we get a Thor 4 or not, I don't see Marvel rebooting right after they're done with one series. That would be sloppy business anyway.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #562
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic
 
Silver Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: T.O, Canada
Posts: 999
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

They aren't going to reboot it Spiderman style, Fiege saidi he envisions MCU like the 007 franchise, with actors going in and out with soft retcons.

In regards to Sif/Thor, there is not interest, no seeds planted, no direction. Only wishfull thinking on part of some fans. MCU's Thor's has invested so much into Thor/Jane they won't abandon it at the last minute. That's why they completely erased the love triangle from Thor 2.

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #563
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,191
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
They aren't going to reboot it Spiderman style, Fiege saidi he envisions MCU like the 007 franchise, with actors going in and out with soft retcons.

In regards to Sif/Thor, there is not interest, no seeds planted, no direction. Only wishfull thinking on part of some fans. MCU's Thor's has invested so much into Thor/Jane they won't abandon it at the last minute. That's why they completely erased the love triangle from Thor 2.
It wasn't completely erased seeing as they had Sif in the position of the woman who was obviously jealous (and in love). The discussion with Thor at the beginning (concerning Jane), the various looks she & Thor shared, etc. A great deal may have been cut, but it wasn't erased entirely as it was made painfully obvious that Sif had very deep feelings for Thor.

As for the franchise continuing, I still don't see Chris quitting anytime soon. Just recently when he was interviewed for TDW & T3 he was quoted as saying "yeah, bring them all on!" when asked about Surtur being a main villain. Doesn't necessarily sound like a guy who's ready to throw in the towel.

Add that to the fact that Hemsworth is 30. I can understand Downey bowing out soon because he'll be 50 next year, that's understandable. But in Hemsworth's case, from what I can tell he hasn't shown any signs of wanting to leave just yet.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #564
warriorking
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 363
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

The major players and screen time in both Thor movies have been Thor, Loki, Jane...
Marvel has spent over 320 Million and counting on the Thor franchise alone developing that storyline, and they also took time out to explain Jane's absence in Avengers as well.
I don't see any evidence they are going to jump ship and push a breakup with Jane to make room for Sif..

Portman has stated she would be very happy continuing the role and Marvel will make sure that happens...

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #565
Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,115
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Sif may never return to Asgard after AOS.

Apparently, she has found the magic of Jim Beam...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HmWyr9di1o

I don't know what that is but I have to say I love it!

Marvel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:42 AM   #566
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,191
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

The more & more I think about the Thor franchise as well as the MCU in general & what we know they have planned thus far, the more I feel Sif is underused. I'm not saying they should just shoehorn her into stories for the hell of it, but I do want them to at least expand on her role. Sif is supposed to be capable of so much more...both as a citizen of Asgard, friend of Thor, & as a warrior.

Seems as if they've only barely scratched the surface.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #567
coluanprime
Side-Kick
 
coluanprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 348
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

What did people think of Sif's costume, did you like it better with cape or without? Is it better than her first one?
My personal feeling is that I'd love to have this adapted into the comics, it's fairly simple and I think that makes it strong. (of course having Jaime Alexander wear the costume doesn't hurt )

coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #568
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy
 
Panthro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cat's Lair, Third Earth
Posts: 18,260
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
The more & more I think about the Thor franchise as well as the MCU in general & what we know they have planned thus far, the more I feel Sif is underused. I'm not saying they should just shoehorn her into stories for the hell of it, but I do want them to at least expand on her role. Sif is supposed to be capable of so much more...both as a citizen of Asgard, friend of Thor, & as a warrior.

Seems as if they've only barely scratched the surface.
Sif is most definitely underused, and for no better reason than she's not played by Natalie Portman, which is too bad since Jaimie Alexander has a much stronger screen presence than Nat, even though Nat's a fine actress by herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluanprime
What did people think of Sif's costume, did you like it better with cape or without? Is it better than her first one?
My personal feeling is that I'd love to have this adapted into the comics, it's fairly simple and I think that makes it strong. (of course having Jaime Alexander wear the costume doesn't hurt )
Her costume looked fine. No real opinion beyond that. Wouldn't make a difference to me one way or the other if it ever got adapted into the books.

__________________
SUPERMAN: You know something Bruce? You're not always right.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #569
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,191
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Sif is most definitely underused, and for no better reason than she's not played by Natalie Portman, which is too bad since Jaimie Alexander has a much stronger screen presence than Nat, even though Nat's a fine actress by herself.
That's always been my thought, even stemming from the first film. Even if it's not necessarily as a love interest, I don't see why Sif has played a bigger role in everything. I mean, I love Kat Dennings & she's a funny girl, but if I had to pick between giving either Sif or Darcy a bigger role for the sequel it would've been Sif without a second thought.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #570
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,143
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
That's always been my thought, even stemming from the first film. Even if it's not necessarily as a love interest, I don't see why Sif has played a bigger role in everything. I mean, I love Kat Dennings & she's a funny girl, but if I had to pick between giving either Sif or Darcy a bigger role for the sequel it would've been Sif without a second thought.
I'll never understand Marvel when it comes to placing Darcy & Co above The Warrior's 3 and Sif in importance.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #571
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy
 
Panthro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cat's Lair, Third Earth
Posts: 18,260
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'll never understand Marvel when it comes to placing Darcy & Co above The Warrior's 3 and Sif in importance.
I guess Kat Dennings & co sleep with the right Marvel execs...

__________________
SUPERMAN: You know something Bruce? You're not always right.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:11 AM   #572
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,191
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'll never understand Marvel when it comes to placing Darcy & Co above The Warrior's 3 and Sif in importance.
Me either. All they're doing is sacrificing four great characters for others who, save for Jane, aren't even in the comics to begin with. That's so so lame.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #573
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy
 
Panthro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cat's Lair, Third Earth
Posts: 18,260
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
Me either. All they're doing is sacrificing four great characters for others who, save for Jane, aren't even in the comics to begin with. That's so so lame.
Yeah it is pretty lame. I guess they think Darcy & co. help "humanize" Thor but they're just not that interesting as characters.

__________________
SUPERMAN: You know something Bruce? You're not always right.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #574
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,143
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Yeah it is pretty lame. I guess they think Darcy & co. help "humanize" Thor but they're just not that interesting as characters.
You would think they humanized the franchise enough with the first film.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:21 AM   #575
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,191
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Indeed. Everything doesn't have to be "humanized." Audiences love to see those over the top fantastical elements that are also alien in nature.

The one thing all movies over the last decade have succumbed to is filmmakers (some, not all) trying too hard to ground ideas in realism & make them more humanistic. The problem is, some ideas aren't meant to be as "realistic as possible" which is why it waters them down.

A big reason why I wish they would've stuck with Thor/Sif & kept Thor's adventures mainly off of Earth unless it's pertaining to the Avengers.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.