The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:27 AM   #926
jacobed
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Metal Gear Thread - Part 5

Man even $20 would be cutting it close. Most xbla and psn games have twice that gameplay and are only $10

Old 02-06-2014, 06:30 AM   #927
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I'll wait for Phantom Pains thanks. No way I'm I paying that amount for something so ridiculously short and contained.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-06-2014, 06:32 AM   #928
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I'll wait for Phantom Pains thanks. No way I'm I paying that amount for something so ridiculously short and contained.
Ah dear folks that is where YouTube comes in, just watch a play through of that sucker.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:22 AM   #929
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
40 bucks on the next gen systems,if I am not mistaken. It's still a reduced price on any console it will be on. And probably has a much larger budget to earn back, compared to any other game that would be priced at those suggestions. (Not that I would know that for sure.)
$40 for a prologue is not a "reduced price," that's suggesting that they are being generous by not charging $60 for it.

They also made all these assets and tech for The Phantom Pain, cranking out this smaller prologue cost them much less money. They are releasing this in order to make more money for the overall work they have done on MGSV, because this prologue will sell really well, but probably didn't cost them much extra to make.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #930
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Konami's responded too on Facebook or something. The backlash must be really high now!

Old 02-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #931
OcStat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Its not like this is GTA where there is dozens and dozens of hidden things and places to explore. It's one tiny island base. You go in, get Chico and Paz, and leave. Even with these 5 extra Ops missions that's not really gonna be worth $40 ( or $ 90 for Australians)

Now if it was 20 bucks, then sure, worth it. As it stands though, this is paying full price for what is essentially the Tanker level demo from MGS2.

Seems to me the smart thing for Konami would have been for them to bundle it Castlevania LoS2 like they did with MGS2 and ZOE
So why do I have over 80 hours clocked-in on MGS4, a game that can be beat in under 5?

And they bundled a demo of the Tanker with ZOE not the whole episode. I wouldn't be surprised if LoS2 does come with a demo. And I could play the Tanker all day long.

But we can agree to disagree, I see this is going nowhere fast.

Last edited by OcStat; 02-06-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #932
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
Konami's responded too on Facebook or something. The backlash must be really high now!
yeah I came here to post what he said just now. here's what he said peep's.

Kojima Comments On Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes’ Length. February 6, 2014 . 4:59am

Hideo Kojima has reached out to fans with a message regarding the length of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, following reports that the game can be completed in 2 hours.

Quote:

Following a report by Game Informer magazine (via: Kotaku) that Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes took them approximately two hours to complete, series director Hideo Kojima has reached out to fans via his Twitter account with a message regarding the game’s length.

Kojima writes: “MGSV Ground Zeroes includes the main mission alongside 5 Side Ops. All missions include elements such as ‘Trial Records,’ where players can compete against each other online. This is not a linear game like the past.”

GZ offers freedom of approach & player style, which we hope players will enjoy over & over without boring,” he continues. “I believe people will be satisfied with the ‘Play Time’ of GZ and will not stress the ‘Clear Time,’ which is a standard for linear games.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes serves as both a prologue and tutorial for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Back in December, Kojima tweeted that while Ground Zeroes made use of an open world, the open world in The Phantom Pain was “hundreds of times” larger.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on March 18th in North America and March 20th in Europe. The current-gen version of the game will cost $20 as a download and $30 at retail, while the next-gen version will cost $30 as a download and $40 at retail.

source:Siliconera

Old 02-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #933
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Don't care Kojima. It's two hours.. Speed runs will be in 5 mins. So no sir, this will not get my money. Sell it digital only for 15? Then maybe.

Revelation 22:20
Old 02-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #934
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
So why do I have over 80 hours clocked-in on MGS4, a game that can be beat in under 5?

And they bundled a demo of the Tanker with ZOE not the whole episode. I wouldn't be surprised if LoS2 does come with a demo. And I could play the Tanker all day long.

But we can agree to disagree, I see this is going nowhere fast.
Im pretty sure that wasnt one playthrough though. Anyone can log in over 80 hours on a game playing through it multiple times, whether the story experience is 2 hours, 5 hours, 20 hours, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Don't care Kojima. It's two hours.. Speed runs will be in 5 mins. So no sir, this will not get my money. Sell it digital only for 15? Then maybe.
I really hate and dont get the pricing scheme either. It should really be the same across all versions, considering thats how every other publisher has priced titles (with the exception of Angry Birds, which also suffers from being overpriced). $20 for everything would be easier to swallow then that price for one version and $40 for another

Old 02-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #935
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
yeah I came here to post what he said just now. here's what he said peep's.
Not Kojima, that was before. Konami. On their Facebook.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #936
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Quote:
yeah he's responding

Discussing The Length Of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

news
on Feb 05, 2014 at 06:48 PM

Reports have been appearing discussing the prologue chapter’s length, and we want to elaborate on the issue.
... more

Source: GI
The article seems like GI trying to expand on what they said. But, it too late now, GI can't say "Four Hours" or talk about the side mission. They said two hours, it's still two hours for the main missions, and they can't take it back.

Quote:
So that confirms that their 2 hour main story time includes the cutscenes (they said their second playthrough was much quicker because they skipped them), which is even crazier.
Yeah, I was thinking those two hours could probably get padded out longer if there were the classic lengthy Kojima cutscenes.

But, those two hours are with the cutscenes. Could there really be only an hour and half or so of actual gameplay? I mean, the cutscenes must still be long in comparison to the gameplay like always.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #937
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

If the backlash grows any louder, im going to be compelled to snag the game at launch, then ill be out 40 bones. Better stay away from any MGS:TPP internet talk.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:04 PM   #938
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Ah dear folks that is where YouTube comes in, just watch a play through of that sucker.
Exactly what I plain to do now. Sad really.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #939
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
But, those two hours are with the cutscenes. Could there really be only an hour and half or so of actual gameplay? I mean, the cutscenes must still be long in comparison to the gameplay like always.
Kojima stated that there would be less cutscenes than MGS4 and the cutscenes would be shorter. Not sure if that applies to this game or The Phantom Pain, though.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #940
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

I could see it being that way with Phantom Pain as well, but in relation to MGS4 it could be shorter but still longer than anything else we see in games with how lengthy MGS4's cutscenes were.

I'd be surprised if he cuts them down even by half, though.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #941
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
Not Kojima, that was before. Konami. On their Facebook.
oh I see my bad.

ok here's a video from

Last edited by zenith16; 02-06-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:47 PM   #942
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

So, it took one person 1 hour and a half to finish the main story, and he took his time in learning the mechanics!

Other than that, this games sounds really awesome. Shame about the price.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #943
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

To try and get off the topic of the game length and on to a far more petty complaint, when are devs going to start detailing weapon slings??? I notice in the video Snake is sneaking around and his rifle, very realistically, hangs in front of his body, yet there is no visual weapon sling. It just kinda magically stays there. I figured thats something devs would start animating with this new generation of consoles.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #944
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
oh I see my bad.

ok here's a video from
Damn. Well my anti TPP stance didnt last long at all. After watching those guys talk about the game, im back on board.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #945
Ajendo
Side-Kick

**** it. I am so sold on this and will be buying it on ps3 hard copy on dor.

The game looks great, has a vintage yet progressive typical MGS tone and come on it's friggin canonical METAL GEAR! Also, I can't wait to hear Sutherland as BB, the CQC and combat system looks perfect and this looks like the most stealthiest game in the series or at least you can play it for it to be that way. The real icing in the cake would be the music. Watching that video and seeing the footage and gearing tracks from the previous games just got me all nostalgic and pumped. The music better deliver!

Old 02-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #946
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Damn. Well my anti TPP stance didnt last long at all. After watching those guys talk about the game, im back on board.
Looool I knew this would happen and trust me, many others will follow suit. As a die hard MGS fan complaining is what we do best but when it comes down to it, we'll be there to pick it up even if begrudgingly.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #947
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Sutherland on his role as Snake/Big Boss/Whatever the hell you wanna call him:

Quote:
“Oh man, that's been a gig and a half! I've been working on that for over a year.”

“You know, I've got, like, 50 metal dots on my face, 50 cameras recording my every facial movement,” Sutherland said of the process of making the game. “The process and the technology and what I have to go through just to do a line, and what the engineers and technicians have to do, it's unbelievable. But then when I saw it… There was a guy who was applying the dots and was just in charge of that part, and he was making his own game; he's some technical wizard, and this game is supposed to be really cool. But they were showing us some stuff that they had just finished in Japan, and they were showing it back to us. It was this one little clip that’s final, final, final, and it's me on a horse. I'm riding the horse, and then I go from a run to a lope to a walk, and then standing still. I don't know a lot about games, so I'm watching it, and the guy who's watching it with me goes, ‘Oh my God. Your ears moved.’ Then he was looking at the throat, and he said, ‘You can see the pulse.’ I mean, it was so real, and all I kept thinking was, ‘This is how they're going to make movies soon.’ They're halfway there now, you know, but they're going to make films like this. This is not far off. “

Sutherland said, of Snake, “The character is one of the few things that they say is, "Lower!” He then affected just such a raspy voice, looking at me as he asked, in Snake style, "What are you gonna do?" Sutherland added, with a laugh, “I’m talking, and I start sounding like Tom Waits. But I've really enjoyed it, and they're really good people.”

Old 02-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #948
jacobed
Banned User

God I'm so excited for Kiefer

Old 02-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #949
The Hill
Frat House Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
To try and get off the topic of the game length and on to a far more petty complaint, when are devs going to start detailing weapon slings??? I notice in the video Snake is sneaking around and his rifle, very realistically, hangs in front of his body, yet there is no visual weapon sling. It just kinda magically stays there. I figured thats something devs would start animating with this new generation of consoles.
That sort of thing has been a pet peeve of mine since the end of the PS2 era. I've been fed up with the sword/gun "glued" to the character's back/hip look.

"Shepard you're missing it! It's Goddamn GLORIOUS! I'm clawing out bodies out here!" Grunt Mass Effect 2
Old 02-06-2014, 05:57 PM   #950
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hill View Post
That sort of thing has been a pet peeve of mine since the end of the PS2 era. I've been fed up with the sword/gun "glued" to the character's back/hip look.
Same here. I figure since the overall visuals won't be wildly better in this gen compared to last, at least the small details would really start showing up.

Closed Thread