The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 02-06-2014, 06:46 AM   #76
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Default Re: Agent 13

That's about as much as I can hope for.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #77
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Maybe they're setting her up for Cap 3?

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #78
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Maybe they're setting her up for Cap 3?
They've said as much, but I'm doubting the sincerity of their attempt.

Word (seen in the link above) is coming in that her role is a "glorified cameo".

So as that would imply little involvement in the plot and character development, her character will be overshadowed by the others (Sam, Bucky, and most of all Natasha) all of whom Steve will have significant interactions with.

So come CA3's production, in what is likely Cap's last solo, who are fans (and the crew) going to be more interested in, the inactive SHIELD agent, or the three other characters who have been through thick and thin with Cap?

As Cap 3 will have four leads, plus whatever villains, they might just not bother with Sharon much. Have Steve be celibate, or pair him with Natasha.

Admittedly, this is all academic as we haven't seen the movie yet. But the writing's on the wall.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #79
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

But that's fine, I'm okay with that. We can't assume that Falcon and BW will have the same amount of usefulness in Cap 3. Agent 13 can certainly be moved to the forefront and it would seem natural.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #80
SharpTeeth
Side-Kick

Additionally, about that 'glorified cameo' comment. I actually follow that gossip blog, and the writer, Sarah, is not a fan of Sharon at all. From LaineyGossip

Quote:
I am not a fan of Cap’s comic book love, Sharon Carter. It’s just so *****ing creepy—he loved her (great)aunt, Peggy, in World War II and then falls for Sharon in the present day? How would any self-respecting woman be okay with that? And Sharon is not very popular with the comic geeks, partly for that reason and partly because she’s just a horribly written character. I will continue to hope for any other love interest for Cap, even if it means tossing Black Widow’s awesome backstory with the Winter Soldier out the window, because Sharon Carter sucks.
So that dislike could be coloring her comment, similar to the way someone who dislikes Black Widow would claim that she was only in the Avengers for T&A. It's pretty obvious that Sharon's role is going to be small. However, hopefully it could still be important.

Last edited by SharpTeeth; 02-06-2014 at 10:33 AM.
SharpTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #81
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
But that's fine, I'm okay with that. We can't assume that Falcon and BW will have the same amount of usefulness in Cap 3. Agent 13 can certainly be moved to the forefront and it would seem natural.
Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't see that happening.

This movie posits that Natasha and Steve have been friends for two years, since the events of the Avengers. Great emphasis has been placed on Steve and Natasha's friendship so far, and they'll continue to foster that in AoU.

Main characters always stay at the forefront, unless the actor leaves or the character is killed. Minor characters might gain a meager increase in screentime, but not by much.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #82
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpTeeth View Post
Additionally, about that 'glorified cameo' comment. I actually follow that gossip blog, and the writer, Sarah, is not a fan of Sharon at all. From LaineyGossip

So that dislike could be coloring her comment, similar to the way someone who dislikes Black Widow would claim that she was only in the Avengers for T&A. It's pretty obvious that Sharon's role is going to be small. However, hopefully it could still be important.
Oh?

Calling it a glorified cameo seems as an odd way to express dislike, especially as she's including Sharon among the three capable women in the movie. Unless there's a fifth female character I'm not aware of.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #83
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
As Cap 3 will have four leads, plus whatever villains, they might just not bother with Sharon much. Have Steve be celibate, or pair him with Natasha.

Admittedly, this is all academic as we haven't seen the movie yet. But the writing's on the wall.
It seems that you're assuming that Cap 3 will return everyone (Cap, BW, Bucky, Falcon) from TWS by that statement. Who's to say that Cap 3 will feature all of them again? It's certainly possible, but there's been no indication that the Cap franchise has to include BW for future installments. And since there will be an Avengers movie in between, that may have ramifications for Cap's supporting cast as well.

I just don't think it's a given to assume that it's going to feature all the same players. And really, that's the beauty of this shared universe... we've already seen BW in Iron Man 2, so there's nothing that explicitly ties her to Cap's franchise.

H.U.S.T.L.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #84
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Oh?

Calling it a glorified cameo seems as an odd way to express dislike, especially as she's including Sharon among the three capable women in the movie. Unless there's a fifth female character I'm not aware of.
Well, we also got a shot of EVC
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
in a SHIELD control room doing official SHIELD business and stuff…
So maybe Lainey's being a little biased/misleading about the glorified cameo part. She did lump Sharon in with "capable women" characters in the movie, though. Which gives me hope I may actually like her in the movie.

I wish Bru had taken cues with Sharon Carter from Waid's books. Waid writes her really well.

Anyways, we don't have a whole lot to go on right now, do we? It's all just really spec and stuff and opinions about the promotion for the movie, but nothing definite that we can see, regarding Sharon. I still say I want to wait and see how it all rolls out.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #85
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't see that happening.

This movie posits that Natasha and Steve have been friends for two years, since the events of the Avengers. Great emphasis has been placed on Steve and Natasha's friendship so far, and they'll continue to foster that in AoU.

Main characters always stay at the forefront, unless the actor leaves or the character is killed. Minor characters might gain a meager increase in screentime, but not by much.
You're still speculating though, and your speccing on CAP 3, which is years away from development.

I don't know. Seems way too early to make any assessments yet about anything.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #86
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Well, we also got a shot of EVC
in a SHIELD control room doing official SHIELD business and stuff…
So maybe Lainey's being a little biased/misleading about the glorified cameo part. She did lump Sharon in with "capable women" characters in the movie, though. Which gives me hope I may actually like her in the movie.
But it's hard to reconcile the blogger being biased with her describing the character as capable.

If I were to reconcile the 'capable women' and 'glorified cameo' portions, I'd say it would hint at the movie presenting Sharon as a capable agent, but not so much or for long enough that she stands out.

And I never doubted Sharon would do something. I wasn't exactly fearing she'd just be standing there, twirling her hair and looking pretty. But all of what we've seen of her-

Seems to be from the same scene, judging by her attire. She's doing some vague semblance of SHIELD 'stuff', but is she interrogating a detainee? Getting in a fire fight? Hanging around with Sam?

Basically, she so far looks like set dressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Anyways, we don't have a whole lot to go on right now, do we? It's all just really spec and stuff and opinions about the promotion for the movie, but nothing definite that we can see, regarding Sharon. I still say I want to wait and see how it all rolls out.
I'd say we have lots to go on, including a report from someone who has seen the movie. We also have lots on other characters, while little on Sharon. Lack of evidence is evidence in itself.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #87
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

SharpTeeth already gave us something from the blogger's own mouth, re. her opinion about Sharon.

This is just going to go back and forth though until the movie comes out, so discussion's kind of getting repetitive LOL! I want to see what the movie gives us regarding Sharon. I'm not making my mind just yet about her.

I do like that she's called "capable". To me that at least implies that she'll do something in the movie rather than merely just be there. I like that there are four capable women, and it's not really a love interest thing…
except for Peggy, which Vartha's indicated is essentially the love interest for Cap, but not really, seeing where they are in this movie.

To me, everything other than interviews and trailers, have been a little vague though. So… whatever. We'll have to agree to disagree for now.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:27 AM   #88
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

I just don't see how someone can hate a character and thus diminish the extent of their involvement, but at the same time like like them enough to call them capable.

I agree that we don't know for sure. But unless she's cast in AoU in a major supporting role, I'd put money on her never becoming one of the top five (or seven) billed characters.

Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 02-07-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:46 AM   #89
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just don't see how someone can hate a character and thus diminish the extent of their involvement, but at the same time like like them enough to call them capable.
I don't get that either. I really have no problem with Sharon Carter in the comics so I don't see why she can't work in the MCU.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:04 AM   #90
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Emily VanCamp all but admitted at Comic-Con that she has a small role in this film. It's probably more than a cameo, but it's still not a big major love interest role.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #91
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Again, we know from folks who saw a prescreening that they are setting up Agent 13 for at least Cap 3, if not AOU as well. I think her role will be like BlackWidow's in IM2, or slightly smaller. But that's just my guess.

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:47 AM   #92
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

There is a prescreening review out there ?

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #93
MysticRain
Side-Kick

^I think someone posted a review in the News thread.

I agree about them setting her up for future appearances. Only potentially, though. Marvel seems to plant the seeds through out their universe so they can revisit and expand on whichever ones they want down the line.

Last edited by MysticRain; 02-07-2014 at 03:31 PM.
MysticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #94
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
It seems that you're assuming that Cap 3 will return everyone (Cap, BW, Bucky, Falcon) from TWS by that statement. Who's to say that Cap 3 will feature all of them again? It's certainly possible, but there's been no indication that the Cap franchise has to include BW for future installments. And since there will be an Avengers movie in between, that may have ramifications for Cap's supporting cast as well.

I just don't think it's a given to assume that it's going to feature all the same players. And really, that's the beauty of this shared universe... we've already seen BW in Iron Man 2, so there's nothing that explicitly ties her to Cap's franchise.
Nothing is a given, but it is likely.

Natasha was in IM2, but she didn't integrate into the franchise much.

From everything we've heard about this movie, Natasha has been Steve's partner for two years, and is now his best friend. Given how they'll continue to work together in AoU, and the potential for a connection to the Winter Soldier, its doubtless she's coming back.

Bucky and Sam are Steve's best friends in comics, and I doubt they'll return one and introduce the other just to kill them off within the next movie.

Really, the only reason any of them won't return is if they get their own spinoff out of the blue. Or if one of the actors is arrested for smuggling seven kilos of heroin.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #95
SharpTeeth
Side-Kick

I wonder why they hired Emily Van Camp for the part. She's the lead on Revenge,which severely limits her ability to appear on Agents of SHIELD. Even if she is the female lead of Cap3, the movie will have to work around her TV shooting schedule. It's not a Chris Pratt/Star-Lord situation, where he was just written out of Parks and Rec for a bit. They can't do that with the main character.

I'm guessing she really knocked her audition out of the park.

SharpTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #96
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Sarah Michelle Gellar filmed Buffy and did Scooby Doo which shot in Australia. This would be a breeze for EVC to film Revenge and Cap.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #97
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

due to the nature of the show Revenge, I think it will be concluded before filming would even start for Cap 3. But we'll see. And they can easily work around their schedules.

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:44 AM   #98
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Emily VanCamp looks fierce in the international trailer!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:52 AM   #99
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I'm loving that in the film she'll be an introduction and then in the future film's the primary love interest

Character bio
Agent 13: Sharon is a young, attractive S.H.I.E.L.D agent with skills in martial arts and weapons whose mission is to guard Steve Rogers — and not let him know it. She is guided by a strong moral compass and is not afraid to speak out when her ethics are challenged.

Cap 3 I want to see the white jumpsuit

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 02-15-2014 at 12:59 AM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #100
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick

Captain America 3 Agent 13 set up for bigger role

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/56531...r-bigger-role/

DarthMuppet is offline   Reply With Quote