The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 02-05-2014, 06:08 AM   #126
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer's X-men 3 Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hmmm I think he should have stayed through til X3. I get that executives can be bossy and demanding, but thats just how it works in business. Some directors give up so easily when they don't get all they want. Bryan Singer should come just have compromised with Fox. After all, he did pretty well with X1/X2 despite with all the limitations that those films had. And how much budget was he asking for X3?
Remember that with all the success Singer had brought to the franchise, Fox were still stalling with X3. It didn't get moving until Singer jumped ship and it seems that was just to spite him.

Can't blame him for making the choices he did. Superman was a passion project for Singer, and Warner were far more accommodating.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #127
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #128
Manic X
Side-Kick

Bryan Singer`s such a diva.

Manic X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #129
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hmmm I think he should have stayed through til X3. I get that executives can be bossy and demanding, but thats just how it works in business. Some directors give up so easily when they don't get all they want. Bryan Singer should come just have compromised with Fox. After all, he did pretty well with X1/X2 despite with all the limitations that those films had. And how much budget was he asking for X3?
He was probably just tired of waiting all the time to get his vision done, it also seemed way too awesome for Rothman to agree, since Singer wanted x-3 and 4 shot back-to-back, the 3rd film being the X-Men, Magneto's Brotherhood and the final battle probably being left for the 4th film.

I don't hold up hopes that we'll still see this happen, with all the things put in Days of Future Past i'm not even sure if that one will be good, but i'll still hold hopes that DoFP and Apocalypse will be good and a rebirth of the franchise into the box-office. Hopefully we'll eventually see Singer take on this storyline, even if it's in an entirelly different way.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #130
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Remember that with all the success Singer had brought to the franchise, Fox were still stalling with X3. It didn't get moving until Singer jumped ship and it seems that was just to spite him.

Can't blame him for making the choices he did. Superman was a passion project for Singer, and Warner were far more accommodating.
And look what happened to that Superman project. Its been rebooted and Bryan Singer came back to the X-Men family. He should have stayed through at least until X3.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:22 AM   #131
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

If Singer stayed on board, overall things would have been tighter with less contradictions with the other movies. I also wish he at least oversaw X-MO:W. I really think he could have made a difference.

Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:55 AM   #132
Lord
All Mighty

He followed what he wished to do the most, yes, Superman Returns failed, but he still did what he wanted the most and we shouldn't really criticise him for that, only the film that followed that action. We also don't know how it was like to be working for Fox at the time, it must have been really frustrating for Bryan Singer.

It's also kind of a shame that the 3rd film ended up having to conclude everything in some 100 minutes (even if the filmmakers left 2 major "to be continued" bits), while Bryan Singer seemed to be planning 2 more films, each one probably having around 2 hours.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 02-09-2014, 07:44 AM   #133
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

edit

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-09-2014 at 07:57 AM.
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #134
Lord
All Mighty

Huh? Why did you bump?