The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 02-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #551
Suzanne78
The Winter Smolder

Default Re: The Falcon

OOOOH!! Is that an official Falcon poster finally???

That is really cool!

For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."

--Chewy
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #552
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
OOOOH!! Is that an official Falcon poster finally???

That is really cool!
no it's a fan art.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #553
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I coulda sworn there was a Falcon poster with Sam in a Shield uniform.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #554
mightiest_mortal
Much Mightier than thou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
no it's a fan art.
Are you sure? I've seen it in other languages with the other posters. It's pretty jokes if the fanart one is looking better than the others so far.

EDIT :

oh wait.. its actually a completely different poster but with the same Falcon image used. Its been pulled from jposters.com.ar at MArvel request so I guess that means something.

Last edited by mightiest_mortal; 02-12-2014 at 05:16 PM.
mightiest_mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #555
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Fake or not fake, he looks great

Old 02-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #556
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I wanna see him in AOU!!!

Old 02-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #557
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I'm actually surprised Marvel hasn't released a poster for Falcon, considering he's supposed to be one of CA's sidekicks in the movie and is featured fairly prominently in the trailers thus far. Wonder what the idea is to withhold a poster for him.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #558
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I'm sure they'll release one for him soon enough. He deserves one! Goddammit there's things I wanna say about him but can't.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:07 PM   #559
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I'm sure they'll release one for him soon enough. He deserves one! Goddammit there's things I wanna say about him but can't.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #560
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Quote:
soooo...he's really M.O.D.O.K in disguise?

Ant-manic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #561
metaphysician
Side-Kick

The reason they aren't giving him bird telepathy? Well, a couple come to mind, but the number one is that its kludge-y. So, you've got a character who randomly has the ability to talk to birds. . . and also has a flying harness? The two are completely unrelated abilities, and would come off as an arbitrary theme rather than a coherent character concept. Doubly so when you presumably are adding "high end skill set" on top of that.

Combine that with how "avian telepathy" would be very easy to mock ( well, unless you use it in ways that are both alien to Falcon as he's usually portrayed, and would clash with the style of the movie ), and you have a problem.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #562
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Quote:
He's the first one to die isn't he?

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #563
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
The reason they aren't giving him bird telepathy? Well, a couple come to mind, but the number one is that its kludge-y. So, you've got a character who randomly has the ability to talk to birds. . . and also has a flying harness? The two are completely unrelated abilities, and would come off as an arbitrary theme rather than a coherent character concept. Doubly so when you presumably are adding "high end skill set" on top of that.

Combine that with how "avian telepathy" would be very easy to mock ( well, unless you use it in ways that are both alien to Falcon as he's usually portrayed, and would clash with the style of the movie ), and you have a problem.

How is that any different from Spider-man having a built in biological reactive spider sense, building a mechanical web shooter, and wearing a costume that has a giant webdesign on it. It's just people like you over thinking the absurdity of one character when its all absurd. It about exposing people to new character concepts and powers.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 02-12-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:00 PM   #564
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

this looks amazing!

Is this official?

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #565
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

this looks amazing!

Is this official?
Don't think it is. Thought it was confirmed to be a fanart creation.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:29 AM   #566
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

I think Redwing would be pushing it.

A telepathic connection with birds doesn't fit with any other concepts present in this movie or past ones.

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:17 AM   #567
mightiest_mortal
Much Mightier than thou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Don't think it is. Thought it was confirmed to be a fanart creation.
Seems to be fanart but based on Marvels official art assets (they actually send them all out to pretty much everyone doing their merchandise/media).

The Red/Spanish version at the top of this page seems to be the official thing from what I can gather.

RE: REDWING. I'd imagine he's going to make an appearance.. even if it's just a flying drone that Falcon has that's called redwing.

mightiest_mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #568
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I think Redwing would be pushing it.

A telepathic connection with birds doesn't fit with any other concepts present in this movie or past ones.
Drones!

Old 02-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #569
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightiest_mortal View Post
Seems to be fanart but based on Marvels official art assets (they actually send them all out to pretty much everyone doing their merchandise/media).

The Red/Spanish version at the top of this page seems to be the official thing from what I can gather.

RE: REDWING. I'd imagine he's going to make an appearance.. even if it's just a flying drone that Falcon has that's called redwing.
That, I could see.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #570
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post

How is that any different from Spider-man having a built in biological reactive spider sense, building a mechanical web shooter, and wearing a costume that has a giant webdesign on it. It's just people like you over thinking the absurdity of one character when its all absurd. It about exposing people to new character concepts and powers.
For one thing, what Sony does with Spider-man is not under Marvel Studios' control, and so has nothing to do with this issue.

For another, actually, yes, that *is* a big potential problem with selling Spider-man. There are three ways it is handled, to varying extents, when it comes to selling it to the audience:

1. Tie it together with Science! In the Raimi version, the webshooting is just another part of his powerset, so its only one extraordinary thing to sell. In the reboot, they specifically give Parker a weird science plotline, with him being a bit of a genius and interacting with said weird science in various ways. Either way, there is arguably a single source, not two totally unrelated powers.

2. Spider-man is iconic, second only to Superman and Batman. The general audience doesn't need as much selling, because they already know the concept.

3. Distraction. If people don't ask themselves these questions until after the movie, because they are focusing on the acting and drama and such? Its less of an issue.

This isn't really a usable model for Falcon. He's not iconic, he's not the focus of the movie so you can only distract from fridge issues insofar as you distract from him period, and even if you wanted to tie all his powers together with a common super science origin, you'd have a hell of a time doing it. Note that the version of Falcon who actually is a scientist is the version who also doesn't have bird telepathy; combining the two would require either answering the question "Why did the scientist give himself bird telepathy as a power?" or "What kind of science accident would let one talk to birds?"

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #571
TeeKay
Side-Kick

edit

Last edited by TeeKay; 02-13-2014 at 01:43 PM.
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:17 AM   #572
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
For one thing, what Sony does with Spider-man is not under Marvel Studios' control, and so has nothing to do with this issue.

For another, actually, yes, that *is* a big potential problem with selling Spider-man. There are three ways it is handled, to varying extents, when it comes to selling it to the audience:

Quote:
See responds 1
1. Tie it together with Science! In the Raimi version, the webshooting is just another part of his powerset, so its only one extraordinary thing to sell. In the reboot, they specifically give Parker a weird science plotline, with him being a bit of a genius and interacting with said weird science in various ways. Either way, there is arguably a single source, not two totally unrelated powers.

2. Spider-man is iconic, second only to Superman and Batman. The general audience doesn't need as much selling, because they already know the concept.

3. Distraction. If people don't ask themselves these questions until after the movie, because they are focusing on the acting and drama and such? Its less of an issue.

Quote:
response 2
This isn't really a usable model for Falcon. He's not iconic, he's not the focus of the movie so you can only distract from fridge issues insofar as you distract from him period, and even if you wanted to tie all his powers together with a common super science origin, you'd have a hell of a time doing it. Note that the version of Falcon who actually is a scientist is the version who also doesn't have bird telepathy; combining the two would require either answering the question "Why did the scientist give himself bird telepathy as a power?" or "What kind of science accident would let one talk to birds?"
response 1

Using that logic Captain America shouldn't have been given his Shield in Captain America: The First Avengers because it was made out of an alien metal that was imported from African and it doesn't fit with the German Scientist developed Super Steroid Serum origin of his enhanced abilities.

response 2

Dude do you even know the things that Scientist with Government/Military contracts have been up to.

Brain control Rat
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Mind Control Machine: Human wags rat's tail using mind control interface
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

As far as the Falcon explain the power is simple. You either make him a meta human aka (mutant) that was born with those powers from the get go or you make him the voluntary subject of a government experiment "similar to Steve situation" where they gave him those abilities. Like I said before the ability to use animals as biological surveillance drones would be a very valuable ability from he military's stand point.

As for a the Bird wing Designed Jetpack wingsuit goes its just run of the mill special forces stuff. Right now Special forces are using wings suits to get even deep into hostile territory. On top of that Special forces are currently Developing Jetpack wings based off of Yves Rossy's designs to allow special forces to get even deeper into hostile territory.

Jetman Yves Rossy flies with the Breitling Jet Team over the Grand Canyon
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Wingsuit jump with Army Special Ops Black Daggers
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So the basic story would be that Falcon is a Meta human that joined the military or a Normal Human that was given and worked his way up into special forces and his Jetpack wingsuit design is the latest tech.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 02-18-2014 at 02:24 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:40 AM   #573
fixxxer
Side-Kick

While I don't think it will happen in CA:TWS, for future Falcon appearances, they should give him a drone (something like the one pictured below), call it Redwing, and have Falcon control it either through a JARVIS-like AI or via a wristband controller of some sort. Would look cool as hell.

Last edited by fixxxer; 02-18-2014 at 06:25 AM. Reason: image link fixed
fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #574
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Official poster

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 02-25-2014 at 04:31 PM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #575
LEOZZTT
Side-Kick

Not as epic as the fanart, but still very cool.

LEOZZTT is offline   Reply With Quote