The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 PM   #976
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - Part 13

Um…. so has anyone spotted the TV Spot from the Olympics. It shows Redford's character actually saying "We need you to do it one more time…" but
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the room he's saying it in resembles the room Winter Soldier is being programmed in in the beginning of the second trailer.

I saw a bootlegged copy online on a Russian site, so I don't know if I can link to it here, but… OMG!

Old 02-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #977
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Cleveland is getting a premiere of TWS along with LA, London, Paris, and Beijing. Nice shout out to the Russo Bros. hometown for letting them film there.

http://www.cleveland.com/moviebuff/i...l#incart_river

Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #978
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

The reason why I brought up the Black Panther thing is because of this: http://schmoesknow.com/marvels-phase...led-exclusive/
For now, grain of salt.

As for a minority led superhero film, just make Dr. Strange a Latino.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 02-13-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #979
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Oh man, I'd love to go to that Clevelad premier, but I'm assuming it will be pricey or impossible to get a ticket haha. I'll wait the 3 more days for the theater opening.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 02-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #980
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Um…. so has anyone spotted the TV Spot from the Olympics. It shows Redford's character actually saying "We need you to do it one more time…" but
the room he's saying it in resembles the room Winter Soldier is being programmed in in the beginning of the second trailer.

I saw a bootlegged copy online on a Russian site, so I don't know if I can link to it here, but… OMG!
I remember seeing the spot, but I didn't notice that's where Redford's character was when he said that line.

Interesting

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 02-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #981
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I remember seeing the spot, but I didn't notice that's where Redford's character was when he said that line.

Interesting
Isn't it?

Add another notch to the
Pierce is evil
column! I am so here for RR playing some
uber-creepy father figure/torture villain pulling Winter Soldier's strings. Either Lukin or a ressurected Red Skull would be great for this.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #982
SharpTeeth
Side-Kick

Quote:

Yeah, I found a bootlegged copy online. Redford was definitely in the Winter Soldier programming room shown in the trailer. He's also kneeling, suggesting that he is talking to the WS seated in his programming chair. I really like how how creepy and paternalistic the interaction seems to be. It doesn't seem like he is simply pointing a weapon towards a target

Old 02-13-2014, 11:15 PM   #983
Iron Stark
Banned User

Just saw a rough cut of the movie

1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. Cap 2
4. Iron Man 3
5. Thor
6. Cap 1
7. Thor 2
8. IH
9. Iron Man 2

Last edited by Iron Stark; 02-13-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 PM   #984
Iron Stark
Banned User

I think that is all i can say?

Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 PM   #985
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Stark View Post

1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. Cap 2
4. Iron Man 3
5. Thor
6. Cap 1
7. Thor 2
8. IH
So, you liked?

Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #986
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

So I'm realizing that the same thing is happening with TWS that I had happening with Avengers in the sense of the 'villain'. First Thor movie, I didn't pay much attention to Loki - I was a little more focused on Thor, it was when set photos from Avengers started popping up with Loki in his more 'grungy' look (longer hair, armor not as shiny) that I sat up and took notice of him.

Likewise here. TFA - yeah, I liked Bucky, but I was more focused on Cap in that one... now, with Bucky's look as Winter Soldier (the hair, the build, the general badassness etc..) and everything, for me it's becoming more about him/he's what I'm looking forward to most.

Why do I always fall for the bad boys in comic book movies?? *sigh*

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #987
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
I think that is all i can say?
Can you give a very non-detailed, very generalized statement regarding whether you thought the tone of the trailers matched the tone of the movie?

Old 02-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #988
Iron Stark
Banned User

Quote:
Can you give a very non-detailed, very generalized statement regarding whether you thought the tone of the trailers matched the tone of the movie?
oh yeah that serious political thriller thing at that trailer is definitely the vibe of the whole movie and of course the humor is there, MCU, duh?

Old 02-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #989
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpTeeth View Post
Yeah, I found a bootlegged copy online. Redford was definitely in the Winter Soldier programming room shown in the trailer. He's also kneeling, suggesting that he is talking to the WS seated in his programming chair. I really like how how creepy and paternalistic the interaction seems to be. It doesn't seem like he is simply pointing a weapon towards a target
OMG YESSSSSSS TO ALL OF THIS!! It's one of the reasons I'm so INTO Redford's role in the movie! It looks like one of my favorite tropes might be incorporated into this movie! Yee haw!!

Quote:
Likewise here. TFA - yeah, I liked Bucky, but I was more focused on Cap in that one... now, with Bucky's look as Winter Soldier (the hair, the build, the general badassness etc..) and everything, for me it's becoming more about him/he's what I'm looking forward to most.
Join the club. My Marvel BFF and I are diehard Sebastian Stan fans the way some are Tom Hiddleston fans. And while I've loved Stan in pretty much everything, there is something about Winter Soldier (the hair, the clothing, the knife skills, the metal arm?!?!) that's working the bad boy mojo something fierce for us.

Sweatin' WS big time yo!

/badboyobjectification

Old 02-13-2014, 11:23 PM   #990
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
oh yeah that serious political thriller thing at that trailer is definitely the vibe of the whole movie and of course the humor is there, MCU, duh?
Perfect! I have a feeling if people are worried about whether the trailers are "misleading" for this movie (as that's a common complaint I've heard about IM3, and that's fair even though I adored IM3,) their apprehension about CA:TWS will be allayed.

I have zero probs with humor. I do want the more emotional stuff in this movie to play out nicely, but I expect to laugh as well.

It seems that everything the Russos and Evans and Feige and ScarJo have been saying about this movie does line up with what we're seeing from the clips and trailers - a political thriller with superheroes.

YAY!!

Old 02-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #991
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Settle down ladies, don't want to hurt yourselves

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 02-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #992
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

Interesting
I didn't realize people hadn't caught this yet

That chair Winter Soldier is sitting in is the same one that some guy snapped pictures of and thought it was a torture chair a couple months back. The guy said the scene involved Pierce and Crossbones.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:43 AM   #993
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:

1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. Cap 2
4. Iron Man 3
5. Thor
6. Cap 1
7. Thor 2
8. IH
9. Iron Man 2
MMmmmm for me it's

1) Cap 2
2)Iron Man 3
3) The Avengers
4) Iron Man
5) Thor 2
6) Cap: TFA
7)Thor
8)TIH
9)IM2

Did you not sign an NDA?

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 02-14-2014, 06:21 AM   #994
TheSpectacular
Geronimo

Quote:

1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. Cap 2
4. Iron Man 3
5. Thor
6. Cap 1
7. Thor 2
8. IH
9. Iron Man 2

Out of 10?

Guardians of the Galaxy- ?/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
No strings on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
There's no easy way to say this......I'm pregnant Trevor
Old 02-14-2014, 06:27 AM   #995
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

This and another supposed spoiler supports what I've said all along about Pierce.

According to the scoop from Unleash the Fanboy, Pierce is actually Aleksander Lukin, possessed by the Red Skull. I called this months ago. Lukin was a major player in the Winter Soldier story, as Bucky's master, so to speak. The Red Skull used the Cosmic Cube to invade Lukin's mind after WS assassinated him, though he disappeared into the cosmos in the MCU. It made sense to me that Pierce would be Lukin's alias, and that he had infiltrated SHIELD decades ago. Or it could be that Schmidt took over Pierce's mind, without the Lukin connection, and Pierce/HYDRA indoctrinated Bucky. However it happened, I am betting that it turns out to be true.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:29 AM   #996
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
This and another supposed spoiler supports what I've said all along about Pierce.

According to the scoop from Unleash the Fanboy, Pierce is actually Aleksander Lukin, possessed by the Red Skull. I called this months ago. Lukin was a major player in the Winter Soldier story, as Bucky's master, so to speak. The Red Skull used the Cosmic Cube to invade Lukin's mind after WS assassinated him, though he disappeared into the cosmos in the MCU. It made sense to me that Pierce would be Lukin's alias, and that he had infiltrated SHIELD decades ago. Or it could be that Schmidt took over Pierce's mind, without the Lukin connection, and Pierce/HYDRA indoctrinated Bucky. However it happened, I am betting that it turns out to be true.
You might be onto something here.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 02-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #997
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I am interested about this bootlegged Russian trailer.

Please show me?

Old 02-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #998
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm really hoping that's the case. When I first heard that line in the trailer that was my first thought. That would really shape up the espionage feel to it.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #999
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
So I'm realizing that the same thing is happening with TWS that I had happening with Avengers in the sense of the 'villain'. First Thor movie, I didn't pay much attention to Loki - I was a little more focused on Thor, it was when set photos from Avengers started popping up with Loki in his more 'grungy' look (longer hair, armor not as shiny) that I sat up and took notice of him.

Why do I always fall for the bad boys in comic book movies?? *sigh*
That photo there epitomizes why I'm excited about the movie. That action and the attention to detail with the sparks flying... The Russos look to have nailed it.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #1000
TheSpectacular
Geronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
You might be onto something here.

Also, what would you rate the film out of 10?

Guardians of the Galaxy- ?/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
No strings on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
There's no easy way to say this......I'm pregnant Trevor
Closed Thread