The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 12

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
This and another supposed spoiler supports what I've said all along about Pierce.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
According to the scoop from Unleash the Fanboy, Pierce is actually Aleksander Lukin, possessed by the Red Skull. I called this months ago. Lukin was a major player in the Winter Soldier story, as Bucky's master, so to speak. The Red Skull used the Cosmic Cube to invade Lukin's mind after WS assassinated him, though he disappeared into the cosmos in the MCU. It made sense to me that Pierce would be Lukin's alias, and that he had infiltrated SHIELD decades ago. Or it could be that Schmidt took over Pierce's mind, without the Lukin connection, and Pierce/HYDRA indoctrinated Bucky. However it happened, I am betting that it turns out to be true.
Yeah, I figured something like what you say could definitely be the case re. Pierce. I'd actually be totally okay
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
if they bring back the Red Skull this way by having him possess Pierce who is really Lukin. It's canonical, after all. I do hope that they have Pierce retain this really creepy paternalistic vibe with WS that we saw hints of in this latest spot, while he also threatens to have people tortured, maimed and killed. They might give us a multidimensional Red Skull after all!

Last edited by Suzanne78; 02-14-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 14

Wow Teekay nice to see someone else who holds IM3 to such high regard Though for me Avengers still #1(Until I see Cap 2 at least maybe that could change)

Old 02-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #5
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

For me, the order of Marvel movies go:

The Avengers
Captain America: TFA
IM3
IM1
Thor: The Dark World
Thor
IM2
Hulk <-- I still like these movies enough to watch them once a year, dodgy VFX and all.

For overall superhero movies:

The Avengers
CA:TFA
The Dark Knight
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 1
Spider-Man

I hoping that both CA:TWS and GOTG crack my top 5!

I'm sure some will rag on me for putting CA:TFA so high, but it's seriously my favorite solo Avenger movie. Much Evans. So patriot. Much charm. Also… PEGGY CARTER!!

Last edited by Suzanne78; 02-14-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #6
EZIO619
Side-Kick

Man i cant wait to see Cap any longer, the wait is excruciating !!, well atleast the Guardians Trailer on Tuesday should hold me over!!

First Film of 2014:The Lego Movie(hilarious, likable characters, creative and imaginative story, great message). Next Film: Robocop

Old 02-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #7
Huddsy
Side-Kick

TFA is my favorite of the solo flicks too, Suzanne78.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #8
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddsy View Post
TFA is my favorite of the solo flicks too, Suzanne78.

It's as underrated as Skinny Steve Rogers himself! That's why I love it so much!

Old 02-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #9
Ultron-5
The One.

TFA is what got me into superhero movies in the first place and it is my favorite film in the MCU.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #10
speno94
Side-Kick

Obviously I can't guarantee anything, but I think Cap 2 will definitely be in the top 3 out of the MCU films. I can see it being Avengers > Iron Man > Cap 2 or Avengers > Cap 2 > Iron Man.

Everything with the production of this film just fit and they even want the Russo Brothers back for Cap 3 showing they have A LOT of faith in the film.

I do like Thor 2, but to be honest the more I watch it, it is one of the weaker ones like The Incredible Hulk or Iron Man 2 with the production problems that those films and Thor 2 had with the apparent arguments with Alan Taylor, director changes, composer changes, Edward Norton problems and the fact that Jon Favreau said that Marvel really directed Iron Man 2 instead of him and started throwing stuff in he really didn't want to use etc.

Like most people, i've been following Cap 2 for a while and everything with the production just seems to have gone smooth and no behinds the scenes drama and pretty much EVERYTHING I have seen from the film I have loved which is rare as with some films there are usually things I spot that could be problems, but not with Cap.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #11
EZIO619
Side-Kick

besides the story and themes in the film,on a pure fan level,i want to see the action scenes cause people have focused on them so much,i want to see Cap and Winter Soldier kick ass!!

Old 02-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #12
Bearcules
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post

The Avengers
IM3
IM1
Thor
IM2
Hulk <-- I still like these movies enough to watch them once a year, dodgy VFX and all.
Flip IM3 and IM1 and this is my

Old 02-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #13
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcules View Post
Flip IM3 and IM1 and this is my
Same here and I hope the TWS becomes my new #1. Good taste Suzanne.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #14
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by speno94 View Post
Obviously I can't guarantee anything, but I think Cap 2 will definitely be in the top 3 out of the MCU films. I can see it being Avengers > Iron Man > Cap 2 or Avengers > Cap 2 > Iron Man.

Everything with the production of this film just fit and they even want the Russo Brothers back for Cap 3 showing they have A LOT of faith in the film.

I do like Thor 2, but to be honest the more I watch it, it is one of the weaker ones like The Incredible Hulk or Iron Man 2 with the production problems that those films and Thor 2 had with the apparent arguments with Alan Taylor, director changes, composer changes, Edward Norton problems and the fact that Jon Favreau said that Marvel really directed Iron Man 2 instead of him and started throwing stuff in he really didn't want to use etc.

Like most people, i've been following Cap 2 for a while and everything with the production just seems to have gone smooth and no behinds the scenes drama and pretty much EVERYTHING I have seen from the film I have loved which is rare as with some films there are usually things I spot that could be problems, but not with Cap.
He said that? I'm surprised he's still around and not dead in some ditch somewhere.....

Old 02-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #15
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Wow Teekay nice to see someone else who holds IM3 to such high regard Though for me Avengers still #1(Until I see Cap 2 at least maybe that could change)
It was a great movie imo. This, is even better.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 02-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #16
speno94
Side-Kick

Quote:
He said that? I'm surprised he's still around and not dead in some ditch somewhere.....
Directors and actors can speak there minds on what they thought about a production after the film has come out. Look at Sam Raimi with Spider-Man 3, he said that the studio wanted to throw Venom in when he didn't want to and look how that film came out.

Even Shia Labeouf pretty much destroys and pans every film he's made a couple of months after it comes out, but promotes and praises the hell out of it when it is about to come out, but that is an actor's job to sell the film. But to be honest most actors do retell bad experiences with directors or productions a couple of months after a film comes out.

But back to Iron Man 2, there where other problems as well with Mickey Rourke saying he had a bad experience and they cut half of his scenes out.

Also the script was also rushed because IM2 wasn't really on Marvel's plan, it was meant to be IM1, TIH, Thor, Cap, Avengers. But because Iron Man 1 did SO well and they had a gap, they quickly wanted to get a sequel out before Thor.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #17
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Directors and actors can speak there minds on what they thought about a production after the film has come out. Look at Sam Raimi with Spider-Man 3, he said that the studio wanted to throw Venom in when he didn't want to and look how that film came out.

Even Shia Labeouf pretty much destroys and pans every film he's made a couple of months after it comes out, but promotes and praises the hell out of it when it is about to come out, but that is an actor's job to sell the film. But to be honest most actors do retell bad experiences with directors or productions a couple of months after a film comes out.

But back to Iron Man 2, there where other problems as well with Mickey Rourke saying he had a bad experience and they cut half of his scenes out.

Also the script was also rushed because IM2 wasn't really on Marvel's plan, it was meant to be IM1, TIH, Thor, Cap, Avengers. But because Iron Man 1 did SO well and they had a gap, they quickly wanted to get a sequel out before Thor.
Marvel has generally not been fond of any bad-talking about their films, and if it has been done, they almost never are brought back, yet Favreau has kept his ties as much as helping to produce The Avengers.

Just seems different.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #18
speno94
Side-Kick

Quote:
Marvel has generally not been fond of any bad-talking about their films, and if it has been done, they almost never are brought back, yet Favreau has kept his ties as much as helping to produce The Avengers.

Just seems different.
Sorry, my mistake.... it was the screenwriter for IM2 Justin Theroux who said that about Marvel wanting to add stuff in that he struggled to write and fit like all the SHIELD stuff etc and he didn't end up coming back at Marvel.

I think at the time, Robert Downey Jr. recommended him because he wrote Tropic Thunder.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #19
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sorry, my mistake.... it was the screenwriter for IM2 Justin Theroux who said that about Marvel wanting to add stuff in that he struggled to write and fit like all the SHIELD stuff etc and he didn't end up coming back at Marvel.

I think at the time, Robert Downey Jr. recommended him because he wrote Tropic Thunder.
Ahhhhh ok. Thanks for clarifying.

And it makes perfect sense. I don't hate IM2, I enjoy it as a MCU film, but it's obviously got warts. I really hope that Marvel learned their lessons with TIH and IM2.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #20
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Yes! I love all this TFA love coming out of the woodwork! Such an underrated gem of an origin movie!

I like all the Marvel movies, but I feel deep unabiding love for the first four on my list. Here's hoping to make it five.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #21
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:

I was wondering what you were talking about. I would've remembered Favreau saying those things.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #22
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Joe Russo about Sharon Carter:

Quote:
“We introduce her as a character in this movie, but it’s sort of a soft introduction. There’s definitely the budding of [a romance], but it’s something that’s more left to future storytellers.”
So it looks as if Sharon will be a part of Marvel movie plans for a while.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #23
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post

Good, good.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #24
speno94
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post

I'm actually glad it will be just a 'soft introduction' because it will concentrate on bringing proper closure to the Peggy Carter relationship and Sharon won't be interfering to much in that storyline, but leaves room for sequels for a proper modern day team up with Falcon and Sharon Carter like in the comics.

It's like the same reason why they decided to cut out Mary Jane from TASM2 because she interfered to much with the Peter and Gwen romance, so they left her for the third one and it looks like they are doing the same with Sharon Carter.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #25
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post

The Avengers
IM3
IM1
Thor
IM2

For overall superhero movies:

The Avengers
CA:TFA
The Dark Knight
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 1
Spider-Man

I hoping that both CA:TWS and GOTG crack my top 5!

I'm sure some will rag on me for putting CA:TFA so high, but it's seriously my favorite solo Avenger movie. Much Evans. So patriot. Much charm. Also… PEGGY CARTER!!
We think alike. I´d swap TDK with TFA tho

Closed Thread