The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #26
BerkleeBear314
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
For me, the order of Marvel movies go:

The Avengers
Captain America: TFA
IM3
IM1
Thor: The Dark World
Thor
IM2
Hulk <-- I still like these movies enough to watch them once a year, dodgy VFX and all.

For overall superhero movies:

The Avengers
CA:TFA
The Dark Knight
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 1
Spider-Man

I hoping that both CA:TWS and GOTG crack my top 5!

I'm sure some will rag on me for putting CA:TFA so high, but it's seriously my favorite solo Avenger movie. Much Evans. So patriot. Much charm. Also… PEGGY CARTER!!
That is the exact order in which I would rank both the Marvel movies, and the superhero movies in general. Great minds I guess!

Old 02-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #27
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

I think TWS will be up there with Marvel´s The Avengers The Dark knight and I also think Age of Ultron will be the definite number one, with maybe the exception of TA 3 that will feature Thanos, probably my fav charachter of all time (except for Spidey).

Old 02-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #28
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
I think TWS will be up there with Marvel´s The Avengers The Dark knight and I also think Age of Ultron will be the definite number one, with maybe the exception of TA 3 that will feature Thanos, probably my fav charachter of all time (except for Spidey).
Man the hype and ferver leading up to the release of A:AOU is going to be insane.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #29
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Love the Im3 love , I also prefer Im3 to 1 as well my list goes.

Avengers
Im3
Cap:tfa
Im1
Thor:tdw
Thor
Tih
Im2

Old 02-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #30
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Man the hype and ferver leading up to the release of A:AOU is going to be insane.
Hear hear. They´ve already been teasing us with the fact that the world will look a lot different than it does before TWS, most ppl seeing the movie will probably be surprised about this and unprepared for the bodacious ending of TWS, thus increasing the hype among even the lesser fans.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #31
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
For me, the order of Marvel movies go:

The Avengers
Captain America: TFA
IM3
IM1
Thor: The Dark World
Thor
IM2
Hulk <-- I still like these movies enough to watch them once a year, dodgy VFX and all.

For overall superhero movies:

The Avengers
CA:TFA
The Dark Knight
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 1
Spider-Man

I hoping that both CA:TWS and GOTG crack my top 5!

I'm sure some will rag on me for putting CA:TFA so high, but it's seriously my favorite solo Avenger movie. Much Evans. So patriot. Much charm. Also… PEGGY CARTER!!
Hmmmm.... if I were to rank the Marvel Studios movies, I'd probably go:

1. The Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. Thor: The Dark World
4. Iron Man 3
5. Captain America: The First Avenger
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Thor
8. Iron Man 2

As for overall superhero movies....

1. The Dark Knight
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. Batman Begins
4. The Avengers
5. Superman: The Movie
6. X2
7. Batman
8. Spider-Man
9. Iron Man
10. X-Men

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #32
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

NBC had some promo's during the olympic coverage last night featuring some new footage. Is it online yet?

Old 02-14-2014, 01:46 PM   #33
marcvader
Lurker #1

It's on other sites in poor quality.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #34
Ultron-5
The One.

If cap 3 had an infinity stone which one do you guys think it would be?
Tesseract- Space
Aether- Power
Loki spear gem- Mind
GOTG orb- Time?
That leaves 2 more left- reality and soul. Doctor Strange could have one and cap 3 can too, i think soul for Doctor Strange and reality for cap 3. what do you guys think?

Old 02-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #35
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Loki's spear's gem has not been confirmed to be one of the infinity stones.
The only 2 that are known of so far are the Tesseract and the Aether.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #36
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Wow, interesting question mr Ultron-5.

Definitely the timegem in Cap: TWS as hinted by the name of TA 2, Age of Ultron. I´d guess the reason for why Hank Pym is in the mix with his own movie, and not the creator of Ultron, his "greatest" assosciation, has to do something with the fact that Ultron manipulates time to change the course of the timeline hence making it his age. That´s all lightyears times infinity away from facts but you asked

Guardians of Galaxy is easier, Adam Warlock is basically the rightful owner of the soulgem. At least in the old comics I´ve read. An example of that is given in The Infinity Gauntlet where Adam can sense Thanos as he has the gauntlet on him.

Reality is probably in the hands of someone connected to all of this, that´s Thanos or The collector. What did The Collector say in the end of Thor? One might consider Strange for a potential holder of either Soul or reality depending on how they´ll swing his introduction.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #37
Ultron-5
The One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Wow, interesting question mr Ultron-5.

Definitely the timegem in Cap: TWS as hinted by the name of TA 2, Age of Ultron. I´d guess the reason for why Hank Pym is in the mix with his own movie, and not the creator of Ultron, his "greatest" assosciation, has to do something with the fact that Ultron manipulates time to change the course of the timeline hence making it his age. That´s all lightyears times infinity away from facts but you asked

Guardians of Galaxy is easier, Adam Warlock is basically the rightful owner of the soulgem. At least in the old comics I´ve read. An example of that is given in The Infinity Gauntlet where Adam can sense Thanos as he has the gauntlet on him.

Reality is probably in the hands of someone connected to all of this, that´s Thanos or The collector. What did The Collector say in the end of Thor? One might consider Strange for a potential holder of either Soul or reality depending on how they´ll swing his introduction.
Interesting... I saw earlier today a picture of a GOTG lego set and it has has that orb which must be important and with thanos in the movie it must be an infinity stone. Surely these stones cannot fit in the gauntlet... that makes me wonder how it will work

Old 02-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #38
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Well the Aether was shown to change shapes. Maybe the other stones can do that too.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #39
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
It's on other sites in poor quality.
Ok I see it now. Hopefully Marvel will release them as HQ tv spots soon.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #40
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I´ve no idea how they´ll make the stones fit in the gauntlet. The gauntlet was shown in Thor 1, albeit it might not be more than an easteregg. Personally I think the stones will be or add up to an infinty gauntlet ultimately.
They do seem to have been crafted/manipulated for certain goals, hence having changed appearence accordingly to the artifact it´s involved with.

The spacegem might be just a gem if it´s not used or active, but in order to harness it´s powers one must accurately apply technology/an artifact capable of utilizing the force in a desired -> contolled way.
This technology application might make it appear differently since the gem is actually active as potentially seen in the scepter.

As for the orb, it could be the soulgem or the reality one. I´m not sure. If anyone has a picture of this lego set or anything else offical related to the orb, it would be cool if he or she posted it here.

As for Thanos presence, I´m not sure tbh. Not to throw poop on your theories or anything but Gamora and especially Drax has history with Thanos. He is also not going to be the main antagonist in the movie (which I´m sure you already are aware of). He´s still going to be a string-puller lurking in the background ever so secretly. In an interview with Feige he told us Thanos is the end game and will therefore not be a main charachter until phase 3, even if we´ll definitely see him in GotG as a charachter, talkin and all lol.

So in other words, just because he´s there, it doesn´t mean he is involved in an infinity gauntlet hunt. He could just be a part of Gamora´s or Drax´s past. It does however stand to reason that a gem is introduced in the movie somehow, but I´d say it´s cause of Adam Warlock or the Collector but it´s still possible there is one more at play, maybe Thanos is in the movies present day (lurking ofc) and already has the reality one?

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-14-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #41
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Character Descriptions and Fun Facts

Quote:
Steve Rogers aka Captain America
After a top secret Super-Soldier program transformed Steve Rogers into the powerful and heroic Captain America, his amazing WWII exploits made him a living legend, but after awakening in present day following being frozen in ice for decades, Steve found himself alone in a modern world that he hardly recognized. Nevertheless, he quickly suited up as Captain America to help The Avengers defend Earth against Loki’s treachery. After the cataclysmic events in New York with The Avengers team, Steve is living a quiet life in Washington, D.C., struggling to adjust to his new life, when he is drawn into a web of intrigue and danger to unmask a powerful but shadowy enemy that threatens to put the world at risk.

Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow
S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, is one of the world’s greatest spies and quite possibly the world’s most skilled assassin. After the events in New York with The Avengers, where her specialized weapons and vast repertoire of martial arts skills helped the team defeat the invaders, Black Widow returned to S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters to take on new assignments, only to find herself joining forces with Captain America to expose an ever-widening conspiracy while fighting off assailants sent to silence them at every turn.

Sam Wilson aka Falcon
Sam Wilson is an ex-military paratrooper who works with veterans in Washington, D.C. Secretly trained by the military in aerial combat using a specially designed wing pack, Falcon becomes an indispensable ally when he teams up with Captain America and Black Widow to run a danger-filled race to halt an impending threat in its tracks.

Nick Fury

Nick Fury, the legendary director of the international peacekeeping organization, S.H.I.E.L.D, is back at headquarters in Washington, D.C. following the success of his special team, The Avengers, in repelling an alien invasion of New York City. Now Fury is faced with a hidden enemy that threatens to put the world at risk.

Alexander Pierce
A high-ranking S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and personal friend of Nick Fury, Alexander Pierce is respected and politically connected. Often the person who interfaces with prominent world officials, Pierce is polished and well spoken, and presents a credible face to the world on behalf of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Winter Soldier aka Bucky Barnes
Steve Rogers’ best friend Bucky Barnes was thought to have died in World War II. However, he resurfaces decades later as the Winter Soldier, a brainwashed, mega-enhanced Super-Soldier doing dirty work for a mysterious organization. The hardened Winter Soldier has no memories of his former identity and that suits him just fine — he is simply a killing machine.

Brock Rumlow
A highly trained operative on S.H.I.E.L.D.’s counter-terrorism S.T.R.I.K.E team, Rumlow is an excellent soldier and often battles side-by-side with Captain America, for whom he has great respect.

Agent 13
Agent 13 is a young, attractive S.H.I.E.L.D agent with skills in martial arts and weapons whose mission is to guard Steve Rogers — and not let him know it. She is guided by a strong moral compass and is not afraid to speak out when her ethics are challenged.

Agent Maria Hill
Agent Maria Hill proved her worth and her loyalty to both S.H.I.E.L.D. and Nick Fury during the events in New York with The Avengers. When she is called to come to Fury’s aid, Hill is drawn into the wide-ranging conspiracy unfolding in Washington, D.C. that has completely entangled both him and Steve Rogers.

----------------------------

Fun Facts

For the scenes in the film that took place on the ship Lumerian Star, the filmmakers used the Sea Launch Commander, docked in Long Beach, Calif. Although there were space challenges involved to choreograph complex fight sequences in the tight spaces of a real ship, the filmmakers were happy to be able to further ground the film in reality by using an existing vessel.

In Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier fans will get to see multiples of the 2.0 version of the helicarrier as well as S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters based in a building called the Triskelion in Washington, D.C. The Triskelion is a newly designed design, state-of- the-art facility that fits seamlessly into the backdrop of Washington.

Sebastian Stan, who plays the Winter Soldier, also went through rigorous fight and weapons training. He took a lot of good-natured ribbing from his friends because he would walk around all day practicing his moves with a plastic knife because he wanted his movements to feel natural.

The filmmakers were interested in adding more of a tactical design to the Falcon costume than was represented in the comic books. Accordingly, they incorporated a lot of real-world webbing, straps and gear. The final result was a costume that retained the iconic parts of the Falcon costume but stripped away the more comic book elements that would not work in the modern day. The Falcon costume takes actor Anthony Mackie 25 minutes to put on.

Anthony Mackie, whose excitement and energy for his character was infectious, liked to say ‘cut the check!’ whenever something had gone right or a scene had been completed. It became a contagious phrase that caught on and before long everyone on set was saying it.

Reigning UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre plays a French mercenary in the film. For the filmmakers, landing the popular MMA fighter for the role was a stroke of luck and good timing but is was equally a stroke of luck for Georges St-Pierre who was excited to get his first chance at being in a big action movie.

Shooting in Washington D.C. put Steve Rogers, Black Widow and Falcon in scenes at some of the most prominent national landmarks, including the Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, National Air and Space Museum, Capitol Building, National Mall, Occidental Restaurant at The Willard Hotel, DuPont Circle Neighborhood and the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge, which the production shut down for the first time ever for the filming of a major motion picture.

In battling the Winter Soldier, Captain America needs all the resources he can get, including his iconic shield, which has a lot more uses in the film. The shield is traditionally used mostly as a defensive weapon, but in Captain America: The Winter Soldier the filmmakers wanted to explore using it more as an offensive weapon. There are two handles on the shield and Steve Rogers can hold onto the handles in order to utilize it in an eastern style of fighting.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #42
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^

Old 02-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #43
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

A good interview (partial) with Henry Jackman, the composer, for HEY U GUYS:

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/heyuguys-i...inter-soldier/

Quote:
You need a sort of perfect storm of circumstances to allow something radical to work in a film where you’re not just being self-conscious, where you’re not just trying to show off or whatever, and this [Captain America] was it. I can’t say too much because I know Marvel will shoot me, but Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a brilliant film that is part of the Marvel franchise but the directors John and Anthony Russo are geniuses. It’s a Marvel film that’s taking it one step further. They’ve made Captain America much more contemporary. The story is set in 2013, so it’s not a period film and it doesn’t have Indiana Jones style Nazis running around the place, it’s all set in the modern era and it’s a cross between a superhero and a modern political thriller so that’s already awesome”.
So much more at the link!

Old 02-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #44
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yeah!

Old 02-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #45
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Oooh, I wonder what Winter Soldier's music sounds like.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #46
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I'm really looking forward to this movie. I'm planning on a rewatch of the first Captain America movie beforehand, but trying to hold off until nearer the sequel's release date. Maybe early March.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 02-14-2014, 04:32 PM   #47
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The description he gave of the music and the reaction the Russo Bros. had to it are making me real curious now. I'm wondering if it'll be a mashup of some Russian/German operatic themes along with slightly modern rock and mechanical sound effects added.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #48
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
I'm really looking forward to this movie. I'm planning on a rewatch of the first Captain America movie beforehand, but trying to hold off until nearer the sequel's release date. Maybe early March.
But there's really never a bad time to watch TFA.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #49
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
It´s gonna be big. I´ve a spotify list with only gr8 movie music Btw, the trailer music is great so I expect big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
You and me both. I think I´ll also go and see Cap TWS 2 times if it´s as good as I expect it to be.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #50
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

I think this'll be better than Thor 2, from what I've seen.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Closed Thread