The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #601
Snikt
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
So GOTG trailer is out tomorrow (tuesday) Hopefully people are right about the fox retaliation and follow with an x-men trailer like they did with the cap trailer
I'm really starting to think this as well.

Not so much as "Retaliation" type move, just a smart business move. You don't want one trailer to take any steam away from the other. So, but studios wait on each other.

The hype builds for both movies and we all win .

Old 02-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #602
narrows101
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
That was how people recorded new episodes of The Partridge Family back then.
The Partridge Family - my favorite show back in the day! And I used to have a typewriter just like that!

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 02-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #603
JP
Smelly

Again, that's not how these things work. Both the GoTG teaser and DoFP trailer have had set premiere dates for weeks now. These things aren't planned last minute.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #604
Snikt
Side-Kick

The best part about the wait for trailer 2 though...my anticipation just keeps building and building. Soon, it's just going to erupt .

Old 02-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #605
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

when is TRAILER II supposed to debut?

Old 02-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #606
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
So GOTG trailer is out tomorrow (tuesday) Hopefully people are right about the fox retaliation and follow with an x-men trailer like they did with the cap trailer
I'd be perfectly fine with that

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 02-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #607
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
when is TRAILER II supposed to debut?
No one really knows. But now, I and a few others are starting to feel we'll get the trailer 2 debut when all the headshots of the X-Men have been released.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #608
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Didn't we expect that with the EMPIRE ONLINE crap?

FOX's marketing plan for this movie has been cheap and less grand than THE LAST STAND or X2. Although, from here I heard that FOX has scaled down their marketing a lot since then so maybe that's why.

That being said there should have been at least a Trailer A by now and a Full trailer by late Feb/March. Oh well, the buzz was huge back in October but it's languished since then and the Empire Mag promo was kind of a bust. People only paid attention to that because they were teased into thinking there would be a trailer afterwards.

This movie needs a big buzz injection.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #609
Donut
Side-Kick

I'm guessing that vine / instagram video tease. Is how they thought that advertising pictures is cool. I think that seriously back fired on them

Old 02-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #610
Rockteur
X-Men Fanatic

We are the diehard X-Men fans.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #611
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Very interested to see whats going on with Hank/Beast change in appearance

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 02-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #612
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

I guess I just assumed it was some type of image inducer, or if not that, then Xavier's doing. <shrug>

Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #613
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I'm almost positive it's the power inhibitor. There's a reason why it's listed on the Trask-Industries viral site.

It's also in line with the set photos we've seen of Magneto and Beast fighting and Hank looking like he's Hulk'ed out of his cloth. He probably removes, either voluntarily or not, the inhibitor to take on Magneto.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #614
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
The Partridge Family - my favorite show back in the day! And I used to have a typewriter just like that!
I had a TV that looked like that. When you had to get up to change the channel...

Old 02-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #615
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Perhaps FOX is holding off the release of the DoFP trailer for the debut of Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy tomorrow? Maybe they know the buzz will be all about THAT Marvel film for awhile and they want it to die down a bit instead of competing for it. Keep in mind, these trailers need just as much room to breathe in the media for consumer absorption as the actual films do at the box office.

Personally, I am ALL ABOUT Guardians of The Galaxy right now. That s*** looks slick as hell and I'm not gonna lie: that upcoming trailer has kinda taken my mind off of Days Of Future Past.

I am Groot bishes.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #616
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
Didn't we expect that with the EMPIRE ONLINE crap?

FOX's marketing plan for this movie has been cheap and less grand than THE LAST STAND or X2. Although, from here I heard that FOX has scaled down their marketing a lot since then so maybe that's why.

That being said there should have been at least a Trailer A by now and a Full trailer by late Feb/March. Oh well, the buzz was huge back in October but it's languished since then and the Empire Mag promo was kind of a bust. People only paid attention to that because they were teased into thinking there would be a trailer afterwards.

This movie needs a big buzz injection.
I still think a trailer could still hit at the very end of this month, if not it's definitely hitting next month. As long as the trailer can compete with the other big films and the T.V spots look interesting it should do fine.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #617
xrs13
Cold as ice

I know these things are planned way in advance but is it possible that by letting the GOTG trailer show, Fox could then go back and make the new x-trailer cover all the things it needs to in order to outperform the rest?

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Old 02-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #618
JP
Smelly

Weird that the main xmenmovies sites still haven't posted Colossus. Fire that intern.

Or fire the UK intern who keeps tweeting the photos 8 hours before the main sites.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #619
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Is see it as the Marketing team has been asleep this quarter. nite nite trashbox.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #620
Rike
Something strange here?

Tell me more about your marketing experience.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

X-Men: Apocalypse

Last edited by Rike; 02-17-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #621
BETArayBill
Side-Kick

This is getting ridiculous there should be a new trailer for this movie out by now guardians has a ton of effects shots to and comes out in august and we're getting a trailer tomorrow you can't tell me that fox and singer can't have enough fx shots done by this point to not have a new trailer out by now I mean it feels like there's a new Spider-man trailer every day.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #622
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I know these things are planned way in advance but is it possible that by letting the GOTG trailer show, Fox could then go back and make the new x-trailer cover all the things it needs to in order to outperform the rest?
I could be wrong but I think Fox knows that they can't half-ass this the trailer. I think the content of the trailer really depends on how they have decided to market the film. Are they going to go the spectacle route or barely show anything and just go for mood. My only want is for it not look small and cheap. I'm going to still see it of course but I'm not going to be happy if that happens.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #623
JohnGrey
Side-Kick

Shawn Ashmore was or is going to Montreal for reshoots/pick ups as well!!! Hopefully Anna goes back given Ellen was spotted in Montreal too!

Old 02-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #624
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

I agree so hard ISEESPIDEY. Yet I think they could have put out something fabulous by now. It makes no sense for them to delay it this long. I feel like the Website should be up already and function at optimum levels instead of the "Tumblr'ish" website they have now.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:52 PM   #625
Malik
Side-Kick

Delay? I'm sorry but nothing has been announced so how is it delayed.