The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #626
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I had a TV that looked like that. When you had to get up to change the channel...
Ah. Getting up to change the channel, from 1 to 2 or another way around. I remember. I REMEMBER

Old 02-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #627
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I'm almost positive it's the power inhibitor. There's a reason why it's listed on the Trask-Industries viral site.

It's also in line with the set photos we've seen of Magneto and Beast fighting and Hank looking like he's Hulk'ed out of his cloth. He probably removes, either voluntarily or not, the inhibitor to take on Magneto.
I can buy this.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 02-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #628
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Double post

Old 02-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #629
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I could be wrong but I think Fox knows that they can't half-ass this the trailer. I think the content of the trailer really depends on how they have decided to market the film. Are they going to go the spectacle route or barely show anything and just go for mood. My only want is for it not look small and cheap. I'm going to still see it of course but I'm not going to be happy if that happens.
Agreed. Half-ass this trailer and everyone will think this is just another X-film rather than a huge crossover event. This trailer needs to show spectacle, and much more so than previous X-films. A good arty trailer won't win many people over who aren't already watching it. This needs to get people in seats the way the older Transformers trailers did.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #630
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
I'm almost positive it's the power inhibitor. There's a reason why it's listed on the Trask-Industries viral site.

It's also in line with the set photos we've seen of Magneto and Beast fighting and Hank looking like he's Hulk'ed out of his cloth. He probably removes, either voluntarily or not, the inhibitor to take on Magneto.
That's a great idea and a possibility.

Quote:
I could be wrong but I think Fox knows that they can't half-ass this the trailer. I think the content of the trailer really depends on how they have decided to market the film. Are they going to go the spectacle route or barely show anything and just go for mood. My only want is for it not look small and cheap. I'm going to still see it of course but I'm not going to be happy if that happens.
I REALLY agree with this.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:57 PM   #631
jignat
Side-Kick

I'd rather wait as late as early March if that means getting a kickbutt trailer!

Put a trailer with less than awe-inspiring effects and most of the general audience will shrug the film off.
(Most of us wouldnt, but we're not the people who need to be wooed.)

Old 02-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #632
Rockteur
X-Men Fanatic

It's going to be surreal finally seeing live action sentinels. The trailer better not disappoint.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:33 AM   #633
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
They better not coast on the assumption that the massive cast automatically makes this movie look epic. A lot of the marketing so far has been about "look how many characters this movie has!", but the "epic" is IMO more about the visuals and spectacle. So I don't think that the mood type of trailer will cut it, especially when, judging by the first trailer, the mood is rather dark and dour. We're talking about a summer blockbuster, not a mutant Schindler's List.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:29 AM   #634
Malik
Side-Kick

Who is saying any of that

Old 02-18-2014, 04:30 AM   #635
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
I agree so hard ISEESPIDEY. Yet I think they could have put out something fabulous by now. It makes no sense for them to delay it this long. I feel like the Website should be up already and function at optimum levels instead of the "Tumblr'ish" website they have now.
Though I would like to see a website like what X3 had like 7 years ago. I think the days for the websites like that are over, at least with the X-Men movies. They didn't even release character avatar/wallpapers for First Class and The Wolverine. And I don't think they had biography pages for all of the characters.

I've seen a lot of official websites these days with this tumblr-style look. Not just for films but also official websites for musicians.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 02-18-2014, 04:43 AM   #636
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I know these things are planned way in advance but is it possible that by letting the GOTG trailer show, Fox could then go back and make the new x-trailer cover all the things it needs to in order to outperform the rest?
Well since you brought up GOTG, I don't think Fox will release something tomorrow in a few days just because another CBM film released their 1st trailer.

Its possible that they would do another "big announcement" right after GOTG's first trailer is released. I still remember when the trailer for Cap 2 came out, Fox released the teaser for the teaser trailer the next day, then when the trailer for TASM2 came out, they announced the release date/the title for the 8th X-Men film.

But I don't see it happening again with the trailer for GOTG coming out because I don't really see Fox considering GOTG as a big competition since DOFP will come out 1st in theaters and GOTG opens two months later after DOFP. I don't see both films hurting each other at the box-office.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-18-2014 at 04:47 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #637
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

There are photos of Jennifer Lawrence leaving montreal hotel.So it's safe to assume her being part of addattional shooting has basiclly been confirmed.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 02-18-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #638
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i wonder whats up with all these reshoots? some issues putting the film together? needing to make scenes shorter? new ending?

Old 02-18-2014, 09:29 AM   #639
kasjan
Side-Kick

Only 3 months till premiere, and we have ComicCon trailer without CGI + pics. Still can't feel hype for this movie, this is poor marketing. When FOX gonna start bombard with official TV spots?

Old 02-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #640
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i wonder whats up with all these reshoots? some issues putting the film together? needing to make scenes shorter? new ending?
It's likely adding scenes+adding to ending.

X2 was originally going to end with X-Men meeting president at white house.The stuff at mansion at end after that was added.They had to film that In London In early 2003 due to Hugh jackman working on Van Helsing at time.

From cast movements it's also seems both 1973 and 2023 scenes are part of this addattional filming.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #641
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it feels like bad film making when singer is reshooting still, i mean i get that it may be hard to do when he filmed the OT first and then FC after when things always change during production and scripting and then having to piece them together but who knows

Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #642
Angamb
Banned User

I love having new solo shots. And love the background and Halle's hair, but the latest poses are pretty boring, imo.

And with Daniel doing a weird facial gesture. While Halle looks sad or bored.

But anyway, it is what it is. ("lord, you are always complaining" lol)

Old 02-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #643
xrs13
Cold as ice

Reshoots happen for most films around this time in their production, its just that we are seeing it because we are searching for it.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Old 02-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #644
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Only 3 months till premiere, and we have ComicCon trailer without CGI + pics. Still can't feel hype for this movie, this is poor marketing. When FOX gonna start bombard with official TV spots?
Why would they have TV spots for a movie that doesn't come out until the end of May? Captain America doesn't even have TV spots yet and that movie comes out the first week of April.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #645
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
First off the teaser was first clear look for most who weren't at comic con.Even the leaked version didn't have all of what was shown.

We haven't gotten a full trailer yet.Odds are good this Is because they want to have effects done for it,and this will likely be only remaining trailer.many films have teaser and then full trailer.

We have gotten stills for film,empire covers,and now character promos.It's not true they haven't shown anything.The sentinles reveal on cover likely means we will see sentinles In Trailer.There Is no reason to hide them if they were revealed on covers.

We are likely looking at late april till TV spots.Film doesn't open till memorial day.

When cast goes on promational tour and screening of film happens Is likely to be when TV ads start.You should see plenty of them especilly If you watch any shows on Fox or FX.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #646
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Super bowl didn't air on TV?

Old 02-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #647
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

TV Spots and a Superbowl Ad are two very different things.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #648
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why would they have TV spots for a movie that doesn't come out until the end of May? Captain America doesn't even have TV spots yet and that movie comes out the first week of April.
Because they should want to beat other heromovies marketing?
DOFP should be main focus of general audience.
You shouldn't wait at other movies, but do the best to sell yours.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #649
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
it feels like bad film making when singer is reshooting still, i mean i get that it may be hard to do when he filmed the OT first and then FC after when things always change during production and scripting and then having to piece them together but who knows
X2 had added scenes to ending and that turned out pretty well.

Both Thor:The Dark World and Captain America:The Winter soldier had addattional filming done.With thor the scene where loki Is brought before odin and sentenced was a addational filmed scene.

These happen with big films.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #650
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

It is still a Tv spot.Also Makificent aired a TV spot during the Grammys. A film that comes out 1 week after dofp.

Closed Thread