The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #976
B
[insert witty comment]

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

City kept in the tie by a wrong offside decision against Fabregas, they should be 2-0 down right now.

Old 02-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #977
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Messi wasn't in the area though! still a red though and they had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside so it's already evened out

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #978
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

2-0 game over.

Old 02-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #979
B
[insert witty comment]

Personally, I feel City approached this game all wrong, they showed too much respect to Barcelona. They adopted an overly cautious & defensive approach to combat how Barcelona's excessive possession.. which was a mistake. One that will cost them no doubt. I cant' see City being able to overturn a 2 away goal deficit at the Nou Camp.

The red card just made things twice as bad, but in reality, City were never really in the game, they gave the ball away too cheaply, didn't press Barcelona enough nor did they break quickly enough with the little possession they did have. It would have taken a moment of brilliance from Dzeko or Negredo from one of the many long balls City pumped up to them in order to open Barcelona up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
Messi wasn't in the area though! still a red though and they had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside so it's already evened out
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Was very close though, if he wasn't inside it was right on the line, I wouldn't consider that an overly controversial decision, sometimes those are given as free-kicks, sometimes they are given as penalties.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #980
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Foul started outside the box, contact made inside it though.

I found it funny that this afternoon Skysports was full of "easy 3-1 win for Citeh today!" comments. City are essentially a knock-off version of Barcelona, everything from adopting a possession-based playing style, to starting a Barca-esque academy and even poaching Barca employees. Tonight they came up against the archetype of possession football and were found out.

City's astounding goal scoring stats in the PL are down to having superior possession against almost all opposition. They weren't going to beat Barcelona at their own game, starve City of the ball and they become an above average counter-attacking side. Should have been 0-3, linesman was on the crack.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #981
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Was very close though, if he wasn't inside it was right on the line, I wouldn't consider that an overly controversial decision, sometimes those are given as free-kicks, sometimes they are given as penalties.
no two wrongs don't make a right at all

messi looked almost a foot out to me, watch the leg that is fould (his right) he puts it down before falling and it is easily before the line, his forward momentum takes him well over and into the area... to be fair in that situation a penalty is probably more fair than a free kick considering it's Messi through on goal... still outside of the area though

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-18-2014, 04:46 PM   #982
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Foul started outside the box, contact made inside it though.
no look at where messis foot lands after the foul

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #983
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

City did exactly what Germany and Holland did when they played Spain at the last World Cup, they didn't play to their attacking strengths out of fear and thus were on a diet of hit and hope all night which allowed Barca to freely build up their passing rhythm.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #984
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Barca's Twitter got hacked

Old 02-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #985
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
I've rewatched it and think it was just a foul now, although a definite sending off.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #986
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Looking at the replays, Short of having tracking chips in players linked to another watch sized screen on the ref's arm.... There was a snowballs chance in hell of the ref accurately calling that... Apart from being a deserved Red card...

Old 02-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #987
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Old 02-19-2014, 02:56 AM   #988
bapi
Side-Kick

I'm not so dissapointed, to be honest. Negredo was isolated (and looks tired in last few weeks) so maybe it would be better to play Yaya behind him however I understand Pellegrini wanted more protection for (****e) Clichy. It was a tight game but Demichelis' tackle was stupid so Barca deserved to win. It's clear there's still some gap between City and Bayern/Barca/Real/PSG and EPL schedule and tough away games don't help. But I won't cry. Instead I see a lot of positive moments in our CL performances this season.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 02-19-2014, 03:02 AM   #989
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
I'm not so dissapointed, to be honest. Negredo was isolated (and looks tired in last few weeks) so maybe it would be better to play Yaya behind him however I understand Pellegrini wanted more protection for (****e) Clichy. It was a tight game but Demichelis' tackle was stupid so Barca deserved to win. It's clear there's still some gap between City and Bayern/Barca/Real/PSG and EPL schedule and tough away games don't help. But I won't cry. Instead I see a lot of positive moments in our CL performances this season.
The red card/penalty moment is a shame and at 1-0 you would have still had a chance. One more goal against Bayern in the groups would have meant this match could have been saved for a later round. But yeah City just need to be in this tournament every year and gradually will start getting further. Utd took a fair while learning against the likes of Juventus before they made the breakthrough. Going out will make that treble dream a possibility. Hope you do better next season and get a better draw.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:05 AM   #990
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
Barca's Twitter got hacked

Interesting...I wonder if it was one of the local fans who was upset at Barca's no sponsor rule being broken.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:25 AM   #991
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

It was a free kick not a pen. City were playing 12 men here.

Edit: Barca's experience in the tourney certainly won the match. I feel Barca weren't at their best IMO.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Last edited by Two-Face; 02-19-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #992
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

At least this time there was an actual foul. Usually when a PL team plays Barca, someone gets sent off for kicking the ball.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #993
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Bloody hell. Arsenal just missed pen against Bayern.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #994
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Horrendous penalty. Ozil's body language is too negative lately

Old 02-19-2014, 02:07 PM   #995
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Arsenal wanting to walk it into the net is going to cost them

Old 02-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #996
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

lovely chip through ball... definate red and pen... second day in a row

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #997
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Horrendous penalty. Ozil's body language is too negative lately
Agreed.
Quote:
Arsenal wanting to walk it into the net is going to cost them
They never change!

Old 02-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #998
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Wow huge break for Arsenal there

Old 02-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #999
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
lovely chip through ball... definate red and pen... second day in a row
Just saw the missed penalty. Who was sent off?

Old 02-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #1000
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Just saw the missed penalty. Who was sent off?
Schezny (or however the hell you spell it)

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Closed Thread