The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #701
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Default Re: WiiU - Part 2

yeah I use the second screen to play my games on, it's more fun and I don't strain my eyes as much.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 02-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #702
jacobed
Banned User

All these games are great but I would really love to see Nintendo take a risk or change things up with their games. Now we are just getting another Mario world or dkc or Mario kart. There isn't a metroid prime or donkey Kong 64 or Mario 64/galaxy esque difference. Where they take their franchise and release a completely different game

Old 02-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #703
Benstamania
Shot first.

Every time someone mentions DK 64 I shutter with disgust.

Revelation 22:20
Old 02-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #704
Soapy
It's happening again...

It wasn't that bad.

It was pretty bad though.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #705
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Why is that game hated? I really liked it.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #706
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Every time someone mentions DK 64 I shutter with disgust.
What?!?!?!?!?! You must hate platformers then. Rare only made gold in those days sir!

Old 02-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #707
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I honestly didn't play a ton of it, but I think people dislike it because the platforming is secondary to collecting a bunch of useless junk.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #708
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I never had an issue with collecting things, I remember a few friends did. I just liked being able to explore a bunch of levels as different characters and each being needed to do different things.

I never beat the game though. I had trouble on the boss that was a cut-out of King K. Rool and the final level had a timer which wouldn't reset after you left. I was never good at beating things quickly back then.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #709
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I honestly didn't play a ton of it, but I think people dislike it because the platforming is secondary to collecting a bunch of useless junk.
Useless junk....On top of making you play every level MULTIPLE times with every damn ape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
What?!?!?!?!?! You must hate platformers then. Rare only made gold in those days sir!
Disagree. Rare was good with Banjo, Goldeneye and Conkers but they completely spit all over their original DK series with 64. They made a poor Banjo clone and again made the player run through every stinking level with every stinking stupid monkey multiple times. DK64 wasn't a platformer as much as it was a Collect-a-Thon and IMHO THAT game marked the start of their downfall.

I would have been fine if they cloned another game.. Hell.. Clone Mario 64 instead of Banjo.. THAT would have been a better fit.

I've never been more angry at a game than I was with DK 64. That game seriously ruined a year for me.

Because I played the stinking thing til completion.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #710
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWS

MOVIE ABOUT SEGA AND NINTENDO CONSOLE WARS IN DEVELOPMENT

Hollywood is working on a new movie that should get gamers interested. Seth Rogen and his frequent collaborator Evan Goldberg are attached to direct a movie based on the upcoming book Console Wars, which chronicles the rivalry between Nintendo and Sega in the early
1990s. Along with directing, Rogen and Goldberg are also adapting the screenplay, and the film is being produced by Oscar-winner Scott Rudin, who also produced another real-life tech movie, The Social Network. Most curiously of all, Console Wars is being financed by Sony Pictures, a studio that’s obviously part of the same corporation that entered the console wars itself with the PlayStation in 1994.
Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg already have about a million other projects in development, so it’s unclear exactly where Console Wars will fall into their busy schedule. The book is slated to hit shelves this August.
source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Old 02-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #711
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Kong
I knew they'd have to have something like this. The Kongs will be so weighed down with all the garbage they have to collect, I can't see them getting past the second level. You can view all this silly nonsense and some other stuff I don't understand by pressing START during your game.
Cranky Kong tried to warn us. Never forget.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #712
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post

NEWS

MOVIE ABOUT SEGA AND NINTENDO CONSOLE WARS IN DEVELOPMENT

Hollywood is working on a new movie that should get gamers interested. Seth Rogen and his frequent collaborator Evan Goldberg are attached to direct a movie based on the upcoming book Console Wars, which chronicles the rivalry between Nintendo and Sega in the early
1990s. Along with directing, Rogen and Goldberg are also adapting the screenplay, and the film is being produced by Oscar-winner Scott Rudin, who also produced another real-life tech movie, The Social Network. Most curiously of all, Console Wars is being financed by Sony Pictures, a studio thatís obviously part of the same corporation that entered the console wars itself with the PlayStation in 1994.
Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg already have about a million other projects in development, so itís unclear exactly where Console Wars will fall into their busy schedule. The book is slated to hit shelves this August.
source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Ha, this could be interesting.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #713
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post

Disagree. Rare was good with Banjo, Goldeneye and Conkers but they completely spit all over their original DK series with 64. They made a poor Banjo clone and again made the player run through every stinking level with every stinking stupid monkey multiple times. DK64 wasn't a platformer as much as it was a Collect-a-Thon and IMHO THAT game marked the start of their downfall.

I would have been fine if they cloned another game.. Hell.. Clone Mario 64 instead of Banjo.. THAT would have been a better fit.

I've never been more angry at a game than I was with DK 64. That game seriously ruined a year for me.

Because I played the stinking thing til completion.
I don't hear that kind of opinion very often! But it was a collect-a-thon and a Banjo clone I admit. But Banjo-Kazooie was my favorite N64 platformer so I didn't mind it being somewhat of a clone. I think it was after Perfect Dark and Conker was when their downfall began, most of the good people left to other companies such as Free Radical. And hey! Conker came out after DK64!

Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #714
Benstamania
Shot first.

I wasn't THAT big on Conker.. It was decent but I think people really only love it due to it's original shock value. Besides that I don't recall it doing anything ground breaking, lol.

I've always thought Rare was incredibly over rated after the SNES years.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:17 AM   #715
jacobed
Banned User

I agree I think they are overrated. Conker wasn't that good of game. Just had a lot of shock value. I enjoyed DK64 because it was something different for the franchise. It was a collect a thon but they all were back then

Old 02-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #716
CJ
Derpy Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
Yeah, it's definitiely in my top 10 favorite N64 games. Banjo felt repetitive and tedious, but DK64 was a ton of fun.

Sonic Boom
This Fall on Cartoon Network

Old 03-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #717
zenith16
Side-Kick

Nintendo Separates Quality Of Life Business Unit From Consoles

news
on Mar 03, 2014 at 02:45 PM

Nintendo has further detailed its plans for quality of life products.
... more

source:
GI

Old 03-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #718
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

I'm curious about what this whole QOL thing is going to end up looking like.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #719
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Ha, this could be interesting.
If Sony is capable of producing a movie involving one of their competitors without being biased. But I'm afraid they'll end up being about making Sega look like heroic underdogs against Nintendo, sort of like how every version of the history of comic books depicts DC as stodgy and unchanging while Marvel is the revolutionary breath of fresh air that saved the industry with their fleshed out, realistic characterizations.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #720
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
If Sony is capable of producing a movie involving one of their competitors without being biased. But I'm afraid they'll end up being about making Sega look like heroic underdogs against Nintendo, sort of like how every version of the history of comic books depicts DC as stodgy and unchanging while Marvel is the revolutionary breath of fresh air that saved the industry with their fleshed out, realistic characterizations.
It's a funny thing to take on when they are current competitors with one of the companies involved but it would be very obvious if they were biased given that position also. I think it's possible to be neutral as most of those connected with Sony were probably gamers back then and could have individually favoured either side. I don't believe owning all systems was as common back then as it is now. I guess we'll see. I think it'll be an interesting watch even if it is biased.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #721
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Well, in fairness, that's pretty much true in regards to the Marvel and DC thing. It's not like that now, sure, but at the time there was some really stark differences to the types of comics they were putting out then.

And really, even Sega being a plucky underdog isn't that off the wall. They were always a much smaller company than Nintendo, and it is kind of amazing how they managed to stand the test against them while Atari, Neo Geo, and others fell (all while making some of the worst business decisions).

But I don't really think it'll matter. Sony as a company has a lot of different layers and arms, one thing doesn't necessarily affect the other. Case in point, why you have Amazing Spider-Man: The Game on all platforms as opposed to being a PS3/4/Vita exclusive.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #722
zenith16
Side-Kick

New Nintendo eShop releases: Yoshi's New Island, Super Mario Bros - The Lost Levels

(37 minutes ago)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

There are plenty of new releases to dig into on the eShop this week, including the return of everyone's favorite sneaker-wearing dino-thing in 3DS platformerYoshi's New Island. All but one of the games out this week are for the Nintendo handheld; the only new release on Wii U is a retro release, and that's Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels.

The Lost Levels isthe true sequel to the original Super Mario Bros. - SMB2 is awesome, we know, but facts are facts. The game famously didn't make it out of Japan until it was re-released in the SNES compilation Super Mario All-Stars,and finally Western players got to grips with some really challenging Mario. Not that the first SMB isn't tricky because it is, especially if you don't use warp pipes, but The Lost Levels is, er, another level.

Anyway, the Virtual Console version is the NES game rather than the SNES re-release, and it's priced at $5. Finally, look out for discounts on Steamworld Digon 3DS, which should be going down from $9 to $4.50 - that sale ends 9AM PT/12PM ET on March 16 - and on Zen's collection of 3DS pinball games, which will all be half-off between March 17-31.Yoshi's New Island (E3 2013)

Continue Reading

Source:Joystiq

Old 03-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #723
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Wii U had a boost in Feb.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #724
zenith16
Side-Kick

Nintendo Used Mario vs. Donkey Kong To Show Off Nintendo Web Framework At GDC. March 20, 2014 . 4:01pm

At GDC, there is a tech demo from Nintendo Software Technology of Mario vs. Donkey Kong for Wii U using Nintendo Web Framework.

Quote:
At GDC, there is a tech demo from Nintendo Software Technology of Mario vs. Donkey Kong for Wii U using Nintendo Web Framework. I had a chance to try it out very briefly and the controls are on the Wii U GamePad. You can build bridges by drawing a line at the red squares or get rid of bridge a by tapping on them.

The Nintendo Web Framework is a development environment based on WebKit technologies, supporting software development on the Wii U using HTML5, JavaScript, and CSS. It has support for the Wii U GamePad, Wii Remote, and even JavaScript extensions such as video playback. Its goal is to allow easy porting of apps to Wii U using Web technologies.

You can see a couple of quick photographs of the setup that we snapped below. One of them includes the game code running on a monitor, visible for all to see. Nintendo’s Damon Baker shared with us that the tech demo is simply meant to be that, and is not planned to be an actual game.

source:Siliconera

Old 03-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #725
zenith16
Side-Kick

Over 50 Games Using Unity Are In The Pipeline For Wii U Says Nintendo. March 21, 2014 . 11:31am

At GDC this week, Nintendo’s Damon Baker said to us that there over 50 games coming to Wii U that run on the Unity engine.

Quote:

At GDC this week, Siliconera had a chance to speak with Damon Baker, Senior Manager of Marketing at Nintendo’s of America’s Licensing department. During our brief conversation, Baker said to us that are over 50 games coming to Wii U that use Unity.

“Over the course of this show, we have nine games on display,” Baker said. “We have 17 that are currently in the pipeline, that have been submitted. So they will all be out within the next two months.”

“And then, we have another fifty that are waiting in the wings, that are coming; so we’ve got a lot of Unity content on the way.”

Last year, Nintendo announced a partnership with Unity Technologies that would bring a Wii U-specific version of the popular game development Unity engine to the platform. The engine comes free with Wii U development kits, in order to make it easier for developers to get started with Wii U development.

In addition to the Unity partnership, Nintendo’s Web Framework—which is a development environment that enables Wii U development using HTML5, JavaScript, and CSS—is part of an ongoing initiative bring more developers to Wii U, company president Satoru Iwata said last year.

“There are over a million Unity developers, including many in developing countries where the business of dedicated gaming machines is not prosperous,” Iwata said at the time. “We would like to create opportunities for these developers to have their games available for Wii U.”

source:Siliconera

Closed Thread