The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #976
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

2 hr 16 minutes is awesome

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #977
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Perfect! Even I'd that includes credits

Old 02-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #978
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

There's already some reactions trickling in from a preview attached to a screening of ALL HAIL THE KING. Some lucky peeps, including Slashfilm (Germaine Lussier) saw the first ten minutes of TWS, then a trailer montage. The reactions I saw on twitter for it were very, very positive.

Warning: Major spoilers at the link!

http://www.slashfilm.com/weve-seen-t...inter-soldier/

Old 02-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #979
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

How long do credits normally last?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 02-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #980
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Thats a great run-time, it seems Marvel have learned their lesson from Thor: TDW and given this movie room to breath, hope they keep it up.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #981
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

It honestly might have a lot to do with the Russos and Feige being on the same page throughout development too. It seems that their visions aligned that I think production ran smoothly, they edited as they shot, and it seems that post-production rolled right along to make the final cut something fairly close to the rough cut with a little trimming here and there.

Yeah, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Russos were being groomed to succeed Whedon.

I skimmed the description of the 10 minute footage. I can say if it holds accurate, the humor seems to be very natural to the characters. Sam is really charming. (I think this is the page of the script that leaked last year.)

Last edited by Suzanne78; 02-24-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:51 PM   #982
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
The 1:36 running time seems perfect to me, if it's true. Marvel must have been very pleased with the cut the Russos delivered to have trimmed so little.

Although I enjoy long movies if they are well-made, I don't think longer is necessarily better. There are as many films I can think of that would have been better with about half an hour of bloat trimmed off as there are films that could have used more time.
The info out there is that the movie is 2 hours and 16 minutes (136 minutes), not 1:36. A one hour and 36 minutes run time would be terrible.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:53 PM   #983
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
It honestly might have a lot to do with the Russos and Feige being on the same page throughout development too. It seems that their visions aligned that I think production ran smoothly, they edited as they shot, and it seems that post-production rolled right along to make the final cut something fairly close to the rough cut with a little trimming here and there.

Yeah, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Russos were being groomed to succeed Whedon.

I skimmed the description of the 10 minute footage. I can say if it holds accurate, the humor seems to be very natural to the characters. Sam is really charming. (I think this is the page of the script that leaked last year.)
I suggested this in the Avengers forum and got a bombardment of negativity and doubt. It really seems like this may be the case though. The info in that link referred to the quality of the soundtrack as well. I can't wait to hear it.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 02-24-2014, 11:56 PM   #984
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Thats a great run-time, it seems Marvel have learned their lesson from Thor: TDW and given this movie room to breath, hope they keep it up.
Well, no, since both movies were in production at the same time.

They just, hopefully, had a solid script to work from on this, which is what they didn't have for Thor 2.

People can talk all they want about editing or whatever else for Thor 2, but the problems all trickle down from a weaksauce script. Everything to do with the dark elves is very very stupid, keeping one or two of the deleted scenes that people liked doesn't fix that. If anything it slows the movie down, which gives people time to think about how ridiculous the elf stuff is. It's no wonder Marvel wanted the movie to just breeze by

What Thor 3 needs isn't a longer runtime or less humor or Thor moving differently or whatever other little complaint people want addressed. What it needs is a filmmaker with a vision for the film, who oversees the production from the word go. (Or filmmakers, as the case may be. ) Thor 2's problem wasn't its runtime, it was the four directors and half-dozen screenwriters who passed through before they finally settled.

If the right person makes an 80 minute film it'll be great. If the wrong person makes a 130 minute film it'll be terrible. Runtime is indicative of basically nothing.

And for what it's worth I'm not one of those people who hates Thor 2, it's an okay film. But it definitely has its problems

Last edited by Chewy; 02-25-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #985
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
I suggested this in the Avengers forum and got a bombardment of negativity and doubt. It really seems like this may be the case though. The info in that link referred to the quality of the soundtrack as well. I can't wait to hear it.
I would say they're just grooming the Russos to make a couple of great Cap movies. lol

Old 02-25-2014, 12:03 AM   #986
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
Do you mean the "succeeding Whedon" part? I think that could happen after A3. I doubt Marvel would want to let Whedon walk if A:AoU does gangbusters (likely it will). More likely, it would be Whedon who decides to not direct. From everything I'm hearing, it actually might be amazing to get an Avengers movie written by Whedon but directed by the Russos.

Y'all, my thirst for this movie is LIKE WHOA!!

Old 02-25-2014, 12:06 AM   #987
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
5 weeks!

I'm trying to avoid any more spoilers before I head in, we'll see how that works out

Old 02-25-2014, 12:08 AM   #988
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
5 weeks!

I'm trying to avoid any more spoilers before I head in, we'll see how that works out
I lasted about five minutes before I scrolled through that slashfilm article.

NO REGRETS!!

Old 02-25-2014, 12:12 AM   #989
Minxie
Side-Kick

Quote:

NO REGRETS!!
Saaaame. I have no self-control.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:15 AM   #990
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
How long do credits normally last?
With Marvel Studio films? Scenes include, upwards of 10 mins.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #991
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Quote:
Do you mean the "succeeding Whedon" part? I think that could happen after A3. I doubt Marvel would want to let Whedon walk if A:AoU does gangbusters (likely it will). More likely, it would be Whedon who decides to not direct. From everything I'm hearing, it actually might be amazing to get an Avengers movie written by Whedon but directed by the Russos.

Yes, I think the Russo's are on deck should anything go wrong with Whedon for any future Avengers movies.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 02-25-2014, 12:44 AM   #992
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

That is a solid runtime for any comic book movie. I'm very happy with this news.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #993
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
The info out there is that the movie is 2 hours and 16 minutes (136 minutes), not 1:36. A one hour and 36 minutes run time would be terrible.
I always get that sort of thing wrong. But 90+ minutes works for some films. Men In Black was just 98 minutes long and it was a great film. Green Lantern was 114 minutes and every second of it was excruciating.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:05 AM   #994
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:

NO REGRETS!!
I read it right away after finding the link and no regrets. I can honestly say that reading or seeing spoilers doesn't affect my movie-going experience once so ever.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:11 AM   #995
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Hmmm...Fandango lists it at 2hr 8min...same for IMDB

I hope the 2hr 16min runtime is true

Old 02-25-2014, 01:22 AM   #996
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I read it right away after finding the link and no regrets. I can honestly say that reading or seeing spoilers doesn't affect my movie-going experience once so ever.
Most spoilers don't bother me, either. Knowing spoilers isn't the same as having seen the film already.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:46 AM   #997
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Yeah spoilers never bother me or ruin the film for me. It's still awesome to see it play out and happen. Even cool to know what's gonna happen, you get excited to see it.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:51 AM   #998
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I like the idea of using Batroc as an opening villain before the story really starts. The way they're using Batroc is basically how they're going to use Strucker in AOU I'm guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Hmmm...Fandango lists it at 2hr 8min...same for IMDB

I hope the 2hr 16min runtime is true
Well without credits it probably is 2hr 8min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Well, no, since both movies were in production at the same time.

They just, hopefully, had a solid script to work from on this, which is what they didn't have for Thor 2.

People can talk all they want about editing or whatever else for Thor 2, but the problems all trickle down from a weaksauce script. Everything to do with the dark elves is very very stupid, keeping one or two of the deleted scenes that people liked doesn't fix that. If anything it slows the movie down, which gives people time to think about how ridiculous the elf stuff is. It's no wonder Marvel wanted the movie to just breeze by

What Thor 3 needs isn't a longer runtime or less humor or Thor moving differently or whatever other little complaint people want addressed. What it needs is a filmmaker with a vision for the film, who oversees the production from the word go. (Or filmmakers, as the case may be. ) Thor 2's problem wasn't its runtime, it was the four directors and half-dozen screenwriters who passed through before they finally settled.

If the right person makes an 80 minute film it'll be great. If the wrong person makes a 130 minute film it'll be terrible. Runtime is indicative of basically nothing.

And for what it's worth I'm not one of those people who hates Thor 2, it's an okay film. But it definitely has its problems
I think they're already on their way to addressing this too btw. This time they clearly have a story in mnd they want to tell going in (Ragnarok) which I don't think they had with Thor 2, they'er also streamlining the script this time by giving the responsibilities to only Craig Kyle and Chris Yost, two guys who love Thor, have history writing his comics, and will want to make the best possible script they can with all the love for the character in it. I have more confidence in them finding a director that matches their vision for the film this time, because I don't believe Thor 2 had a cohesive vision to begin with. The subject matter is going to be far better than both previous Thor movies, and it should have just as strong if not better creative process as Thor 1. I'm expecting Thor 3 to finally put out a Thor movie worth more than just a fun trip.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 02-25-2014 at 02:01 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:38 AM   #999
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves TDW
Anyway,great running time.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:54 AM   #1000
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Avenger View Post
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves TDW
Anyway,great running time.
I liked parts of TDW but it was nearly ruined by bad writing. The Dark Elves were woefully underdeveloped, which made them really weak villains. Darcy and her little friend needed to be cut out and the Warriors Three & Sif used in their place. The whole film was a series of missteps and missed opportunities.

Closed Thread