The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 02-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #26
John-An
Yahtzee!

Default Re: Themyscira aspect in Superman/Batman

^^^ So from which origin place do you think is going to be?
Themyscira needs to be in here. The adaption is the only thing they're going to consider.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #27
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDorranceBane View Post
There is no going to be Themyscira in this because everything in the DC movieverse needs to be realzzz...
Like there was no Krypton in MAN OF STEEL?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #28
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Like there was no Krypton in MAN OF STEEL?
The popular hyperbole runs away with itself sometimes.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #29
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
They should save the discovery of Themyscira to WW's solo movie. Paradise Island is too big of a reveal. It could work as one of their cliffhangers though.

I agree.

Just drop hints have Diana mention the place but wait till her movie.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:40 PM   #30
Loki882
Side-Kick

They could have Themyscira cameo in the movie. For example, maybe have a flashback of the Amazons on Themyscira watching Zod's broadcast or the Battle in Metropolis through some kind of magical viewing device.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #31
John-An
Yahtzee!

Oh imagine two flashbacks one from Batman seeing you're not alone and the other one Amazons seeing the invasion. will be priceless.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:16 AM   #32
Steelsheen
Iconic

as big of a WW fan as i am (y'all old timers know how that is an understatement ) i think putting in Themyscira in the Supes/ Bats film would make things a little too crowded now? if they're not gonna make it inherent to the plot i would prefer that it be reserved for a WW movie/ tv series, its the one place that is just screaming Set Centerpiece and where the story should revolve around.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:37 AM   #33
CountOrlok
Banned User

Using Justice League:War as a model - they never showed Themyscira in that either, because it's a Justice League origin movie, not a Wonder Woman origin movie. They can just have a short introductory scene for the character, then have her go off and kick some ass.

CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #34
Loki882
Side-Kick

It wouldn't be "too crowded" if it's essentially just a quick cameo.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #35
Rorschach2012
$

Themyscira should be in this. It's Wonder Woman's first introduction. There should be a small scene or two on Themyscira for sure

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:54 PM   #36
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

Of course I am joking. I was just expressing my disappointment with how the DC Movieverse is being handled: Applying dark realism that only fits Batman to every superhero, the rumors of the Amazon's origins being connected to the Kryptonians, strange casting, throwing almost all characters into one film without the proper, one-film-per-character buildup...

DarthDorranceBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:34 AM   #37
Loki882
Side-Kick

1. "Dark realism" doesn't just fit Batman. It fits many (but certainly not all) characters.
2. That rumor about the Amazons has been debunked.
3. People here keep claiming that they want "outside the box" casting, that they don't want "safe" choices. Well, those people got their wish.
4. One film per character is ONE valid way to do it, but it's not the only one. Batman needs to film to introduce him or build him up. He just got three films to do that and everyone knows who he is and his origin stories. He can just show up. We also don't know exactly what WW's role will be in this movie.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:48 AM   #38
John-An
Yahtzee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
1. "Dark realism" doesn't just fit Batman. It fits many (but certainly not all) characters.
2. That rumor about the Amazons has been debunked.
3. People here keep claiming that they want "outside the box" casting, that they don't want "safe" choices. Well, those people got their wish.
4. One film per character is ONE valid way to do it, but it's not the only one. Batman needs to film to introduce him or build him up. He just got three films to do that and everyone knows who he is and his origin stories. He can just show up. We also don't know exactly what WW's role will be in this movie.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #39
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

If we do get a scenes on Themyscira at best I hope it's a couple only save the rest for the her solo film. So a scene with Diana and her mother and a few of the Amazons would suffice.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #40
Leevor
Side-Kick

As much as I'd like to see Themyscira, I'd prefer not in this movie. There should be hints and build-up to it, maybe a few artifacts here and there, so the audience can get excited to see Themyscira on-screen in the future, but the actual reveal should be saved for WW's solo movie.

Leevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:34 PM   #41
Rorschach2012
$

I want a couple of scenes on Themyscira at least. I think WW's origin should be gone over in this film, and I'd like to see a couple scenes of her on Themyscira deciding to come to Man's World

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #42
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevor View Post
As much as I'd like to see Themyscira, I'd prefer not in this movie. There should be hints and build-up to it, maybe a few artifacts here and there, so the audience can get excited to see Themyscira on-screen in the future, but the actual reveal should be saved for WW's solo movie.

I agree with you I was just saying if we did get Themyscira I hope it's not more than a scene or two.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #43
Leevor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
I agree with you I was just saying if we did get Themyscira I hope it's not more than a scene or two.
Haha, it wasn't a reply specifically for you, just my opinion in general.

I agree with you too though. A little sneak preview of what's to come is all that's needed.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #44
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I want a couple of scenes on Themyscira at least. I think WW's origin should be gone over in this film, and I'd like to see a couple scenes of her on Themyscira deciding to come to Man's World
There's a beautiful, and quite touching comic panel of Diana on Themyscira, walking along a pristine beach. She takes her boots off and stands in the water, looking out over the horizon in thought. Something like that, the horizon representing man's world, would be excellent.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #45
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There's a beautiful, and quite touching comic panel of Diana on Themyscira, walking along a pristine beach. She takes her boots off and stands in the water, looking out over the horizon in thought. Something like that, the horizon representing man's world, would be excellent.
Yeah I'm sure i've read that issue in the past. But that would be a beautiful scene to show in the film.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:05 AM   #46
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
A sort of Luke on Tatooine type thing?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:13 AM   #47
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
A sort of Luke on Tatooine type thing?
Good comparison.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:25 AM   #48
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Good comparison.
Diana should be chomping at the bit to get off the island and do something with all the training and power she is in possession of. See for me, the clay origin shows that despite her strange emergence into the world, her relationship with her mother mirrors many people's experience and it has a nice metaphor to it. Here is Hippolyta, looking to the Olympian Gods to grant her something impossible on an island of only women. She gets it and her child is also blessed by the gods with gifts beyond imagining, but even in this fantasy scenario Hippolyta still has to do the things every parent must. She has to let go of her child and assume that she has done her best to prepare her for her greater destiny beyond her home.

I guess I just prefer that over the inevitable "Daddy issues" this Zeus as pop story lends itself too. I mean... We've done the daddy thing so many times already with too many MALE heroes. Let Diana be something a little different.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:59 AM   #49
Leevor
Side-Kick

I was actually just reading Alex Ross' Justice and there was a scene where Hippolyta, cradling Diana's dead/dying body, reflects on how she believed the gods had sent her a child when they were actually sending the world a champion. Something I'd like to see.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:10 AM   #50
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevor View Post
I was actually just reading Alex Ross' Justice and there was a scene where Hippolyta, cradling Diana's dead/dying body, reflects on how she believed the gods had sent her a child when they were actually sending the world a champion. Something I'd like to see.
See, I'd like to see that as something reflected in a solo movie. That Hippolyta was told THAT was the bargain, because, again, it reflects the bargain all parents make. You get to experience the creation and molding of new life, but no matter how blessed you may feel the truth is that a child's proper destiny is to eventually leave the care and protection of their parents.

So to my mind Hippolyta is given this blessing, but the Olympian Pantheon, especially the goddesses, tell her that she is being given a child, but it is also her duty to train her as a champion/hero, like Hercules or Achilles, for a life of duty and danger in the outside world. She agrees but as the years go by she wants to keep Diana safe and away from "man's world". Hippolyta's lesson is to trust and have faith not in the will of the gods, but in the competency and judgment of her daughter.