The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #26
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Default Re: Madame Hydra in the MCU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
It's simple, though. Viper and Madame Hydra won't be the same character in the movie universe(s).

Both of the characters will be made different enough so that there is no confusion.
So you want to split Viper and Madame Hydra into two characters and put them into different movies? That sounds pointless at best and horribly confusing at worst. What would be the difference between Viper and Madame Hydra anyway, if its the same character twice with a different name, it seems really pointless to split the two.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #27
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
So you want to split Viper and Madame Hydra into two characters and put them into different movies? That sounds pointless at best and horribly confusing at worst. What would be the difference between Viper and Madame Hydra anyway, if its the same character twice with a different name, it seems really pointless to split the two.

Who would be confused? Definitely not anyone in the GA, especially for such an obscure character to start with. It won't be the same character in the MCU and Fox Universes. However pointless you may think it is, it's the easiest route to go unless the two studios somehow see eye-to-eye and choose to have her character be in both movies.

And I'm not saying what I want, I'm saying what the most logical outcome out of this situation will be.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #28
ctsketch
Side-Kick

madame hydra will have green hair first of all...be played by someone else and be named madame hydra....

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #29
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, I don't see the confusion at all. In fact, Wolverine's version of Viper doesn't even resemble the actual comic book character. If Marvel Studios chooses to do a Madam Hydra character, she'll most likely have her iconic green hair look.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #30
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

The green catsuit, though.

Maybe it'll be a green pantsuit. Pantsuit are much more evil.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #31
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, I don't see the confusion at all. In fact, Wolverine's version of Viper doesn't even resemble the actual comic book character. If Marvel Studios chooses to do a Madam Hydra character, she'll most likely have her iconic green hair look.
This.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #32
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Who would be confused? Definitely not anyone in the GA, especially for such an obscure character to start with. It won't be the same character in the MCU and Fox Universes. However pointless you may think it is, it's the easiest route to go unless the two studios somehow see eye-to-eye and choose to have her character be in both movies.

And I'm not saying what I want, I'm saying what the most logical outcome out of this situation will be.
That assuming Marvel bothers to use Madame Hydra, considering Red Skull is the leader of Hydra in the movies and he has almost nothing to do with them in the comics, they could have a bunch of characters who have nothing to do Hydra in the comics be Hydra agents in the movies. That makes more sense then trying to split Viper/Madame Hydra into two characters and put them in different movies. What would be the difference between Viper and Madame Hydra? It just seems silly to try to present her as two different characters and put her in two different movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
So the characters would be the same, but their hair color would different. How would their personalities be different, you are just taking about minor ascetics differences, not actual different characters. Heck, Viper is wearing a green body suit, so what would Madame Hydra wear? Plus green hair may not even look in live action.

Last edited by The Overlord; 04-02-2013 at 09:24 PM.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #33
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
That assuming Marvel bothers to use Madame Hydra, considering Red Skull is the leader of Hydra in the movies and he has almost nothing to do with them in the comics, they could have a bunch of characters who have nothing to do Hydra in the comics be Hydra agents in the movies. That makes more sense then trying to split Viper/Madame Hydra into two characters and put them in different movies. What would be the difference between Viper and Madame Hydra? It just seems silly to try to present her as two different characters and put her in two different movies.

Viper is (seemingly) a snakelike mutant, has blonde hair, uses toxins, is not connected to Hydra at all.

Madame Hydra will not be a mutant, will have black or green hair, won't use toxins, and will be connected to Hydra, also she will have never met Wolverine and will be connected to Cap's world instead.

They would not be the same characters in the movie universes.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #34
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I'm hoping that if Madame Hydra is in the MCU, she will have her classic Veronica Lake/ Jessica Rabbit hairstyle that covers her eye and one side of her face.

Also Madame Hydra is pretty important for any potential story with Spider-Woman.

I've said before that I'd like Madeleine Stowe for Madame Masque, but she could also work for Madame Hydra. She looks great for her age too and would play a great femme fatale.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #35
eva22
New User - Level 0

Th Cool Re: Madame Hydra in the MCU...

Kate Beckinsale is the best choice to play Madame Hydra if the studio wanted to bring her in she'd not only be a great villain for Chris Evans Captain America but she'd be a great foe for Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow to square off against!

eva22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #36
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva22 View Post
Kate Beckinsale is the best choice to play Madame Hydra if the studio wanted to bring her in she'd not only be a great villain for Chris Evans Captain America but she'd be a great foe for Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow to square off against!
Pulling up a year old thread to make your first post? Just reeks of a troll.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #37
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Pulling up a year old thread to make your first post? Just reeks of a troll.
why. someone wanted to post a casting choice for Madama Hydra in the MCU and a thread for it existed already.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:44 PM   #38
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
why. someone wanted to post a casting choice for Madama Hydra in the MCU and a thread for it existed already.
Just seems like a very random thing to post about when there's a lot more current news coming out.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #39
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Just seems like a very random thing to post about when there's a lot more current news coming out.
I agree. but maybe the reasons for that are more personal for the poster? maybe the poster is a fan of Beckinsale and just wants her to join the MCU, thought hard about it and came to the conclusion that Hydra would be the best choice for him, then wanted to share his thoughts. Or the poster is obsessed with the character Madame Hydra and wants to see her done justice in the movies. I've seen weirder stuff on this boards.
But I wouldn't call it trolling. Thread necromancy, maybe. But trolling? No.
Trolling would be me going to the MoS boards and sharing my opinion on this... film.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #40
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Or maybe he's lurked as a guest for so long, found this thread and thought it was such a good idea, noticed it wasn't posted and wanted to share.

Or maybe we're wasting time speculating?

Bottom line, who cares? If he is a troll, we're to blame now, because we're feeding him. So I'm just going to slowly walk away into another thread and forget this happened.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #41
Ant-manic
Banned User

they need an actress with crazy-eyes.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #42
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

I actually imagined something similar to the look of The Baroness in GI Joe The Rise of Cobra, with a few obvious tweaks: green tint to the suit, more menacing, etc.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Obviously it wouldn't look exactly the same, and the belt buckle has to go.

Regardless, I think you get the point.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #43
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I definitely want Madame Viper to have the Veronica Lake/ Jessica Rabbit peekaboo hairstyle. It's iconic to her.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #44
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

IMO Svetlana Khodchenkova kind of got shafted by the snake lady interpretation of Viper. I can see her being a great Madame Hydra.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #45
Loki882
Side-Kick

I was one of the few who seemed to like Viper in that movie. I thought that she was entertaining and them making her a Mutant didn't bother me (neither did them making Yukio a Mutant for that matter). What I didn't get is why they had Viper, who is Eastern European in the comics, and cast a Russian actress to play her, and then made her an American and had the actress do an American accent. That was puzzling to me. Anyway, I'd love to see Madame Hydra in the MCU, perhaps as Baron von Strucker's second in command. As others have said, it'd be pretty easy to differentiate her from Fox's Viper so that's not really an issue. Personally, I'd like to see Antje Traue play her.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote