The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 03-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #476
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: The Winter Soldier Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvar10 View Post
Still no WS character poster? I can't believe Robert Redford gets one but the title character hasn't yet
Well they're saving the bat for last

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #477
Bren
Forevernoob

It seems they're saving him........ For the movie hehe

Old 03-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #478
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I wonder if Bucky will have a flashback to the train sequence (like a repressed nightmare) but with a twist ?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8DleHeqxTU

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #479
Minxie
Side-Kick

^^^
I'm wondering about that too. Mostly about what they're going to do with the flashbacks, if they're going to be artistically shot flashes or just straight forward scenes playing out from start to finish. I'd love it if there was a sequence of Steve remembering Bucky doing the 'dirty work' for him like in the comics. Even if we don't see actual flashbacks I hope Steve talks about it, with Natasha or Sam or someone.

I'm really curious to see how the movie is going to tease the Winter Soldier's identity (before revealing it outright, I mean). I know there's a good chance Steve finds out in the middle of that fist/knife fight when I'm guessing Bucky's mask comes off but it occurs to me that there'd have to be flashbacks or even just allusions to Bucky that happen earlier in the film so that the unmasking moment isn't completely out of the blue (from a storytelling perspective that is). Basically I think the movie would need to show Bucky's face (either through the flashbacks or in old photographs) so that when Steve recognizes the Winter Soldier the audience does too. Because I'm sure a lot of people who're going to see this aren't comic readers and/or may not even remember Bucky from the first film.

Minxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:37 PM   #480
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

ok see here Watch how it was done in Avengers: Earth's Mightest Hero episode : Winter Soldier
http://www.vplay.ro/watch/ra3q5iqu/

Old 03-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #481
dark_knight08
May 6, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Winter Soldier looks perfect in every detail.
After hearing that Sebastian Stan did research on the Cold War and KBG, I am confident he is going to do well.

dark_knight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:45 AM   #482
MysticRain
Side-Kick

He also talked growing up in Romania during the communist era. He lived in Germany for a few years as well so i'm sure he knows some German. Might be very handy if they go for WS being Hydra/German influence route. Then again, Red Skull never speaks any German in the film.

I have no doubt they'll include flashbacks. Didnt Stan confirm this?

MysticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #483
SharpTeeth
Side-Kick

He did

SharpTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #484
MysticRain
Side-Kick

WS has beeen looking so insanely awesome in trailers and photos.

To hold my excitment, I'm thinking about watching some of Sebastian's tv works this month. I have Netflix. So I'll re-watch his eps of ONCE and the mini series Political Animals. I might even attempt to watch Gossip Girls, maybe not Any Stan fans have other suggestion?

Old 03-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #485
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

BEHOLD THE WINTER SOLDIER POSTER!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #486
MysticRain
Side-Kick

^Finally!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #487
Tvar10
I aim to misbehave...

It's about time. Save the best for last

Tvar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #488
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRain View Post
WS has beeen looking so insanely awesome in trailers and photos.

To hold my excitment, I'm thinking about watching some of Sebastian's tv works this month. I have Netflix. So I'll re-watch his eps of ONCE and the mini series Political Animals. I might even attempt to watch Gossip Girls, maybe not Any Stan fans have other suggestion?

KINGS!! KINGS KINGS KINGS! That's what started me on the twisty gay-angsty path that is Sebastian Stan's career (he tends to have a very specific niche of gay spoiled men who feel entitled to more LOL!). It's about 14 episodes of a prematurely cancelled NBC show, with Ian McShane as his father and they have some crazy intense scenes. SS is absolutely a wonder in the series though. So spoiled

Also, he did an excellent turn as Jefferson the Mad Hatter on Once Upon a Time for a few episodes. He basically has chemistry with EVERYONE in that cast.

As for movies? Hmm… he's kind of had Chris' career path of doing crappy movies but being really good in them. For just a completely "WTF was that that I just watched?" experience, you can give The Covenant a try. He plays a warlock and has some hilarious lines.

Also, of course, there's Hot Tub Time Machine, which is pretty legit hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
BEHOLD THE WINTER SOLDIER POSTER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvar10 View Post
It's about time. Save the best for last
It's just so… perfect. And wonderful.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #489
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Bad. Ass.
(and to the widow-in-avengers-poster complainers, notice the male buttshot once again... *above pun not intended)

I really hope Bucky's stock goes up in the comics because of this too
He's faded a bit since his days as Cap

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #490
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Poor Bucky! His poster has the butt-shot, side-boob view, sexy over-the-shoulder stare, wind-blown hair like a shampoo commercial, plus he's just standing there looking lame instead of being in an action pose. Stupid sexist Marvel!

Seriously, though, great poster. And that butt-shot is sexy, though I prefer Chris Evans' booty myself.

Last edited by xeno000; 03-05-2014 at 01:24 PM.
xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #491
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Poor Bucky! His poster has the butt-shot, side-boob view, sexy over-the-shoulder stare, wind-blown hair like a shampoo commercial, plus he's just standing there looking lame instead of being in an action pose. Stupid sexist Marvel!

Seriously, though, great poster. And that butt-shot is sexy, though I prefer Chris Evans' booty myself.
Not to mention that he's carrying a very long rifle.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #492
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

HOW DARE THEY OBJECTIFY HIM!! Hello gratuitous shirtless scene in the trailer!

Gotta love Marvel's subversion here. It is a great poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
METAPHOR!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #493
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
**trying so desperately to keep my mouth shut**

Screw it.

I wouldn't mind handling that rifle

**slinks back into the gutter**

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #494
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Bad. Ass.
(and to the widow-in-avengers-poster complainers, notice the male buttshot once again... *above pun not intended)

I really hope Bucky's stock goes up in the comics because of this too
He's faded a bit since his days as Cap
Yeah. Bucky's tenure as Captain America during the Brubaker run was the only period I ever bought the title monthly, so I definitely have something of a soft spot for the character, and would like to see more done with him. Maybe we'll get another Winter Soldier series down the line?

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #495
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

So guys, so far what do you think the popularity of The Winter Soldier will be like? Will he be well-received, do you think the audience will be indifferent, or do you think they will find him lackluster?

I for think think he looks pretty cool. He's got a full-mask he wears, other times he's got one that covers his nose and mouth, and sometimes he just has that black eyeliner on. I like when his nose and mouth are covered, makes him look cooler in my opinion.

Haven't heard him speak, but we all know he does speak. This movie is gonna be so beast. It has so much going for it, and from what TeeKay and others have said the movie is superbly entertaining.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #496
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

In terms of reception, depending on how he's handled, I think The Winter Soldier has the potential to become the MCU's next breakout villain/anti-hero after Loki. He's like Anton Chigurh with killer fight moves and a metal arm.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #497
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Yeah. Bucky's tenure as Captain America during the Brubaker run was the only period I ever bought the title monthly, so I definitely have something of a soft spot for the character, and would like to see more done with him. Maybe we'll get another Winter Soldier series down the line?
I enjoyed his time as CA since it was completely different than with Steve Rogers in there. You could feel the burden the CA mantle placed on Bucky and trying to live up to Steve's legacy. Him seeking atonement for his actions as WS added another layer of depth that easily could have been glossed over by a sub-par writer.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #498
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I enjoyed his time as CA since it was completely different than with Steve Rogers in there. You could feel the burden the CA mantle placed on Bucky and trying to live up to Steve's legacy. Him seeking atonement for his actions as WS added another layer of depth that easily could have been glossed over by a sub-par writer.
I'd like to read Bucky as Cap, but not sure where to start and where it ends. Is Cap even alive anymore in 616? What of Bucky?

And yeah, Bucky and Cap are so interesting and so natural because they are just source material; they were never meant to be what they are today, unlike Iron Man or Thor and others. Cap and Bucky were tools of propaganda from WWII, which is a unique source to start writing about a superhero from.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #499
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
I'd like to read Bucky as Cap, but not sure where to start and where it ends. Is Cap even alive anymore in 616? What of Bucky?

And yeah, Bucky and Cap are so interesting and so natural because they are just source material; they were never meant to be what they are today, unlike Iron Man or Thor and others. Cap and Bucky were tools of propaganda from WWII, which is a unique source to start writing about a superhero from.
How do you not know they're both alive?

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #500
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
How do you not know they're both alive?
I've never picked up a comic book in my life.

Maybe the funny papers in a newspaper, or a little comic strip on the side of a milk carton.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. During middle school, I checked out a book that was a collection of comics; it included Namor, Cap, and the Human Torch issues and I really liked all three of them. But I've tried to read a digital comic before but... well, I won;t get into my dislike for comics in general. A while ago, my dad traded this guy a trailer for a bunch of comic books; I think I organized them cause we were going to sell them, but my dad didn't want to sell expensive ones (he wants to get them priced first).

EDIT: But no, I did not read any of those comics either. If I had to guess I'd say they were in excess of 3000+ comics.

Last edited by TJByrum; 03-05-2014 at 09:37 PM.
TJByrum is offline   Reply With Quote