The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 03-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #26
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Only by necessity
SW should most definitely be a leading role, Hill's role should be expanded, and at least one superheroine should be seeded (either Ms Marvel or Jocasta could be done)
The problem with SW, to me at least, has always been her power set.Even after years of reading comics i still don't fully understand how her power works lol

MS marvel is a given. Marvel NEEDS to do this. The sooner the better.Before DC comes up with WW movie.

But for now, they need to further build on BW. They already gives her this much exposure, screentime and she'd be the first female superhero on the big screen that has a lgitimate chance for success...it would be foolish to put a break on that to start shifting the focus on other female casts IMO.

Further build on BW, while start introducing other potential heroines, that's the best way to do it. In time, everybody will get their time in the spotlight.

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #27
Ant-manic
Banned User

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
....recast!
where will be find another pregnant woman, at this hour?

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #28
Three_Inches
Side-Kick

Sooo, can a man get some BW gifs from the newest TV spots?!

Three_Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #29
LEOZZTT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_Inches View Post
Sooo, can a man get some BW gifs from the newest TV spots?!

LEOZZTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #30
Three_Inches
Side-Kick

Thanks! Man I can't wait to see Nat go one on one with WS.

Three_Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #31
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOZZTT View Post

Baby launcher to the face!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #32
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I like how she got pregnant and didn't bother to announce it to the world until months later.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #33
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Nice to see the evolution of her overall look throughout the MCU:

And the shield protecting seems to be becoming a more closer thing.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #34
BoredGuy
Killing Time

still liked the IM2 hair the best, she looked sexxyy
avengers was too mom-ish and cap2 is too wig-ish

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #35
Loki882
Side-Kick

The IM 2 hair was actually my least favorite. BOTH her Avengers and TWS hair make her look older/more professional. When I think of BW, looking sexy is not #1 on my list of attributes (though it is on the list somewhere). Looking capable, badass, professional, convincing, etc are much more important.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #36
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I like how she got pregnant and didn't bother to announce it to the world until months later.
That's because her private life is none of the world's business.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #37
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
That's because her private life is none of the world's business.
True, though I see it as her actually living like a normal person. Plenty of these famous people set themselves up on purpose to have their pics and business in the news.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 PM   #38
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So assuming if I read things correctly, Natasha had been involved with bucky and possibly Clint, while possibly having romantic attachments to falcon and, later, steve

Damn.lol

Old 03-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #39
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Dude… that maybe should've been under a spoiler cut? If that's from one of the novelizations that just came out?????

'Cuz that's the first I'm seeing about that.

Anyways, can we talk about how I want to marry Natasha after watching that 4 mins. preview and have all of her kung fu spider BAMF babies? She was funny and kickass, very much like the Avengers, but her fighting was even more souped up.

Dude, I mean… dude.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #40
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Dude… that maybe should've been under a spoiler cut? If that's from one of the novelizations that just came out?????

Anyways, can we talk about how I want to marry Natasha after watching that 4 mins. preview and have all of her kung fu spider BAMF babies? She was funny and kickass, very much like the Avengers, but her fighting was even more souped up.

Dude, I mean… dude.
Actually it's from the 60 things u need to know about tws article

Old 03-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #41
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post

Dude, I mean… dude.
It's from the 60 Things to Know About Captain America: The Winter Soldier piece.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It's mentioned Mackie introduces BW as a love interest and Fury as a father figure to his performance.

Huddsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #42
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Sorry about that I'm wondering though if those things should be under a cut though, just because I hadn't planned on reading that one, but oh well…

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #43
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Given whats going on at WB/DC, is anyone really concerned with WW overshadowing Ms Marvel or any other female hero?

I hope we get Carol Danvers (and BP) ASAP, but MS isnt sweating over what WB is up to. Even less so once this film drops.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #44
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I wish we could vote down posts. Terrible.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #45
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddsy View Post
It's from the 60 Things to Know About Captain America: The Winter Soldier piece.

It's mentioned Mackie introduces BW as a love interest and Fury as a father figure to his performance.
From how he was saying it and knowing Mackie's sense of humor, it sounds like he was doing some BSing there about him and BW being an item.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #46
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

New featurette about BW and her character in TWS:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #47
HamBone
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
From how he was saying it and knowing Mackie's sense of humor, it sounds like he was doing some BSing there about him and BW being an item.
Yeah based on his quote shown in the Falcon thread, it's all in his head, lol.

HamBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #48
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The IM 2 hair was actually my least favorite. BOTH her Avengers and TWS hair make her look older/more professional. When I think of BW, looking sexy is not #1 on my list of attributes (though it is on the list somewhere). Looking capable, badass, professional, convincing, etc are much more important.
This. Now, if only I could decide which outfit I like the most. It's probably only difficult because there's only tiny tiny differences.

That being said, I think she looks great in the 4 minute preview. She looks agile yet powerful, though that could be just as much Scarjo's continuous physical training at work as it is how they adjust the fitting of her costume. Of course since it's a catsuit, she looks stunning in it, but yeah that should only be a secondary aspect of her costume design.

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #49
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddsy View Post

Yeah it's not a spoiler. It's just Collider reading too much into Mackie talking about his method for creating his character. It will never be mentioned or depicted in the film, I can about guarantee it.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #50
ironman_rick
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
still liked the IM2 hair the best, she looked sexxyy
avengers was too mom-ish and cap2 is too wig-ish
yeah....she really has to sport longer hair (to the waist for me) ... She will look absolutely hot