The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

View Poll Results: BTAS Batman or Nolan Batman
BTAS Batman 67 81.71%
Nolan Batman 15 18.29%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #201
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,174
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

If executed properly, that moment would be hilarious in live action.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #202
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,308
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

If they can make Joker dressed in drag as a female nurse work in TDK, they could make a rocket Christmas tree escape work.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #203
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,037
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

I chortled at the aweful lawfuls.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #204
milost
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,005
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Those cardboard cut outs of Batman, Robin, Dent, Gordon, Bullock, Mayor Hill and the rest of the GCPD is fantastic. Also "Laughy the elf", his little sock puppet.

"Grrr where's that Batfella and that Robinfella, ooooh they're gonna spoil my Christmas. What's the matta, can't they figure anything out? Time's up, I'm rubbin' everybody out at midnight."

milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #205
Mutante
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 111
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
If they can make Joker dressed in drag as a female nurse work in TDK, they could make a rocket Christmas tree escape work.
Yes, because those two have the same exact implications.

Mutante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #206
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,037
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

If Joker can rig a hospital, he can make a rocket Christmas tree.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #207
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,308
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutante View Post
Yes, because those two have the same exact implications.
No more than the Tumbler driving on rooftops, or the Bat-Pod coming out of it.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #208
Mutante
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 111
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
No more than the Tumbler driving on rooftops, or the Bat-Pod coming out of it.
Well, the roof scene is plausible, depending on the particular characteristics of that enviroment. The Bat-Pod coming out of the tumbler simply represents an advanced state of technology. Seems impossible to you, but a lot of what we have today seemed impossible 50 years ago, so i don´t really get your point.

What´s plausible about The Joker scene? The man uses a rocket as a vehicle. If you can´t see how dumb and absurd that is, no matter how you twist it, there´s not much i can tell ya.

Mutante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #209
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,308
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutante View Post
Well, the roof scene is plausible, depending on the particular characteristics of that enviroment.
So is a rocket inside a Christmas tree.

Quote:
The Bat-Pod coming out of the tumbler simply represents an advanced state of technology. Seems impossible to you, but a lot of what we have today seemed impossible 50 years ago, so i don´t really get your point.
You just admitted it represents an advanced state of tech we don't have, and you don't get my point.

Rethink that one.

Quote:
What´s plausible about The Joker scene? The man uses a rocket as a vehicle. If you can´t see how dumb and absurd that is, no matter how you twist it, there´s not much i can tell ya.
We have actual rocket based vehicle technology in the real world, too. The fact that a miniaturized one is placed inside a giant Christmas tree seems too incredible for you is what is really unbelievable.

You defend a Batcycle coming out of a tank, but you can't imagine a rocket inside a Christmas tree. Hilarious.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-06-2014 at 03:00 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #210
Mutante
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 111
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
So is a rocket inside a Christmas tree.
As goofy as it sounds, the problem is not the rocket being inside the tree.

Quote:
You just admitted it represents an advanced state of tech we don't have, and you don't get my point.

Rethink that one.
I think you´re the one who doesn´t get the point.

Mutante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #211
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,767
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Reading the past 5 pages, I'm convinced Mutante is a formerly banned member trying to rile up the Batboards; it's just too much going in circles, from the defenses, the logic, the dislikes; it all just fits a stereotype of a Nolanite.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #212
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,651
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Most Nolanites were a bit more cogent, back in their heyday.

__________________
Difficult, difficult, lemon-difficult.
regwec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #213
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,905
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Nolan made me a fan but Animated Series was on the whole better, setting up how American Cartoons should be like from then on and is a true masterpiece. Nolan's Batman movies are good and have set a standard for other blockbusters to follow, but they're not as perfect as some fans would lead you to believe.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #214
Mutante
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 111
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
it's just too much going in circles, from the defenses, the logic, the dislikes; it all just fits a stereotype of a Nolanite.
You know, this is a discussion board and i´m presenting valid arguments. I know that, to many people, it would be much nicer to be able to say whatever they want without someone challenging their word. But the same way some members can come in here to say how much better BTAS is than Nolanverse, i can do the opposite. Or in this forum you´re only allowed to defend comics, cartoons and anything unrelated to Chris Nolan? If i defend Chris Nolan the same way others defend BTAS, i´m a Nolanite? I fail to see the logic behind your train of thought.

Plus, i´m not offending anyone.

Mutante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #215
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,905
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutante View Post
Of course it´s unrealistic. But it´s faithful to that universe´s pre-established rules. And those rules tell us that Bruce as access to technology that doesn´t exist in our world.



You´re purposely misinterpretating what i said.



Because it goes against the rules of that world. In that world humans are still mortal. They don´t have super powers. That´s why Batman saves them. Why should Joker be able to do something like that? That´s fantasy, but it´s a bad form of fantasy. A contraditory one. You can make fantasy without being illogical.
It's an animated tv show that celebrates various genres and the best from episodic animation, mixes Looney Toones and Noir in a way, if that makes sence, so it doesn't go against any rules, from episode 1 we are shown that this is a serious world where the bizarre can happen, and those events are told in a very human way.

I think the western audience is just way too serious with "realism", in Japan for example, One Piece is a true best-seller and it just focuses on telling good and fun stories, that end up being deeper and more complex than it seemed ar first sight. Batman: The Animated Series is a masterpiece in its oun right, i think you're just trying to put the usual standards into something that shouldn't be evaluated that way.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #216
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,767
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutante View Post
You know, this is a discussion board and i´m presenting valid arguments.
No, you're not. You keep bringing up something being stupid, also calling anything silly, unbelievable, unrealistic, rule breaking of the given rules for the world stupid, yet turning a blind eye whenever someone brings up the Nolan trilogy doing the same thing. Add on to the fact that you keep minimizing posts to answer the first question in said post, deleting the poster's name from the quote for some reason, and then continuing to go back in circles to the next poster making a comment.

You're not discussing anything, and I never said you were offending anyone, you're just very suspiciously acting troll-like and baiting for a debate.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #217
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends
 
ganon51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 395
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Reading the past 5 pages, I'm convinced Mutante is a formerly banned member trying to rile up the Batboards; it's just too much going in circles, from the defenses, the logic, the dislikes; it all just fits a stereotype of a Nolanite.
I hate Nolanites

ganon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #218
Mutante
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 111
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
No, you're not. You keep bringing up something being stupid, also calling anything silly, unbelievable, unrealistic, rule breaking of the given rules for the world stupid, yet turning a blind eye whenever someone brings up the Nolan trilogy doing the same thing.

You're not discussing anything.
You´re wrong. I´m justifying every single of my arguments. You don´t like them, but i also don´t see you presenting any valid counterargument. You´re the one not discussing anything. You´re the one coming to this thread just to make a personal attack. I´m discussing a subject but you´re just labeling me for having a different opinion than you.

Mutante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #219
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,038
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
If executed properly, that moment would be hilarious in live action.
Agreed. Context is key. But it would have to be adapted differently for film.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #220
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,767
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Not at all. One of your first responses to an unbelievable scene in the movie where Batman falls with Rachel onto a car is his cape made them not die, someone rightfully said that wasn't true and then you tried to go into a rant saying we don't have the information on the cape to know it can't work that way.

And all of this started with a rocket Christmas tree, which is still a lot more realistic and believeable than a poor Bruce Wayne miraculously healing his back getting back to Gotham, setting up fire Bat-signals; And it's even more realistic than Joker's over-lapping Jigsaw like plans from a bomb inside a henchmen to explosives on ferries.

There are portions that are good in the Nolan movies, but stop trying to act like anyone proving you wrong means they're just disagreeing with you on your opinion.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #221
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends
 
ganon51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 395
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Not at all. One of your first responses to an unbelievable scene in the movie where Batman falls with Rachel onto a car is his cape made them not die, someone rightfully said that wasn't true and then you tried to go into a rant saying we don't have the information on the cape to know it can't work that way.

And all of this started with a rocket Christmas tree, which is still a lot more realistic and believeable than a poor Bruce Wayne miraculously healing his back getting back to Gotham, setting up fire Bat-signals; And it's even more realistic than Joker's over-lapping Jigsaw like plans from a bomb inside a henchmen to explosives on ferries.

There are portions that are good in the Nolan movies, but stop trying to act like anyone proving you wrong means they're just disagreeing with you on your opinion.
So beautiful



But seriously I'm also getting really tired of my argument with Mutante as well

ganon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #222
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,452
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutante View Post
Just because it happens many times doesn´t make it less stupid. We´re comparing a cartoon to a movie, right? So the cartoon should be subjected to the same kind of criticism, otherwise, what´s the point?

People complain about the excess of conveniences, leaps of logic and poorly explained events in movies. Well, BTAS has all that in triple. If such a thing is considered a bad thing in film, it should also be considered a bad thing in a cartoon like this too. We are, after all, comparing the two, right?



Yes, much more ridiculous. And it´s even more ridiculous if you consider the fact that he escaped without a scratch. And if you think the two come even close to be comparable, you´re so blindly biased that i don´t think we should continue this discussion.

Joker not dying in TDK is simply a convenience that doesn´t violate any unchallengeable
rule. Of course, a person could die from a situation like that. But can we be 100% sure of that? No, we can´t. It´s one of those things that can either go wrong or bad.

But how does a man grabs himself to a rocket christmas tree and confortably flyes to wherever he wants, breaking through the roof, without falling, being seriously injured or dying right away? I don´t think that´s physically or humanly possible.

I honestly would like to see something like this happening in a Batman movie, just to see how many people would consider it great.
I see what you're saying but this is the key..

You say it's not humanly possible. You're right. But it's a cartoon, so everything is not humanly possible. It has nothing to do with humans. They are cartoon characters. So nothing needs to be realistic. Not a single thing. You can still hate it, and i would agree with you that it would be silly as hell in a live-action movie. But that moment (depending on how it's executed) would either make me laugh or facepalm. But it's not a live-action movie so you can enjoy things that are silly, fantastical, fun, whatever it may be.

Despite its adult themes once in a while, it's still a kid's show. Anybody who says otherwise is in denial. It's a cartoon made in the early 90s targeting children, and every once in a while they throw in something for the hardcore bat-fans or even the teenage/adult audience. They throw them a bone.

Not everything is good from BTAS. A lot of the people in this thread who are telling you to be quiet are hypocrites because they have no problem dissing the hell out of the Nolanverse but when you tell them that you love BTAS yet you find certain things horrible, guess what? They cant take the heat.

If that moment happened in live-action, half of the people would say it's cheesy and terrible. The other half would find it hilarious and awesome.

But i might have to disagree with your point overall because i see it as a cartoon from my childhood. It's animation and it's not some R-Rated version where they have no limitations, so Joker can escape in a much better way. They went for the fun route instead with that scene, which lines up well with the tone.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #223
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,905
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
No, you're not. You keep bringing up something being stupid, also calling anything silly, unbelievable, unrealistic, rule breaking of the given rules for the world stupid, yet turning a blind eye whenever someone brings up the Nolan trilogy doing the same thing. Add on to the fact that you keep minimizing posts to answer the first question in said post, deleting the poster's name from the quote for some reason, and then continuing to go back in circles to the next poster making a comment.

You're not discussing anything, and I never said you were offending anyone, you're just very suspiciously acting troll-like and baiting for a debate.
I don't think he's making that on purpose, it seems more like he doesn't know of the quote button on the right of each post

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #224
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends
 
ganon51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 395
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I see what you're saying but this is the key..

You say it's not humanly possible. You're right. But it's a cartoon, so everything is not humanly possible. It has nothing to do with humans. They are cartoon characters. So nothing needs to be realistic. Not a single thing. You can still hate it, and i would agree with you that it would be silly as hell in a live-action movie. But that moment (depending on how it's executed) would either make me laugh or facepalm. But it's not a live-action movie so you can enjoy things that are silly, fantastical, fun, whatever it may be.

Despite its adult themes once in a while, it's still a kid's show. Anybody who says otherwise is in denial. It's a cartoon made in the early 90s targeting children, and every once in a while they throw in something for the hardcore bat-fans or even the teenage/adult audience. They throw them a bone.

Not everything is good from BTAS. A lot of the people in this thread who are telling you to be quiet are hypocrites because they have no problem dissing the hell out of the Nolanverse but when you tell them that you love BTAS yet you find certain things horrible, guess what? They cant take the heat.

If that moment happened in live-action, half of the people would say it's cheesy and terrible. The other half would find it hilarious and awesome.

But i might have to disagree with your point overall because i see it as a cartoon from my childhood. It's animation and it's not some R-Rated version where they have no limitations, so Joker can escape in a much better way. They went for the fun route instead with that scene, which lines up well with the tone.
How am I a hypocrite??

ganon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #225
Mutante
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 111
Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Not at all. One of your first responses to an unbelievable scene in the movie where Batman falls with Rachel onto a car is his cape made them not die, someone rightfully said that wasn't true and then you tried to go into a rant saying we don't have the information on the cape to know it can't work that way.
And in what way am i wrong? Do you have the necessary information to assess how that piece of equipment can or cannot work? Aren´t we led to believe in Batman Begins that the cape has also that function? Isn´t the cape part of a fictional world where more advanced technology exists? Doesn´t Batman do the same thing in basically every medium? So, i don´t see the problem.

Quote:
And all of this started with a rocket Christmas tree, which is still a lot more realistic and believeable than a poor Bruce Wayne miraculously healing his back getting back to Gotham
Care to explain how a man using a Rocket that size as a vehicle to go to wherever he wants without any sort of setback is more realistic than healing an injury in X-months?


Quote:
There are portions that are good in the Nolan movies, but stop trying to act like anyone proving you wrong means they're just disagreeing with you on your opinion.
i´m doing that? I´m simply responding objectively to this subject. You´re the one who started with the personal remarks. You´re the one who entered the thread to attack me instead of discussing the subject.


Last edited by Mutante; 03-06-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Mutante is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.