Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

View Poll Results: BTAS Batman or Nolan Batman
BTAS Batman 70 77.78%
Nolan Batman 20 22.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #201
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

If executed properly, that moment would be hilarious in live action.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #202
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

If they can make Joker dressed in drag as a female nurse work in TDK, they could make a rocket Christmas tree escape work.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #203
Victarion
Cut

I chortled at the aweful lawfuls.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #204
milost
Banned User

Those cardboard cut outs of Batman, Robin, Dent, Gordon, Bullock, Mayor Hill and the rest of the GCPD is fantastic. Also "Laughy the elf", his little sock puppet.

"Grrr where's that Batfella and that Robinfella, ooooh they're gonna spoil my Christmas. What's the matta, can't they figure anything out? Time's up, I'm rubbin' everybody out at midnight."

milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #205
Mutante
Banned User

Quote:
If they can make Joker dressed in drag as a female nurse work in TDK, they could make a rocket Christmas tree escape work.
Yes, because those two have the same exact implications.

Mutante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #206
Victarion
Cut

If Joker can rig a hospital, he can make a rocket Christmas tree.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #207
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutante View Post
Yes, because those two have the same exact implications.
No more than the Tumbler driving on rooftops, or the Bat-Pod coming out of it.

- The Joker
Old 03-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #208
Mutante
Banned User

Quote:
No more than the Tumbler driving on rooftops, or the Bat-Pod coming out of it.
Well, the roof scene is plausible, depending on the particular characteristics of that enviroment. The Bat-Pod coming out of the tumbler simply represents an advanced state of technology. Seems impossible to you, but a lot of what we have today seemed impossible 50 years ago, so i donīt really get your point.

Whatīs plausible about The Joker scene? The man uses a rocket as a vehicle. If you canīt see how dumb and absurd that is, no matter how you twist it, thereīs not much i can tell ya.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #209
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Well, the roof scene is plausible, depending on the particular characteristics of that enviroment.
So is a rocket inside a Christmas tree.

Quote:
The Bat-Pod coming out of the tumbler simply represents an advanced state of technology. Seems impossible to you, but a lot of what we have today seemed impossible 50 years ago, so i donīt really get your point.
You just admitted it represents an advanced state of tech we don't have, and you don't get my point.

Rethink that one.

Quote:
Whatīs plausible about The Joker scene? The man uses a rocket as a vehicle. If you canīt see how dumb and absurd that is, no matter how you twist it, thereīs not much i can tell ya.
We have actual rocket based vehicle technology in the real world, too. The fact that a miniaturized one is placed inside a giant Christmas tree seems too incredible for you is what is really unbelievable.

You defend a Batcycle coming out of a tank, but you can't imagine a rocket inside a Christmas tree. Hilarious.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-06-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #210
Mutante
Banned User

Quote:
So is a rocket inside a Christmas tree.
As goofy as it sounds, the problem is not the rocket being inside the tree.

Quote:
You just admitted it represents an advanced state of tech we don't have, and you don't get my point.

Rethink that one.
I think youīre the one who doesnīt get the point.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #211
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Reading the past 5 pages, I'm convinced Mutante is a formerly banned member trying to rile up the Batboards; it's just too much going in circles, from the defenses, the logic, the dislikes; it all just fits a stereotype of a Nolanite.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #212
regwec
Shakespearo

Most Nolanites were a bit more cogent, back in their heyday.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #213
Lord
All Mighty

Nolan made me a fan but Animated Series was on the whole better, setting up how American Cartoons should be like from then on and is a true masterpiece. Nolan's Batman movies are good and have set a standard for other blockbusters to follow, but they're not as perfect as some fans would lead you to believe.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #214
Mutante
Banned User

Quote:
it's just too much going in circles, from the defenses, the logic, the dislikes; it all just fits a stereotype of a Nolanite.
You know, this is a discussion board and iīm presenting valid arguments. I know that, to many people, it would be much nicer to be able to say whatever they want without someone challenging their word. But the same way some members can come in here to say how much better BTAS is than Nolanverse, i can do the opposite. Or in this forum youīre only allowed to defend comics, cartoons and anything unrelated to Chris Nolan? If i defend Chris Nolan the same way others defend BTAS, iīm a Nolanite? I fail to see the logic behind your train of thought.

Plus, iīm not offending anyone.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #215
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Of course itīs unrealistic. But itīs faithful to that universeīs pre-established rules. And those rules tell us that Bruce as access to technology that doesnīt exist in our world.

Youīre purposely misinterpretating what i said.

Because it goes against the rules of that world. In that world humans are still mortal. They donīt have super powers. Thatīs why Batman saves them. Why should Joker be able to do something like that? Thatīs fantasy, but itīs a bad form of fantasy. A contraditory one. You can make fantasy without being illogical.
It's an animated tv show that celebrates various genres and the best from episodic animation, mixes Looney Toones and Noir in a way, if that makes sence, so it doesn't go against any rules, from episode 1 we are shown that this is a serious world where the bizarre can happen, and those events are told in a very human way.

I think the western audience is just way too serious with "realism", in Japan for example, One Piece is a true best-seller and it just focuses on telling good and fun stories, that end up being deeper and more complex than it seemed ar first sight. Batman: The Animated Series is a masterpiece in its oun right, i think you're just trying to put the usual standards into something that shouldn't be evaluated that way.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #216
Majik1387

Quote:
You know, this is a discussion board and iīm presenting valid arguments.
No, you're not. You keep bringing up something being stupid, also calling anything silly, unbelievable, unrealistic, rule breaking of the given rules for the world stupid, yet turning a blind eye whenever someone brings up the Nolan trilogy doing the same thing. Add on to the fact that you keep minimizing posts to answer the first question in said post, deleting the poster's name from the quote for some reason, and then continuing to go back in circles to the next poster making a comment.

You're not discussing anything, and I never said you were offending anyone, you're just very suspiciously acting troll-like and baiting for a debate.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #217
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Reading the past 5 pages, I'm convinced Mutante is a formerly banned member trying to rile up the Batboards; it's just too much going in circles, from the defenses, the logic, the dislikes; it all just fits a stereotype of a Nolanite.
I hate Nolanites

ganon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #218
Mutante
Banned User

Quote:
No, you're not. You keep bringing up something being stupid, also calling anything silly, unbelievable, unrealistic, rule breaking of the given rules for the world stupid, yet turning a blind eye whenever someone brings up the Nolan trilogy doing the same thing.

You're not discussing anything.
Youīre wrong. Iīm justifying every single of my arguments. You donīt like them, but i also donīt see you presenting any valid counterargument. Youīre the one not discussing anything. Youīre the one coming to this thread just to make a personal attack. Iīm discussing a subject but youīre just labeling me for having a different opinion than you.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #219
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
If executed properly, that moment would be hilarious in live action.
Agreed. Context is key. But it would have to be adapted differently for film.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #220
Majik1387

Not at all. One of your first responses to an unbelievable scene in the movie where Batman falls with Rachel onto a car is his cape made them not die, someone rightfully said that wasn't true and then you tried to go into a rant saying we don't have the information on the cape to know it can't work that way.

And all of this started with a rocket Christmas tree, which is still a lot more realistic and believeable than a poor Bruce Wayne miraculously healing his back getting back to Gotham, setting up fire Bat-signals; And it's even more realistic than Joker's over-lapping Jigsaw like plans from a bomb inside a henchmen to explosives on ferries.

There are portions that are good in the Nolan movies, but stop trying to act like anyone proving you wrong means they're just disagreeing with you on your opinion.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #221
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Not at all. One of your first responses to an unbelievable scene in the movie where Batman falls with Rachel onto a car is his cape made them not die, someone rightfully said that wasn't true and then you tried to go into a rant saying we don't have the information on the cape to know it can't work that way.

And all of this started with a rocket Christmas tree, which is still a lot more realistic and believeable than a poor Bruce Wayne miraculously healing his back getting back to Gotham, setting up fire Bat-signals; And it's even more realistic than Joker's over-lapping Jigsaw like plans from a bomb inside a henchmen to explosives on ferries.

There are portions that are good in the Nolan movies, but stop trying to act like anyone proving you wrong means they're just disagreeing with you on your opinion.
So beautiful

But seriously I'm also getting really tired of my argument with Mutante as well

Old 03-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #222
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just because it happens many times doesnīt make it less stupid. Weīre comparing a cartoon to a movie, right? So the cartoon should be subjected to the same kind of criticism, otherwise, whatīs the point?

People complain about the excess of conveniences, leaps of logic and poorly explained events in movies. Well, BTAS has all that in triple. If such a thing is considered a bad thing in film, it should also be considered a bad thing in a cartoon like this too. We are, after all, comparing the two, right?

Yes, much more ridiculous. And itīs even more ridiculous if you consider the fact that he escaped without a scratch. And if you think the two come even close to be comparable, youīre so blindly biased that i donīt think we should continue this discussion.

Joker not dying in TDK is simply a convenience that doesnīt violate any unchallengeable
rule. Of course, a person could die from a situation like that. But can we be 100% sure of that? No, we canīt. Itīs one of those things that can either go wrong or bad.

But how does a man grabs himself to a rocket christmas tree and confortably flyes to wherever he wants, breaking through the roof, without falling, being seriously injured or dying right away? I donīt think thatīs physically or humanly possible.

I honestly would like to see something like this happening in a Batman movie, just to see how many people would consider it great.
I see what you're saying but this is the key..

You say it's not humanly possible. You're right. But it's a cartoon, so everything is not humanly possible. It has nothing to do with humans. They are cartoon characters. So nothing needs to be realistic. Not a single thing. You can still hate it, and i would agree with you that it would be silly as hell in a live-action movie. But that moment (depending on how it's executed) would either make me laugh or facepalm. But it's not a live-action movie so you can enjoy things that are silly, fantastical, fun, whatever it may be.

Despite its adult themes once in a while, it's still a kid's show. Anybody who says otherwise is in denial. It's a cartoon made in the early 90s targeting children, and every once in a while they throw in something for the hardcore bat-fans or even the teenage/adult audience. They throw them a bone.

Not everything is good from BTAS. A lot of the people in this thread who are telling you to be quiet are hypocrites because they have no problem dissing the hell out of the Nolanverse but when you tell them that you love BTAS yet you find certain things horrible, guess what? They cant take the heat.

If that moment happened in live-action, half of the people would say it's cheesy and terrible. The other half would find it hilarious and awesome.

But i might have to disagree with your point overall because i see it as a cartoon from my childhood. It's animation and it's not some R-Rated version where they have no limitations, so Joker can escape in a much better way. They went for the fun route instead with that scene, which lines up well with the tone.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #223
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
No, you're not. You keep bringing up something being stupid, also calling anything silly, unbelievable, unrealistic, rule breaking of the given rules for the world stupid, yet turning a blind eye whenever someone brings up the Nolan trilogy doing the same thing. Add on to the fact that you keep minimizing posts to answer the first question in said post, deleting the poster's name from the quote for some reason, and then continuing to go back in circles to the next poster making a comment.

You're not discussing anything, and I never said you were offending anyone, you're just very suspiciously acting troll-like and baiting for a debate.
I don't think he's making that on purpose, it seems more like he doesn't know of the quote button on the right of each post

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #224
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I see what you're saying but this is the key..

You say it's not humanly possible. You're right. But it's a cartoon, so everything is not humanly possible. It has nothing to do with humans. They are cartoon characters. So nothing needs to be realistic. Not a single thing. You can still hate it, and i would agree with you that it would be silly as hell in a live-action movie. But that moment (depending on how it's executed) would either make me laugh or facepalm. But it's not a live-action movie so you can enjoy things that are silly, fantastical, fun, whatever it may be.

Despite its adult themes once in a while, it's still a kid's show. Anybody who says otherwise is in denial. It's a cartoon made in the early 90s targeting children, and every once in a while they throw in something for the hardcore bat-fans or even the teenage/adult audience. They throw them a bone.

Not everything is good from BTAS. A lot of the people in this thread who are telling you to be quiet are hypocrites because they have no problem dissing the hell out of the Nolanverse but when you tell them that you love BTAS yet you find certain things horrible, guess what? They cant take the heat.

If that moment happened in live-action, half of the people would say it's cheesy and terrible. The other half would find it hilarious and awesome.

But i might have to disagree with your point overall because i see it as a cartoon from my childhood. It's animation and it's not some R-Rated version where they have no limitations, so Joker can escape in a much better way. They went for the fun route instead with that scene, which lines up well with the tone.
How am I a hypocrite??

Old 03-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #225
Mutante
Banned User

Quote:
And in what way am i wrong? Do you have the necessary information to assess how that piece of equipment can or cannot work? Arenīt we led to believe in Batman Begins that the cape has also that function? Isnīt the cape part of a fictional world where more advanced technology exists? Doesnīt Batman do the same thing in basically every medium? So, i donīt see the problem.

Quote:
And all of this started with a rocket Christmas tree, which is still a lot more realistic and believeable than a poor Bruce Wayne miraculously healing his back getting back to Gotham
Care to explain how a man using a Rocket that size as a vehicle to go to wherever he wants without any sort of setback is more realistic than healing an injury in X-months?

Quote:
iīm doing that? Iīm simply responding objectively to this subject. Youīre the one who started with the personal remarks. Youīre the one who entered the thread to attack me instead of discussing the subject.

Last edited by Mutante; 03-06-2014 at 06:16 PM.