The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #10
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Is the mini marathon just Cap 1 and CA: TWS? Yeah, I wonder why they're not doing all three Cap movies.

Because I know a lot of people think it's too soon for the WS arc in the movies, but Cap's been unfrozen for two years as of TWS and, really, this is his third movie appearance, the second one to explore the Man Out of Time arc, as the Avengers did that, even peripherally. So if we're kind of looking at Cap's character in terms of trilogy development, TWS fits in nicely with the arc developed from TFA to The Avengers to this movie.

So yeah, it makes sense to include Avengers in a pre-TWS marathon. Strange they aren't doing it that way.
Yeah, it is just a double feature. I think it is stupid not to include Avengers as well. Maybe Thor's marathon didn't sell as many tickets as they wanted, so they're seeing if a double feature will sell better? I do think it is easier to understand TWS without Avengers than TDW would have been, mostly due to Loki being in chains and such. But, it is still essential!

I'll probably do my own TFA and Avengers double feature one day, and so the Cap double feature just gives me an excuse to watch TFA an extra time prior to TWS. Oh well