The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 03-07-2014, 07:04 AM   #51
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So assuming if I read things correctly, Natasha had been involved with bucky and possibly Clint, while possibly having romantic attachments to falcon and, later, steve

Damn.lol
Yep....sounds like comic book Natasha to me.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #52
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread - Part 1

So potentially four guys in a couple of decades. Yeah I'm not sure what's so unusual about that. I know people who've had more relationships than that in four years or college.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #53
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Well, not to mention that it was basically the fanfic playing in Mackie's head while he was shooting a completely different movie, LOL!

So, really, Mackie was joking about his character being in love with Natasha, though I'm sure he's going to play it that way and ScarJo/Nat's going to be all, "What?"

I really do want to see the movie that Mackie was in in his own head, as well as the actual CA:TWS movie that we'll be getting. Mackie's version with prostitutes and coke and orgies w/ Black Widow sounds… decidedly not family-friendly.

From what we've read, it doesn't sound like Nat and Steve's getting romantic, so that just leaves Clint and Bucky… maybe. And those are canonical to Natasha, so. Yep. It really doesn't sound like there's a whole lot of room for romance in this movie anyway.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #54
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The IM 2 hair was actually my least favorite. BOTH her Avengers and TWS hair make her look older/more professional. When I think of BW, looking sexy is not #1 on my list of attributes (though it is on the list somewhere). Looking capable, badass, professional, convincing, etc are much more important.
I guess my problem was that the two newer cuts just look pretty fake and are clearly wigs, whereas IM2 looked like her real hair, just dyed. Then ya add in the 'mom'-factor on Avengers and it just didn't do it for me. Plus I don't see what about the curls looks "unprofessional".

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #55
Loki882
Side-Kick

What "mom" factor, there was none of that? The whole hair style in IM 2 made her look like a girl playing dress up, not a badass spy. The we get to Avengers and I thought "yeah, that works much better." Personally, I prefer BW with shorter hair. She's always been practical and pragmatic and shorter hair would work better in her line of work.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #56
Chewy
REDACTED

The funniest scene in Iron Man 2: She's changing in the car with flat ironed hair, she gets out and it's perfectly curled. Still makes me lol

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #57
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The funniest scene in Iron Man 2: She's changing in the car with flat ironed hair, she gets out and it's perfectly curled. Still makes me lol
That's right up there with "All the bombs in Red Skull's German-built warplane have cities written in them… in English" in CA:TFA, which always made me LOL.

Likely will soon be replaced by "Why is Steve's costume dry after jumping into the ocean?" scene in TWS.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #58
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 03-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #59
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Just saw HER....

Scarjo is being seriously underestimated in talent department.

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #60
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Damn... Another movie I need to see ASAP.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #61
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

You should! that movie REALLY caught me by surprise...such a sad movie...

Scarjo was amazing in it, even if you only hear her voice.

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #62
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
What "mom" factor, there was none of that? The whole hair style in IM 2 made her look like a girl playing dress up, not a badass spy. The we get to Avengers and I thought "yeah, that works much better." Personally, I prefer BW with shorter hair. She's always been practical and pragmatic and shorter hair would work better in her line of work.
I get that shorter would work better for women in battle
Although, pulled back tight, like female soldiers, would probably be even more practical
and IDK, it's that short bob, a lotta my friends mom's had that haircut when I was little, guess that's why it screams "MOM-HAIR" to me

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #63
danielfoez
Side-Kick

In my opinion, Jon Favreau was being ridiculous when he settled for such an impractical hairstyle for Natasha in IM2...what happened to the ponytail she wore in the screen test?

That's what she should wear during missions if they decide to keep her hair longer...otherwise it would be quite to have her hair all over her eyes while fighting, or she could even get tangled with something :S I rather the newer hairstyles much better...let's see what Whedon comes up with for Age of Ultron

danielfoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #64
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Well, not to mention that it was basically the fanfic playing in Mackie's head while he was shooting a completely different movie, LOL!

So, really, Mackie was joking about his character being in love with Natasha, though I'm sure he's going to play it that way and ScarJo/Nat's going to be all, "What?"

I really do want to see the movie that Mackie was in in his own head, as well as the actual CA:TWS movie that we'll be getting. Mackie's version with prostitutes and coke and orgies w/ Black Widow sounds… decidedly not family-friendly.

From what we've read, it doesn't sound like Nat and Steve's getting romantic, so that just leaves Clint and Bucky… maybe. And those are canonical to Natasha, so. Yep. It really doesn't sound like there's a whole lot of room for romance in this movie anyway.
Tasha and Steve sharing a kiss. Steve carrying Tasha in his arms. Steve hugging Tasha close and shielding her from harm in every other scene in the trailers. Steve and Tasha flirting incessantly. Steve and Tasha sharing a hotel room...with a single bed...in their underwear.

What part of all this "doesn't sound like Nat and Steve getting romantic?"

Old 03-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #65
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Tasha and Steve sharing a kiss. Steve carrying Tasha in his arms. Steve hugging Tasha close and shielding her from harm in every other scene in the trailers. Steve and Tasha flirting incessantly. Steve and Tasha sharing a hotel room...with a single bed...in their underwear.

What part of all this "doesn't sound like Nat and Steve getting romantic?"
The interviews with the actors and some of the preview screening reports (the one on Lainey Gossip) have indicated while they have a complicated and close relationship, that there's no romance between anyone in the movie really.

I honestly don't really care that much either way. But I do think that the kiss is for professional reasons, whatever they may be.

I want to see how the rest all plays out though. I will gladly eat my hat if I'm wrong!

Old 03-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #66
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
The interviews with the actors and some of the preview screening reports (the one on Lainey Gossip) have indicated while they have a complicated and close relationship, that there's no romance between anyone in the movie really.

I honestly don't really care that much either way. But I do think that the kiss is for professional reasons, whatever they may be.

I want to see how the rest all plays out though. I will gladly eat my hat if I'm wrong!
I know it's all supposed to be "part of the act," but how many times have we seen in movies or TV similar situations where a man and woman are thrown together into intimate situations like this and you can cut the sexual tension with a knife? The movie will probably toy with a whole "will they or won't they?" vibe throughout, but it's clear that they're intimating a budding romance there. If the writers don't allow them to consummate it (and I'm not just talking about sexually, but emotionally), then it's just needless teasing.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #67
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Maybe needless teasing, or if there's legit storytelling reasons to do it…

But yeah, though I would be okay with BW/Cap, I really, really love the bromance that they are showing on the trailers though. Non-sexual friendships between men and women in these movies are so rare, that it's really nice to have it so prominently on display here in the trailers and TV spots and officially released footage. So, yep.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:53 AM   #68
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

the gentleman in question WAS in suspended animation for 70 years right? he should be able to tell the difference between romance and just being a good time charlie

Old 03-08-2014, 04:41 AM   #69
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

So if ScarJo is truly pregnant, I am guessing they are going to have to do some rewriting of Avengers or try to film all her scenes first.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #70
Loki882
Side-Kick

Whedon's apparently shooting her scenes early, at least according to the report that I read.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #71
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

I should hope so

Old 03-09-2014, 12:47 AM   #72
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielfoez View Post
In my opinion, Jon Favreau was being ridiculous when he settled for such an impractical hairstyle for Natasha in IM2...what happened to the ponytail she wore in the screen test?
I liked her hair style in Iron Man 2 and it looks definitely more stylish and not safe compare to the gif you posted.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:56 AM   #73
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Not like a ponytail is THAT much safer for combat. All someone has to do is grab it and yank.

And heck, you can do the same to Thor.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #74
Loki882
Side-Kick

Thor's a god, the comparison doesn't work. And when I think of BW the super-spy, being "stylish" is not a high priority. The fact that some people think it is puzzles me. She's much more ability practicality, efficiency, and smarts. THAT'S her character. Her hair looks "not safe" in IM 2, that's not a good thing.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #75
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thor's a god, the comparison doesn't work. And when I think of BW the super-spy, being "stylish" is not a high priority. The fact that some people think it is puzzles me. She's much more ability practicality, efficiency, and smarts. THAT'S her character. Her hair looks "not safe" in IM 2, that's not a good thing.
To be fair, she always looks stylish in the comics and her hair is down for the majority of the time. So how she was looked in IM2 was a lot like her comic-book counterpart.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote