The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 03-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #26
magneto23
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
No it wouldn't, he can be slave, same as Beast, Mystique.
He needs more time on screen, Archangel is really cool character and he's Apocalypse's horseman. He has to be in one of next movies, where Apocalypse is main villain since now. So I don't see anything weird in that.
A lot of time if they were going to be going for a story like this. That's why they should have brought the character back for DOFP. Flesh out the character some. Make the audeince start to care about Angel(because TLS sure didn't).

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #27
kasjan
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thre

GA recognize and remember him enough from TLS.
Do we need in DOFP a character that will have much screen time in one of next movies? No.

kasjan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #28
Angamb
Banned User

I get the point of using Angel a bit more, but I think Dofp isnt the movie.

He can easily return on next movie, and leave the Archangel transformation for the final act of the movie. They can develop it in two movies, so no need to rush it and use him in this movie with so many characters already in.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #29
kasjan
Side-Kick

This.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #30
Angamb
Banned User

And I say that with Angel being my fave X-Man, lol. Next to Rogue, of course.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #31
kasjan
Side-Kick

I want him in Archangel mode, this is one of my favorite mutants. I like blue mutants: Nightcrawler, Beast, Archangel, only Mystqiue I don't like.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #32
Angamb
Banned User

lol

I like all, but yeah, team X-Men all day.

Id love seeing Angel, Kurt and Beast sharing some screentime, that would be soooooo awesome. Three unique and special characters, in my book, and both Warren and Hank were original X-Men, so would be a great nod seeing them on the big screen sharing some words or fighting together.

If only Fox gave the greenlight to X5 already...

Old 03-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #33
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
They still have contracts, Fox won't just let them go, especially with Fassbender and Lawrence being the most on demand actors right now.
Also, if younger versions of Scott and Jean are introduced in the past, these characters will have more dimension next time we see them in a future movie with the original cast.
Sure, but do they have to dedicate a 2hour film just for that? They could just go back and forth in the present and the flashbacks.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #34
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
A lot of time if they were going to be going for a story like this. That's why they should have brought the character back for DOFP. Flesh out the character some. Make the audeince start to care about Angel(because TLS sure didn't).
Now that you said that.

I would have been happier if we got Angel back in DOFP and I don't mind if that would mean new characters like Sunspot and Warpath will be axed.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 03-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #35
Rike
Something strange here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Sure, but do they have to dedicate a 2hour film just for that? They could just go back and forth in the present and the flashbacks.
Do you think they would like to be anchors for the original cast?

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #36
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I just don't think the constant need of going back and forth in the present and the past is really good for the franchise. Like setting a whole movie in the past then setting the next movie in the present then the next one in the past again.

Just look at this:
Origins/First Class - set in the past
The Wolverine - set in the present
DOFP - starts in the present but most of it are set in the past
Apocalypse - set in the past
5th OT film - set in the present

Ughhh talk about going back and forth in the past and present. With 7 X-Men films now, its not very easy for the casuals to follow the whole timeline. At least with a film set in the present and yet filled with flashbacks, the mainstream audience won't have that "oh its another prequel" "where does this film set after" effect. In my opinion, just move forward in the present. If there's something really important in the past that needs to be shown, just show it in a flashback scene, not dedicate a whole movie for it.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-04-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #37
Rike
Something strange here?

Quote:
I just don't think the constant need of going back and forth in the present and the past is really good for the franchise. Like setting a whole movie in the past then setting the next movie in the present then the next one in the past again.

Just look at this:
Origins/First Class - set in the past
The Wolverine - set in the present
DOFP - starts in the present but most of it are set in the past
Apocalypse - set in the past
5th OT film - set in the present

Ughhh talk about going back and forth in the past and present. At least with a film set in the present and yet filled with flashbacks, the mainstream audience won't have that "oh its another prequel" "where does this film set after" effect.
Days of Future Past is mostly set in the past. Apocalypse will be set after that, but still in the past. It's pretty simple.
And if the idea of another movie with the original cast fulfil, they'll give it another jump to the future. It will be a natural and consistent progression - PAST > FUTURE

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #38
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Days of Future Past is mostly set in the past. Apocalypse will be set after that, but still in the past. It's pretty simple.
And if the idea of another movie with the original cast fulfil, they'll give it another jump to the future. It will be a natural and consistent progression - PAST > FUTURE
It is still going back and forth to the present and past. At some point, it has to stop unless you don't think its not affecting the box-office of these films.

Days of Future Past will start in the present and I think it will end in the present. And for me, the magic is lost in doing movies set in the past with the FC cast, when you already brought back the cast that started the franchise.

Quote:
Being shown in the flashback scenes doesn't mean they are downgraded to supporting roles. It could be 50/50 or 60/40 (60 as the percentage for the flashback scenes) just like most of LOST episodes.

And business-wise, doing an OT film with a bunch of Flashback scenes featuring the FC cast would bank more money, than the 3rd FC film which won't feature the OT cast except for few actors.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-04-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #39
Angamb
Banned User

and the discussion stopped again, lol

Old 03-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #40
Rike
Something strange here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Sometimes you get tired of beating dead horses.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #41
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

or you just don't know what to respond next because clearly what I just said...

Quote:
And business-wise, doing an OT film with a bunch of Flashback scenes featuring the FC cast would bank more money, than the 3rd FC film which won't feature the OT cast except for few actors.
is true.

Its only beating dead horses when some people can't accept other people's opinions.
Quote:
You like to LOL at lot, do you?

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 03-07-2014, 07:58 AM   #42
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
or you just don't know what to respond next because clearly what I just said is true.

Its only beating dead horses when some people can't accept other people's opinions.
These two statements seem contradictory. Way to beat a dead horse whilst calling it a black kettle.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #43
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
-How it should differ from the Original Trilogy?
-More character and relationship development
-Wolverine is used in moderation and shares the screen time.
-Better use of powers and team battles
-Development of Students/Danger room training
-No more mute villains or one line supporting characters.
-No more Stryker
Quote:
-Which characters do you want to return?
All of them are great characters imo. Depends on the story. Can't really go wrong, it's just if they use them more to their potential.

Gotta have Cyclops though.
Quote:
-Which new characters do you want to see?
Not all at once obviously but in general...
Cable, Archangel, Psylocke, Domino, Deadpool, Sage, Quentin Quire, Husk, Fantomex, Cannonball, Magik, Stepford Cuckoos, Polaris, Sunfire, Dazzler, X-23, Hellion, Mercury, Tempus and Chamber.
Quote:
-Which storylines should be adapted? The classic comics or the modern comics?
Both. Take the good, leave the bad and combine.

Last edited by def28; 03-07-2014 at 08:40 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #44
Angamb
Banned User

def, your characters list is for a sequel in present time, or in the 80's?

Old 03-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #45
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
def, your characters list is for a sequel in present time, or in the 80's?
Present. Even Dazzler is relevant to the current generation with the obsessed EDM scene. Never thought I'd see the day were kids mosh to Dance music haha. Probably could do cooler things with her powers in relation to modern electronic sounds. I'd be fine with a few of those in the past as well like Sunfire, Sage, Polaris, Cannonball and Dazzler. Just depends on the route they go. I want the 80s to be mostly starring Jean, Cyclops, Gambit, Storm etc. With only one or two brand new mutants and some returning First Class and DOFP characters.

Cable and Deadpool are safe as their powers and abilities let them exist through time, but there are a select few I don't want stuck in the past. Like Psylocke, Domino, Magik, Fantomex and the younger students I mentioned. The OT need to have younger characters as students and I definitely don't want main X-Force members in the past like Betsy and Fantomex. If they separate Psylocke, Angel and Fantomex in different timelines I will not forgive them haha.

Last edited by def28; 03-07-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #46
Angamb
Banned User

I agree with most points, except Gambit in the past, hehe.

Gambit should be with older crew, imo. Gambit and Rogue is like a must on any X-Men series. And its about time.

The age thing is "a problem" to some fans, but movies aren real, are fiction, and these liberties are taken soooooooooooooooooooooooo many times.

Best example: FC actors playing their roles "11 years older" but just 3 years after FC. so.... thats the thing. Its a creative license.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #47
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Why do Gambit and Rogue need to be a couple?

I'd go for Gambit and Storm instead.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #48
def28
Side-Kick

I agree with Gambit and Rogue. That's a strong selling couple people want to see. But I don't know how they are gonna do that.

Storm and Gambit both start off as thieves and Gambits first appearance has to do with Storm as well so I think he's a good fit with a younger Ororo in the 80s, and it lines up better with what they have. Storm needs someone to be developed with pretty bad imo.

Last edited by def28; 03-07-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #49
universeman
Side-Kick

Gambit and Rogue! yes a million times yes! as for Storm she can end up with BP!

Old 03-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #50
Rike
Something strange here?

They ignored the Emma Frost from Origins, they'll probably do the same thing with Gambit.