The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 03-08-2014, 08:11 AM   #126
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Default Re: Agent 13

Remember Sharon is meant to Steve's shadow, she is placed as Steve's neighbor so she's been keeping a close eye on him. I'm sure he'll be taken a back when he discovers that she is a high leveled agent in S.H.I.E.L.D and that she is related to Peggy Carter.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #127
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Remember Sharon is meant to Steve's shadow, she is placed as Steve's neighbor so she's been keeping a close eye on him. I'm sure he'll be taken a back when he discovers that she is a high leveled agent in S.H.I.E.L.D and that she is related to Peggy Carter.
She might be that "nurse who lives across the hall from you" Black Widow mentioned in the boat clip.

coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #128
danielfoez
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluanprime View Post
She might be that "nurse who lives across the hall from you" Black Widow mentioned in the boat clip.
I actually think that's who she is...Emily Vancamp referred to her as 'Kate, Steve's neighbourgh' the first times she talked about her character, as she was unsure of the extent of the secret/mistery Marvel wanted to keep on her character...

danielfoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #129
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluanprime View Post
she is
Towards the beginning of the film, Sharon is undercover as "Kate", a neighbor of Captain America.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQVAchW_L6k

Old 03-11-2014, 04:35 AM   #130
J.Howlett

Not even going to lie. My interest in the Winter Solider is based mainly on Emily VanCamp. I hope and pray she gets to do more within the universe because I think she's a superstar waiting to explode. Dead serious. She's the goods.

If she's basically a glorified cameo in this film but with the hints that she'll have a larger role in Captain America 3 and maybe other films (cough Avengers 3 please cough), I'll be more than happy with her small role in this.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:17 AM   #131
Destined
BOSS

Sharon can kick rocks tbh...if she's turns into a villain she'd be much more appealing.

Destined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 AM   #132
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I hope if anything, that we get to see Sharon at least appear as a guest on "Agents of SHIELD", should they have a season 2.

I feel like it would be our "only way" at the moment to see more of her character for the remainder of Phase 2 since I doubt that we'll see her on film again until the third Captain America film.
I'd actually love that. I'd have no problem if she didn't appear in any movie after Cap2 if she got to be a recurring character in the TV side of things.

She could actually appear in one of the remaining episodes of the current season, Maria, too. It could be the start of her being seen as more than Steve's squeeze. I've always thought she had that potential.

She could even show up on Peggy's show, if it happens and if it features modern day segments.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #133
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Not even going to lie. My interest in the Winter Solider is based mainly on Emily VanCamp. I hope and pray she gets to do more within the universe because I think she's a superstar waiting to explode. Dead serious. She's the goods.

If she's basically a glorified cameo in this film but with the hints that she'll have a larger role in Captain America 3 and maybe other films (cough Avengers 3 please cough), I'll be more than happy with her small role in this.
I believe that they're just setting her up for Cap 3, because I don't see a reason they'd include her in TWS since her role isn't integral to the story or anything. But it makes sense to introduce her in this movie then expand her role for the following sequel.

I can see her doing guest-stars in AoS as well; in fact, she'd be perfect on that show.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #134
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I believe that they're just setting her up for Cap 3, because I don't see a reason they'd include her in TWS since her role isn't integral to the story or anything. But it makes sense to introduce her in this movie then expand her role for the following sequel.

I can see her doing guest-stars in AoS as well; in fact, she'd be perfect on that show.
She'd save the show, honestly.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #135
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post

Once, I'd have argued at length. But I'm trying to cut back, and I'll just say that it makes sense, but perhaps not the most sense.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #136
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

I think her role will be more than just an "introduction" to be honest. I'm sure she has a relatively important purpose in the movie.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:06 AM   #137
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
I think her role will be more than just an "introduction" to be honest. I'm sure she has a relatively important purpose in the movie.
Well everyone on the film keeps saying on how she supposedly represents the possibility to Steve in moving on with a future. Given that the Russos picked and wrote Sharon with the intention of expanding her role in the next film, I guess it's a reassuring thing to hear that the Russos will be back for the third film to make sure it happens.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #138
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Carlo Comicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #139
Nilso
Emitter of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well everyone on the film keeps saying on how she supposedly represents the possibility to Steve in moving on with a future. Given that the Russos picked and wrote Sharon with the intention of expanding her role in the next film, I guess it's a reassuring thing to hear that the Russos will be back for the third film to make sure it happens.
I was an extra on Cleveland art museum set. I hope she gets recast. She had trouble with basic direction, then getting just one line right in like 40 takes and I'm pretty sure her role was cut significantly because of it.

Nilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #140
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilso View Post
I was an extra on Cleveland art museum set. I hope she gets recast. She had trouble with basic direction, then getting just one line right in like 40 takes and I'm pretty sure her role was cut significantly because of it.
Well if her acting is good she won't be recast.

I don't think her role was ever going to be big.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #141
Destined
BOSS

Hell to the no I don't trust Sharon "basic, lame, wannabe Peggy" Carter! She looks suspect in the clips from the film and is a pointless character, unless she's really something else, which needs to happen. Until then...Sharon girl BYE!

Old 03-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #142
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Comicus View Post
There is also this one as well

Old 03-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #143
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
Hell to the no I don't trust Sharon "basic, lame, wannabe Peggy" Carter! She looks suspect in the clips from the film and is a pointless character, unless she's really something else, which needs to happen. Until then...Sharon girl BYE!

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #144
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #145
Destined
BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
YEP! And I regret nothing! Do not like,want, or need her character at all. That's comics and MCU. Return to sender. #tisall

Old 03-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #146
Mylls

Quote:
So she was in Cleveland after all?! I'm not sure but I remember people stating that she was in vacation during that time?!

And it's not like she is an inexperienced actress after all, but whatever. Hate it is hate, and no matter how you try to lessen it it will remain there so I'm not goin to annoy myself over it.

Mylls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #147
Nilso
Emitter of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylls View Post
So she was in Cleveland after all?! I'm not sure but I remember people stating that she was in vacation during that time?!

And it's not like she is an inexperienced actress after all, but whatever. Hate it is hate, and no matter how you try to lessen it it will remain there so I'm not goin to annoy myself over it.
It was one scene, so she could have been just off. I really can't talk about the scene buts it's during the hellicarrier crashes inside the shield headquarters. Now I haven't seen the movie but I expect that it will make the cut. Can anyone tell me if a scene where Sharon carter is walking through the shield base while talking on a walkie talkie made the cut?

Old 03-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #148
SharpTeeth
Side-Kick

Quote:
I find this hard to believe. She has been on three television shows (Everwood, Brothers and Sisters, and Revenge). You don't get that sort of steady work without being a professional on set. Especially in television, which has a smaller budget, tighter deadlines and a bigger time commitment.

SharpTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #149
Nilso
Emitter of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpTeeth View Post
I find this hard to believe. She has been on three television shows (Everwood, Brothers and Sisters, and Revenge). You don't get that sort of steady work without being a professional on set. Especially in television, which has a smaller budget, tighter deadlines and a bigger time commitment.
See my last comment. She might have just had an off day, but I ran through that shield lobby like 40 times and it's not a short run. I took a picture of my shield badge but I will blur out the pic once I get on an actual computer.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:56 AM   #150
aries
Side-Kick

^I'd believe it probably was an off day and this is a grand scale project compared to television acting. I think the only mainstream film I know she appeared in was the Ring sequel and that was years ago.

Hell she's still not my first choice as Sharon but she obviously impressed the Russo bros and casting directors at Marvel to even land the part. One's opinion with the dislike of the character won't change that she's still a very prominent character within the CA realm and boo fricken hoo, that won't change.

aries is offline   Reply With Quote