The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 02:11 AM   #301
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Wow Scarjo's preggars.......wonder how many babies she'll have, spiders lay HUNDREDS of eggs!

Scarlett is pregnant, Chris H's wife is awaiting their second, Renner's GF had a baby a few months ago, RDJ has a toddler and Ruffalo has a small scout troop of kids. Can you imagine the Avengers' baby playdates? All those adorable little babies together in one place would be wonderful.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:51 AM   #302
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
...well technically Winter Soldier's wearing a bit looser clothing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Scarlett has a stunt double for the most strenuous tasks. The stuntwoman can also serve as a body double in certain scenes. Marvel can also use CGI to either digitally erase Scarlett's bump or superimpose her features over her double's face when necessary. That technique worked so flawlessly in Iron Man 3 that it was impossible to tell which scenes had RDJ's face placed over his double's in scenes filmed after Downey broke his ankle.

Kevin Feige mentioned in an interview today that the Black Widow is crucial to the plot of AOU, so obviously Scarlett's screen time hasn't been cut back. The two of them would know best what her involvement will be and both say everything is proceeding as scheduled. Feige as good as confirmed that digital wizardry will be used to hide Scarlett's pregnancy.

http://collider.com/avengers-2-scarl...cCTmZWqI3yF.99

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4950788.html
I hope it all works out seeminglessly.

Quote:

Scarlett is pregnant, Chris H's wife is awaiting their second, Renner's GF had a baby a few months ago, RDJ has a toddler and Ruffalo has a small scout troop of kids. Can you imagine the Avengers' baby playdates? All those adorable little babies together in one place would be wonderful.
Chris' kids always win tag.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 AM   #303
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
So you're saying the Mind Stone is already somewhere here on Earth? If it's powered *by* the Mind Stone, then the Mind Stone must have been nearby for Loki to use it in the Avengers and for it to be used again in the near future. Seems pretty far-fetched, but can you think of anything that hints at the Mind Stone's existence on Earth in the Avengers movies?
Not exactly. Again, this is complete speculation...

When I said the scepter might be powered by the Mind Stone, I don't mean it needs to be in direct contact or in proximity to the Mind Stone. I'm assuming Infinity Stone technology to be slightly more advanced than our smart-phones. What I'm suggesting is that the Mind Stone is what gave the scepter it's mind-altering properties when the latter was constructed (possibly by Thanos). Like a one time "power up" kind of deal. Not dissimilar to how the WW2 HYDRA weapons were "powered" by the Tesseract.

So, Fury might have based his "powered by the Tesseract" comment on the fact that the energy signature was the same. However, the hypothetical Mind Stone, like the Tesseract is an Infinity Stone and thus might have similar properties.

This solves a couple of problems:
1. Since the scepter is not the Mind Stone itself, Thanos would have no problem giving it to Loki.
2. I believe Feige confirmed the Tesseract to be the Space Stone. It would make more sense for the scepter to get its mind-altering properties from the Mind Stone rather than the Space Stone.

Then again, it would be slightly simpler from a storytelling perspective to just go the "yes, the scepter is (and/or contains) the Mind Stone and Thanos knows he can retrieve it whenever he chooses" route.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #304
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:

Actually, Chris and Elsa are awaiting their second AND third... they're expecting twins

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 03-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #305
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
I only recall Cap saying "bastards" once and no other cursing.
mewling quim

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 03-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #306
The Endless
WE are Groot

"Mewling quim" basically means "whinging ****" doesn't it? lol how funny.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #307
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are NOT Inhumans, says Kevin Feige: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ushpmg00000027

Old 03-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #308
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Avengers: Age of Ultron to film in South Korea from March 20 to April 12

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...redirect=false

Old 03-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #309
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Not exactly. Again, this is complete speculation...

When I said the scepter might be powered by the Mind Stone, I don't mean it needs to be in direct contact or in proximity to the Mind Stone. I'm assuming Infinity Stone technology to be slightly more advanced than our smart-phones. What I'm suggesting is that the Mind Stone is what gave the scepter it's mind-altering properties when the latter was constructed (possibly by Thanos). Like a one time "power up" kind of deal. Not dissimilar to how the WW2 HYDRA weapons were "powered" by the Tesseract.

So, Fury might have based his "powered by the Tesseract" comment on the fact that the energy signature was the same. However, the hypothetical Mind Stone, like the Tesseract is an Infinity Stone and thus might have similar properties.

This solves a couple of problems:
1. Since the scepter is not the Mind Stone itself, Thanos would have no problem giving it to Loki.
2. I believe Feige confirmed the Tesseract to be the Space Stone. It would make more sense for the scepter to get its mind-altering properties from the Mind Stone rather than the Space Stone.

Then again, it would be slightly simpler from a storytelling perspective to just go the "yes, the scepter is (and/or contains) the Mind Stone and Thanos knows he can retrieve it whenever he chooses" route.
That could work in terms of the Sceptre being powered by a Mind Gem (that we still haven't officially seen anywhere). My only question then would be why make such a big deal out of an artifact that's essentially a one-off? I mean, what's more important: to possess the Mind Stone itself, or to possess an arguably diluted knockoff? Seems like the plan is to make the Sceptre be an honest to god "ARTIFACT" (capital letters), since Joss is re-using it. Doesn't mean it *has* to be Infinity Stone-powered, but it's looking increasingly more likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddsy View Post
So we can officially lay *that* theory to rest.
At least he says that Inhumans are still on the drawing board for a movie of their own at some point; but it's clearly not going to involve the Maximoffs.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #310
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Actually, Chris and Elsa are awaiting their second AND third... they're expecting twins
oooo Modi and Magni!!!!!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #311
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
It could have been because of language or violence. There could have been parts of the battle scenes that were cut because of graphic violence. For instance, the scene where Loki impaled Coulson was censored in some countries. Here in the US it would have taken something more extreme, like showing civilians getting crushed to death or dismembered.

Too many expletives would have gotten them into trouble, too, though I only recall Cap saying "bastards" once and no other cursing. (I thought that Fury should have said, "Did we come to your world and blow **** up?" to Thor instead of the mild version in the film. Maybe the MPAA made Whedon cut that. )
From imdb regarding language

There are five or six uses each of "Hell" and "Damn," and one or two each of "Ass," "Piss," "*****" and "Bastard." Loki hurls out the British anatomical vulgarity "quim" as a misogynistic putdown.

So yeah there was some cussing.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 03-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #312
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

So the twins won't be Inhumans? Kinda disappointed tbh, I think that would have been the best route to go

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 03-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #313
Huddsy
Side-Kick

It never made sense to me, being Inhumans. The Inhumans are their own species entirely, living separate.

The MCU just needed to come up with a different word for Mutant.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #314
Dr. Evil
Gamora

The fact that the movie is shooting in Korea, and with Evans and Scar Jo leads me to think that the Korean woman will have a small, but important role in the movie.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #315
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are NOT Inhumans, says Kevin Feige: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ushpmg00000027
well... that doesn't mean they arn't powered by inhuman terrigan mist though.

Inhumans are a race.. Wanda and Pietro could just be people gifted with abilities

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #316
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post

Inhumans are a race.. Wanda and Pietro could just be people gifted with abilities
He said they aren't linked.

I'd consider the mist a link....

Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #317
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post

Or, people who were *given* abilities by twisted genetic engineering.
Someone like....Baron Von Strucker.

"Magneto von Strucker" is becoming increasingly likely.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #318
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
So the twins won't be Inhumans? Kinda disappointed tbh, I think that would have been the best route to go
So you're saying this is a... Mist opportunity?

I'll show myself out now...

Old 03-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #319
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #320
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
He said they aren't linked.

I'd consider the mist a link....
i wouldn't be so sure... it wouldn't be the first time a movie studio (especially marvel) was cryptic

[=]
Old 03-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #321
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

i honestly hate that idea... because it's so random.. "yes lets inject people with the same chemical.. but two genetic twins end up with completely different (and unrelated) abilities...

from the leaked info it certainly (and thankfully) sounds like that's not the case. It's more than likely Strucker has these 2 in his grasp BECAUSE of there abilities. Especially since they're showing off there abilities in the scene apparently.

[=]
Old 03-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #322
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Mackie not in Age of Ultron:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-fal...tron-exclusive

Very different than Cheadle's reaction. When he was on Conan to promote "House of Lies" Cheadle was evasive about his involvement and only mentioned his roles in IM 2 and IM 3.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #323
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:

I don't think that is what will happen. They are called miracles. That says to me their is no logical explanation for them having super powers. Strucker is probably experimenting on them trying to find what gave them the powers.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #324
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
So you're saying this is a... Mist opportunity?

I'll show myself out now...

The problem I have with them being essentially test tube babies is believability: with all comic book movies, a certain suspension of disbelief is normal. It's believable that a super-secret international terrorist organisation could give a guy superspeed powers, but it's a whole other level to give someone the powers to literally alter reality and probability. That's not "comic book logic," that's straight up impossible for HYDRA or any human to do.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 03-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #325
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
I don't think that is what will happen. They are called miracles. That says to me their is no logical explanation for them having super powers. Strucker is probably experimenting on them trying to find what gave them the powers.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He says there's "an age of miracles" on the way. People are reading too much into the wordplay here....I don't think "miracles" is a "substitute word" for "mutant," I think it's simply Von Strucker's way of saying that the Heroic Age (i.e., the age of full-blown superheroes and villains) is on the way, and that he's ushering it in by creating these genetic freaks.

Closed Thread