The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #26
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Sif to guest star on agents of shield

Hopefully in Avengers so Phil can talk to Thor.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #27
Panthro
Catman Begins

Sif was great - totally dominated every scene she was in. Makes me all the sadder that the films still haven't utilized her better.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #28
Loki882
Side-Kick

Wow, a freaking SHIELD show gave Sif more to do than both Thor movies combined. That's both cool (for the show) and sad (for the movies).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #29
one4smoke
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Sif was very powerful on AOS, she was throwing around those bikers like they were infants and even shrugged off a shotgun blast.

Not to mention using her foot to push that huge RV looking vehicle several meters without any strain at all.
Which brings me to something I've been wondering: Why is it an Asgardian can't be hurt by most anything (fire, gunfire, Kurse's powerful blows, etc...) but yet can be stabbed to death, as in Frigga?

one4smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #30
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Wow, a freaking SHIELD show gave Sif more to do than both Thor movies combined. That's both cool (for the show) and sad (for the movies).
So true. So very, very true.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #31
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by one4smoke View Post
Which brings me to something I've been wondering: Why is it an Asgardian can't be hurt by most anything (fire, gunfire, Kurse's powerful blows, etc...) but yet can be stabbed to death, as in Frigga?
She was killed with a Asgardian sword...Which is not like any normal earthly blade, it would even pierce the skin of the Hulk...
Also Kurse most definitely could have killed her with his bare hands if he had chosen too...

Last edited by warriorking; 03-13-2014 at 04:16 PM.
warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #32
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
She was killed by an Asgardian blade, of course Asgardian weapons can be killed by their own weapons.

That's like asking why a human can be stabbed to death by a man made knife, even Superman is effected by his race's weapons.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #33
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
It was great! Covered a stuff we've even wondered about. Like if Thor knew Coulson was alive, and that He wants to tell Thor himself.
Honestly, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that Thor probably felt a lot of guilt, more so than any of the other Avengers, regarding Coulson's "death" because of how it was Loki who stabbed him when Phil was trying to help Thor, and how Thor was the only one there to see it take place.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #34
one4smoke
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
She was killed by an Asgardian blade, of course Asgardian weapons can be killed by their own weapons.

That's like asking why a human can be stabbed to death by a man made knife, even Superman is effected by his race's weapons.
Really? So, a razor-sharp Asgardian sword is sharper and more deadly than a razor-sharp sword from earth?

By the same token, would fire from Asgard burn an Asgardian whereas fire from earth would not? Would Asgardian water drown someone and water from earth not?

Are all Asgardians vulnerable the same to Asgardian weaponry and Asgardian elements such as fire and water, including Thor?

I'm rather a novice of Norse mythology, so can you explain?

Last edited by one4smoke; 03-14-2014 at 12:20 AM.
one4smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:45 AM   #35
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
I would say that the average Asgardian can't even survive a Kurse attack, let alone remain unhurt by it. Even Thor was hurt by Kurse and he's well above the average Asgardian.

As for being stabbed, the power that the Asgardians, Kurse, etc show would mean that they can generate much more force than a bullet impacts with. If we talk about stabbing you also get a smaller area of impact than a bullet. The Asgardians likely use far stronger metals in their weapons as well, even the non-Uru ones, so that the edges can actually handle the force they put upon them.

That being said, don't question the physics of superheroes from the point of view of physics in reality. It doesn't work at all. If this was made more realistic the first thing to introduce is that when Kurse, Thor, Superman, etc hit someone hard it wouldn't only send the opponent flying away, the puncher would generally fly away in the opposite direction from the force of the impact as well.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #36
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that Thor probably felt a lot of guilt, more so than any of the other Avengers, regarding Coulson's "death" because of how it was Loki who stabbed him when Phil was trying to help Thor, and how Thor was the only one there to see it take place.
I can see after Phil explains what happened to him to Thor, he MAY be alittle ticked with Fury.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #37
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'd imagine that Cap, Tony, AND Thor would all be mighty pissed with Fury. It occurred to me that Sif wasn't the only one who got more interesting stuff to do in this episode than in the movies. Lorelei got more development as a character and as a villain in a 45-50 minute TV episode than Malekith did in an almost 2 hour movie. She was a much more fleshed out and interesting character in a freaking SHIELD episode than the alleged main villain was in a Thor movie. That's both cool (for the show) and said (for the movie). I'd love to see Lorelei pop up in a future Thor movie. Considering that apparently "Odin" specifically ordered Sif to bring her back to Asgard ALIVE, they have to perfect excuse to bring her into the movies. Plus, the idea of Sif having sort of her own archenemy is just cool to me.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote