The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 02-07-2014, 12:13 AM   #51
johnrain
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Because boomerangs" the Hawkeye Thread

So BW is gonna have a romance with Captain America and not be Hawkeye's love interest any more?

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #52
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrain View Post
So BW is gonna have a romance with Captain America and not be Hawkeye's love interest any more?
just because she beat him up doesn't make them boyfriend and girlfriend.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:03 AM   #53
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrain View Post
From what I've heard there is no romance story in Winter Soldier. & if Widow gets to be with anyone, it should be Bucky like in the comics.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:48 AM   #54
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I would love to see Bobbi make her appearance as a fellow SHIELD agent that gets under Clint's skin but he can't help but admire and like. Then of course he realizes it's more than "like".

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:07 AM   #55
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I would just love to see Bobbi. I think she's awesome! Maybe in a Captain Marvel (Carol) film...:3

Old 02-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #56
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

All the news about Age of Ultron says that the Black Widow and her past are going to be major parts of the movie. Except before that Whedon said Hawkeye would have more to do in Age of Ultron.

starwolf_oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:57 AM   #57
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

More Black Widow and Hawkeye is something I'm really looking forward to in AOU. It would be cool for them to mention Clint's background at the circus.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #58
Loki882
Side-Kick

Maybe we can finally get some idea of what happened between them in Budapest?

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:13 AM   #59
antonydelfini
The Destroyer

Im also interested in the portrayal of Clint's personality this time. I hope he adapts a more 616 Clint personality for the sequel.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #60
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
Im also interested in the portrayal of Clint's personality this time. I hope he adapts a more 616 Clint personality for the sequel.
Me too. The zombie henchman thing in Avengers is the biggest thing that I hated in the movie.

Though they did the lines pretty close in Thor. His cameo where he's watching Thor beat up the SHIELD agents. Renner's delivery wasn't great for them, but the lines themselves felt pretty "Hawkeyeish" to me. Hopefully we'll see more of that wit when the character has a bigger role in A2.

Also, seconded on the Budapest thing. There's no way that they can leave that hanging forever (unless if it becomes a running gag).

cleverusername8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #61
Joker8906
Side-Kick

With all the Winter Soldier news coming out and the press screenings I'm hoping to at least get a reference, nod or even .005 second cameo from Renner. It sucks that one of the best characters, in marvels best selling best received book on shelves is getting shafted for a second consecutive phase.

"Watchmen is the book that if I owned a hotel I'd say to hell with bibles man I'd make sure each room had a copy of that bad boy in a dresser drawer." My English Comp Teacher
Joker8906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #62
BoredGuy
Killing Time

^^Hah, that sounds like deadpool fans, and he's got 2 books selling above your boy Hawkeye right now
unfortunately, comic sales matter very little to the films

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 AM   #63
Morbius
Living Vampire

Do we even know if Hawkeye is going to be in TA2? He certainly wasn't happy with his role in The Avengers:

“For 90% of the movie, I’m not the character I signed on to play. It’s kind of a vacancy. [He's] not even a bad guy, because there’s not really a consciousness to him. To take away who that character is and just have him be this robot, essentially, and have him be this minion for evil that Loki uses… I was limited, you know what I mean? I was a terminator in a way. Fun stunts. But is there any sort of emotional content or thought process? No."

Marvel studios have also quashed any hope of Black Widow being a love interest with Winter Soldier. There doesn't seem to be an actual need for Hawkeye to appear in The Avengers sequel then, is there?

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #64
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Not sure if it was Feige or Whedon, but one of them confirmed that Hawkeye will have a pretty big role in A:AOU.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:17 AM   #65
Morbius
Living Vampire

That's great to hear - I admit, I haven't been following the press information closely at all for AOU. All my attention has been fixed on Spidey

Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #66
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yeah, Whedon mentioned on the Avengers Blu-ray commentary that he had A LOT more for Hawkeye in his early draft, but had to cut it for time/pacing. Even though he thought that it was necessary to make the movie work better, he did kind of feel bad that Renner was the one who got the short end of the stick in that film (although he was still plenty badass). I'd imagine that Whedon will make it up to Renner by giving him a big role in AOU. As for Bobbi Morse, I'd like to see Alice Eve play her.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #67
cph9fa
Side-Kick

I've also read somewhere that Whedon's been having fun writing Hawkeye's lines, and exploring the character more, this time around.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whedon
“Part of the fun for me, definitely, this time around is writing Hawkeye, because he did get possessed pretty early by a bad guy and sort of had to walk around scowley for most of the movie last time. So now it’s nice to actually have the character there and really see him interact with the other guys.”
- source

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #68
Ant-manic
Banned User

i'm still having a hard time seeing movie-Barton as a "master assassin." they didn't even bother to explain why he uses an arrow set instead of a gun. SHIELD is one strange organization.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #69
Destined
BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
From what I've heard there is no romance story in Winter Soldier. & if Widow gets to be with anyone, it should be Bucky like in the comics.
Oh but there is. You might want to check out Chris and Scarlett's interviews with Access Hollywood. And Widow and Hawkeye was never in an established relationship in Avengers. I have no idea where people picked this up at. Plus, they're supposed to be casting Bobbi Morse, Clint's better half. So, things seem to be leveling out so far.

Destined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #70
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
i'm still having a hard time seeing movie-Barton as a "master assassin." they didn't even bother to explain why he uses an arrow set instead of a gun. SHIELD is one strange organization.
If your that good with a bow, than you can use a bow if you want.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:21 AM   #71
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
And Cap uses a freaking shield as a weapon that he throws around like a boomerang. Compared to that, archery is the height of practicality. Realism in the MCU went out the window a LONG time ago. Oh and SHIELD is run by Afro Samurai and Robin Sparkles is his second in command, and they both take orders from the Sundance Kid, and give orders to Mulan. So yes, SHIELD is a strange organization.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:02 AM   #72
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Realism in the MCU went out the window a LONG time ago. Oh and SHIELD is run by Afro Samurai and Robin Sparkles is his second in command, and they both take orders from the Sundance Kid, and give orders to Mulan. So yes, SHIELD is a strange organization.
I want to actually frame this lol
May I use this for a sig?

Old 03-14-2014, 05:30 AM   #73
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
Oh but there is. You might want to check out Chris and Scarlett's interviews with Access Hollywood. And Widow and Hawkeye was never in an established relationship in Avengers. I have no idea where people picked this up at. Plus, they're supposed to be casting Bobbi Morse, Clint's better half. So, things seem to be leveling out so far.
Um, I've seen the movie and believe me,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
there's not . Not a trace of romance with anyone . If anything, it supports the close relationship that Clint has with Natasha since she's spending 80 % of the movie wearing his necklace . Casting Bobbi is also not more than wishful thinking of this point. For the moment Natasha is her own woman and me, personally, though I do love her with Clint, hope they keep it that way.

DarkPhoenix82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:56 PM   #74
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
I want to actually frame this lol
May I use this for a sig?
Of course, by all means.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #75
Destined
BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix82 View Post
Um, I've seen the movie and believe me,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
there's not . Not a trace of romance with anyone . If anything, it supports the close relationship that Clint has with Natasha since she's spending 80 % of the movie wearing his necklace . Casting Bobbi is also not more than wishful thinking of this point. For the moment Natasha is her own woman and me, personally, though I do love her with Clint, hope they keep it that way.
I'm more inclined to go off interviews with implications from the cast and what's been indicated in the script they've seen. And I see a necklace just as what it is; an accessory. I'm going to let the movies play out so for right now they all are free game. And I can dig that. And yeah, I'm all here for Mockingbird too. Not just for Clint, but I dig her character. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by Destined; 03-14-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Destined is offline   Reply With Quote