The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Comics

Old 02-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
Shazam
Side-Kick

Default No Healing Factor and Life of Crime???

http://www.newsarama.com/20251-wolve...alks-live.html

Is this what over-exposure leads to??? They've done everything with him because we cant go to the magazine stand without seeing his snarling puss!

Now they have to do this with Logan, because they've shot all their bullets with Logan.

What do you think about this?

Shouldn't his body start killing itself by rejecting the adamantium bones he still has??? Metal poisoning??

How can he extend his claws anymore?? His hands don't heal now!

Surely a blow from Thor's hammer now is a no win.........

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
Fanged-Hunter
SwiftNinjaFox

Default Re: No Healing Factor and Life of Crime???

Yeah, I agree they've overused Wolverine way too much (and he's always been my favorite). He was great in X-Men and his solo title with only the occasional appearance for a story elsewhere, but putting him in everything possible...eh. :/

In the Unkillable arc, they addressed the adamantium poisoning. Beast did something to address it.

His claws aren't the adamantium one in his arms. Notice they're coming out of the armor on the forearm, not out of the hand. I think his actual claws are sheathed and those are in the armor.

I also kinda miss the days when the books felt a little more cohesive. We've got "gone rogue" Wolverine in the solo series while he's still headmaster in Wolverine & The X-Men.

Last edited by Fanged-Hunter; 02-07-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Fanged-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Generation Lee
Side-Kick

They are dealing with him leaving in WAXM soon I think. I always hated how his healing factor worked within seconds. Certain injuries should have take him hours or days to heal from where it would take years and months for someone else. Glad they have taken his healing factor.

Generation Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Fanged-Hunter
SwiftNinjaFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation Lee View Post
They are dealing with him leaving in WAXM soon I think. I always hated how his healing factor worked within seconds. Certain injuries should have take him hours or days to heal from where it would take years and months for someone else. Glad they have taken his healing factor.
It used to take longer, though, that's what I was saying. Even in the 90s, a punctured lung put him down for a bit while the healing factor "kicked in" as in "started healing."

He could take a beating, but after the adrenaline passed and the healing factor was working, he wasn't still going at 100 or even 90%, he healed up.

And okay, the trumped up healing factor made sense with no adamantium after Magneto took it, but once he got the metal back on his bones, they never toned it down....they just kept ramping it up.

That's when it really got out of hand and has continued. I'm hoping when he gets it back (because we know he will), it's back to the 80s/90s level.

Fanged-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
Generation Lee
Side-Kick

Oh God bring that old healing factor back please.

Generation Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
MoonPie
New User - Level 0

It's the consistency throughout the film(s) that is trash. Don't have him able to withstand being stabbed through the heart with a samurai sword and act like he was in a candy store and then have him neutralized by some poison to the point he's rendered completely unconscious. I don't know about you guys, but if a deadly snake bit me I'd be around for at least a few seconds, but once a sword goes through my heart I'm kinda not gonna be able to do some breathing, or living at all.

MoonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #7
MoonPie
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation Lee View Post
No, his healing factor could actually improve the more he needs it. It'd be like your immune system, on steroids.

MoonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #8
BoredGuy
Killing Time

F*** this story

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #9
Varto007

Like i said before, the old healing factor was better for the charcter. He could show his fighting skills by blocking or dodging attacks. not just stand there and let them hurt him.
In the last decade (was that long? my god!) he became an average fighter because he was able to afford it.
The original healing factor or no healing factor at all should bring back all those years of combat training. After all, he has more than a century of fighting experience.
But no, instead of improving him, they just kill him. That will sell more comics.

Varto007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #10
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Even if they improved him, fans would still complain about his presence in the X-Books. If I had a nickel for every post and sound-bite of someone complaining about his over-exposure, I'd be driving around in an Aston Martin Db5. Now that they are killing him, fans are complaining about the method of him being killed off. It's impossible to please the X-Fans.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #11
Varto007

Amen to that! i have friends who just buy everything that has Wolverine on it. Even sodas.
If suddenly the character goes back to what it was and removed from all the extra groups he is there would be a lot of people mad about it.
Maybe killing him would end his afiliation with the avengers and X-factor (is he still in that group?) and the school, wich i have to say, it was just ridiculous and all the other groups.
By the time he comes back (let´s not fool ourselves, he will) he will find himself every group has moved on and probably won´t need him that much.
I don´t like that they have to kill him, but maybe it´s the only way to "fix" all this Wolverine madness.
As for the other x-men, i allways fell sorry for Ciclops. He is the leader of the x-men, one of the originals and yet i allways fell he was... lacking.
One of the incarnations i actually liked was Basilisk, until i realized they just made him a little Wolvie style.

Varto007 is offline   Reply With Quote