The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 12:32 AM   #526
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
Soo-hyun Kim talks about her role:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Wow, she's a babe. Too bad her role seems to be a small one.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #527
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Anybody hear this rumor about Halle Berry's scenes being cut down to just one scene in DOFP because of her baby bump?

Hopefully Marvel has a better way to handle ScarJo...

Old 03-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #528
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddsy View Post
Anybody hear this rumor about Halle Berry's scenes being cut down to just one scene in DOFP because of her baby bump?

Halle Berry laboured in vain. I don't think they'll want to do the same for ScarJo. It would be inconceivable!

Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #529
Levsky
Side-Kick

Feige stated these circumstances have impact neither on script, nor on Scarlett's involvement in the movie.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #530
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So has the billing order for this movie changed? In some articles/ press releases I see Chris Hemsworth listed second after RDJ, and Chris Evans dropped down to fourth place after Mark Ruffalo. Evans seems to be really getting a bum deal for someone who is meant to be the leader of the Avengers. Is he going the way of James Marsden in the X-Men films?

Old 03-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #531
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
While Monica would be nice, I do think we'll see more Black actresses in the MCU soon and not just whoever they cast to play Misty Knight. I would not be surprised if an Inhumans movie is made and Crystal and Medusa are played by black women (my picks are Rosario Dawson and Paula Patton respectively). I also have Lupita as Clea.

Then again, Monica was an actual Avenger in the comics. Misty (from what I have read) was never an Avenger and yet we'll probably see Misty in the MCU instead of Monica.
I would be surprised to see Medusa and Crystal as black. That would surprise me. I don't think I would 'get' that one. I think we'll continue to see black actresses like Zoe Saldana, but I don't think we'll see a black female superheroine for a while, unless Monica becomes part of a Captain Marvel film and it does well enough for a sequel to let her get powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I far prefer Monica, too. Her history with the Avengers has been overlooked lately but she was an integral part of the team for years. Monica's powers and origin are unique, not dependent upon getting them from a greater hero and not duplicates of other characters' abilities. She would be far more intriguing visually and her powers would have many interesting possibilities.
I hadn't thought about the fact that she, unlike many female heroes, is not a derivative of a male hero in any way shape form or fashion. She's her own. That's pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So has the billing order for this movie changed? In some articles/ press releases I see Chris Hemsworth listed second after RDJ, and Chris Evans dropped down to fourth place after Mark Ruffalo. Evans seems to be really getting a bum deal for someone who is meant to be the leader of the Avengers. Is he going the way of James Marsden in the X-Men films?
I'm always concerned about that. I don't think it'll ever be that bad, but the lions share, and the arc I think will always go to RDJ, if he's around. I think we'll see less of Cap in Avengers 2, but I think we'll also see better of Cap. I don't think it'll be Tony telling him to lead, I think Cap will just start taking charge, even against Tony's desires. That should be interesting.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #532
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

I really don't see or get the big deal with the billing order, it is what it is.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #533
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I would be surprised to see Medusa and Crystal as black. That would surprise me. I don't think I would 'get' that one. I think we'll continue to see black actresses like Zoe Saldana, but I don't think we'll see a black female superheroine for a while, unless Monica becomes part of a Captain Marvel film and it does well enough for a sequel to let her get powers.
Well, I don't want the only black actresses in the MCU being Zoe and whoever they get to play Misty Knight in the Defenders. It's why I suggested Medusa and Crystal as Black.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #534
The Endless
WE are Groot

Or use Monica Rambeau instead of Carol Danvers

Old 03-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #535
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Screenrant (for whatever reason) keeps suggesting Kamala Khan, the newest Ms. Marvel.

Anyway, there are indications that if Captain Marvel is in this, it's most likely to be Carol Danvers.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #536
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post

Old 03-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #537
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Halle Berry laboured in vain. I don't think they'll want to do the same for ScarJo. It would be inconceivable!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #538
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:

Yeah, wasn't true.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/29...of-future-past

Old 03-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #539
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:

I'm sure Scar Jo told Whedon and Feige. In fact, Feige's comments to Collider about her pregnancy indicates he's known about it for a long time.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #540
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
or hey they could use both! It's a crazy idea I know but nothing says we can only have X amount of girl characters.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #541
The Endless
WE are Groot

True, but you can't really have two with "Marvel" in the name. Unless they call Monica Photon.

Just speaking for myself, like i said before, I think Monica is a more interesting character and has a more unique power-set that could be really cool visually. Plus she's black. A female superhero and she isn't another white character. Two birds with one stone.

Someone else describe Carol as the female Hal Jordan, that's a pretty spot on description. And Hal Jordan is pretty lame so...

Old 03-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #542
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

From the site that shall not be named.

Another hour, another update from Mr. Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige. When Movies.com recently asked him about the Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe documentary special, which airs on ABC at 8pm tomorrow, and how much of The Avengers: Age of Ultron will we get to see, the producer reassured that we're in for something special. “They're advertising it as a first look, and that is an honest statement,” he said. “We don't start filming for another week and a half, so you're not going to have a lot of first-unit footage because it doesn't exist yet. But you certainly get more than just a peek at some of the new fun things we have in store.” He adds, “Introducing the new characters is going to be a lot of fun for the movie. That ever-changing roster is very important in the Avengers comics, and so how do we start to play with that [on the screen]?”

Kevin Feige also seemed quite enthusiastic about The Avengers sequel's titular villain, Ultron, and what actor James Spader and writer/director Joss Whedon are doing with the sentient robot.
“Our bad guy is great,” he declared. “I think people are going to very, very excited to see what we're doing with the voice that Joss [Whedon] is bringing to life with James Spader for Ultron. We love Ultron from the comics, and have always loved Ultron, and at no point do we want him to just be a robot. We want him to have an extreme personality and attitude, and James Spader is doing an unbelievable job. Again, for us it's always about subverting expectations. Whenever you think you know what's coming next, we surprise people or deliver it in a slightly unexpected way. And Spader is doing that with Mr. Ultron.”

Dats it!

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #543
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Let's not turn this into "my hero is better than your hero" please. Some of us in here like Carol and don't think of her as Hal Jordan.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #544
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I'm not too keen on sacrificing one character over another, especially since the one being thrown under the bus is one I happen to favor. Also describing her as a "female Hal Jordan" is pretty lazy & simplistic imo. Carol's been around 45+ years and has plenty of unique history of her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Let's not turn this into "my hero is better than your hero" please. Some of us in here like Carol and don't think of her as Hal Jordan.
/brofist

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #545
The Endless
WE are Groot

That's not my intention at all. Just saying i prefer Monica as a character and she adds a bit more diversity. Plus i grew up with her as an Avenger. Carol only recently come to prominence as an Avenger. If it's Carol and it probably will be, i won't cry. I promise

Old 03-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #546
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
From the site that shall not be named.

Another hour, another update from Mr. Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige. When Movies.com recently asked him about the Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe documentary special, which airs on ABC at 8pm tomorrow, and how much of The Avengers: Age of Ultron will we get to see, the producer reassured that we're in for something special. “They're advertising it as a first look, and that is an honest statement,” he said. “We don't start filming for another week and a half, so you're not going to have a lot of first-unit footage because it doesn't exist yet. But you certainly get more than just a peek at some of the new fun things we have in store.” He adds, “Introducing the new characters is going to be a lot of fun for the movie. That ever-changing roster is very important in the Avengers comics, and so how do we start to play with that [on the screen]?”

Kevin Feige also seemed quite enthusiastic about The Avengers sequel's titular villain, Ultron, and what actor James Spader and writer/director Joss Whedon are doing with the sentient robot.
“Our bad guy is great,” he declared. “I think people are going to very, very excited to see what we're doing with the voice that Joss [Whedon] is bringing to life with James Spader for Ultron. We love Ultron from the comics, and have always loved Ultron, and at no point do we want him to just be a robot. We want him to have an extreme personality and attitude, and James Spader is doing an unbelievable job. Again, for us it's always about subverting expectations. Whenever you think you know what's coming next, we surprise people or deliver it in a slightly unexpected way. And Spader is doing that with Mr. Ultron.”
I like MS and Feige but outside of the IM3 twist, their films are predictable. Entertaining, but predictable.

Last edited by samsnee; 03-17-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #547
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
I like MS and Feige but outside of the IM3 twist, their films are predictable. Entertaining, but predictable.
Sam you always have some comment up your sleeve like this. So why do you continue to watch their films or come here to discuss them if they're so predictable? And what does that have to do with what I posted?

Dats it!

Old 03-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #548
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Things nobody should care about.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #549
Huddsy
Side-Kick

I'm hoping they use this special to confirm some castings that may be rumored and/or not.

All of a sudden we see Katee Sackhof or whoever and Feige explains "We've brought her in to play an early version of Carol Danvers". How dope would that be? We'd all fangirl.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #550
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Sam you always have some comment up your sleeve like this. So why do you continue to watch their films or come here to discuss them if they're so predictable? And what does that have to do with what I posted?
Because I still enjoy their films for what they are. I said they're entertaining, and have great re-watch value. I just don't agree with Feige's statement that they always subvert expectations. Just because I don't agree with someone 100% doesn't mean that I think the product is inferior or not enjoyable.

Closed Thread