The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #551
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Because I still enjoy their films for what they are. I said they're entertaining, and have great re-watch value. I just don't agree with Feige's statement that they always subvert expectations. Just because I don't agree with someone 100% doesn't mean that I think the product is inferior or not enjoyable.
You completely misinterpreted Feige's quote.

He's not talking about the plots of the movies. He's talking about Marvel's decision making in general. Did you expect Guardians of the Galaxy to be their fourth phase 2 movie? Did you expect Marvel to create a Daredevil Netflix show only a little while after gaining the rights? Did you expect them to cast Vin Diesel as Groot? Did you expect them to have Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2? Did you see Avengers Age of Ultron coming?

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #552
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post

He's not talking about the plots of the movies. He's talking about Marvel's decision making in general. Did you expect Guardians of the Galaxy to be their fourth phase 2 movie? Did you expect Marvel to create a Daredevil Netflix show only a little while after gaining the rights? Did you expect them to cast Vin Diesel as Groot? Did you expect them to have Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2? Did you see Avengers Age of Ultron coming?
This. After Ant Man and Doctor Strange, Marvel could easily have their next new property not be Captain Marvel, Inhumans or Black Panther and surprise us all again.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #553
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

One more. One more. Did you expect to see ROBERT REDFORD in a Marvel movie?

Old 03-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #554
universeman
Side-Kick

Or how about
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Paul Bettany as Vision!
and Happy Saint Patrick's Day to everybody!

Old 03-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #555
Levsky
Side-Kick

Yeah, not even speaking about (probably) three Ant-Mans in one movie! Douglas, Rudd and the third one (I have actually forgotten name of the actor) from the past scenes as young Pym. I'm sure no one saw that coming.

Quote:
I like MS and Feige but outside of the IM3 twist, their films are predictable. Entertaining, but predictable.
And Loki's scheme including replacing Odin at the end of TDW was predictable as well?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #556
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levsky View Post
Yeah, not even speaking about (probably) three Ant-Mans in one movie! Douglas, Rudd and the third one (I have actually forgotten name of the actor) from the past scenes as young Pym. I'm sure no one saw that coming.
Well, quite a few people saw that coming, since it's been a known fact since nearly the movie was first announced.

Also, Patrick Wilson isn't confirmed to be young Pym.

And yes, I'm an *******.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #557
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:

And Loki's scheme including replacing Odin at the end of TDW was predictable as well?
i wouldn't call it predictable. but i don't think that anyone expected him to stay dead. he's far too popular, for that.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #558
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
Or how about
Paul Bettany as Vision!
that was the only one that i did actually forsee. it happened the moment after i found out that he was the voice of JARVIS. it never made sense to me that someone with his body of work was agreeing to settle for voice work.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #559
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:

I stand by my interpretation.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #560
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
I stand by my interpretation.
No offense, but your interpretation is wrong.

You singled out one part of the quote and completely ignored the context. You created your own context.

What Feige said:
"At no point do we want him to just be a robot. We want him to have an extreme personality and attitude, and James Spader is doing an unbelievable job. Again, for us it's always about subverting expectations."

What you must have read read:
"Joss Whedon is doing wonderful things with the script. The thing about our movies is that you never know what's going to happen. They're always unpredictable. Again, for us it's always about subverting expectations."

Context makes the last sentence in both quotes mean two different things.

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 03-17-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #561
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
that was the only one that i did actually forsee. it happened the moment after i found out that he was the voice of JARVIS. it never made sense to me that someone with his body of work was agreeing to settle for voice work.
Bradley Cooper is doing voice work.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #562
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Bradley Cooper is doing voice work.
yes. and i fully expect him to return as D-Man; in later Marvel movies.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #563
The Endless
WE are Groot

I think Marvels choices for directors are quite surprising... but then in hindsight you realise they are pretty spot on.

For example Kenneth Branaugh isn't a guy you'd imagine to do big budget blockbusters. But really, the guy has Shakespearian roots, who else for Thor? Jon Favreau, a guy known for Elf and Swingers was a surprise choice for Iron Man. James Gunn a guy whose done films like Super directing a 200 million dollar space opera? Strange choice at first, but then you realise a guy with a quirky and unusual style would be perfect for the GotG. The Russos for Captain America? What the hell? haha. Edgar Wright for Ant-Man? I can't wait to find out who they choose for Dr Strange!

Marvel does make some surprising but inspired choices for their directors. You can say the same for the actors. Casting Evans who was mainly known for cocky and comedic roles for Captain America had many scratching their heads. But in the end, I think he nails his character more than any of the others, including RDJs Stark.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #564
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:

Quote:
One more. One more. Did you expect to see ROBERT REDFORD in a Marvel movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
This. After Ant Man and Doctor Strange, Marvel could easily have their next new property not be Captain Marvel, Inhumans or Black Panther and surprise us all again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
Or how about
Paul Bettany as Vision!
Quote:

Quote:
No offense, but your interpretation is wrong.

You singled out one part of the quote and completely ignored the context. You created your own context.

What Feige said:
"At no point do we want him to just be a robot. We want him to have an extreme personality and attitude, and James Spader is doing an unbelievable job. Again, for us it's always about subverting expectations."

What you must have read read:
"Joss Whedon is doing wonderful things with the script. The thing about our movies is that you never know what's going to happen. They're always unpredictable. Again, for us it's always about subverting expectations."

Context makes the last sentence in both quotes mean two different things.
To samsnee, see all of this. Read it all and absorb it and understand it, please. Because clearly you do not. All of this is dead on.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #565
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Can NOT wait until tomorrow NIGHT!!!!!!!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-17-2014, 11:05 PM   #566
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

The casting in this movie is freaking surreal. I can't believe Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elisabeth Olsen are in an Avengers movie, as Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver no less. And Paul Bettany in the flesh after all these years? Baron von Strucker played the person who was born to play him? James Spader as Ultron.... ULTRON!!!

Not to mention the cast members that are returning from the last movie, which to this day is surreal in its own right.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #567
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Kevin Feige Talks James Spaderís Ultron

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #568
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Can NOT wait until tomorrow NIGHT!!!!!!!
I am pretty excited, but i doubt we get any footage for AoU.
I would be estatic if there was a pre-made promo

Old 03-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #569
Mr. Dent
Banned User

we'll probably get our first real look at Ultron. Feige said it would be more than just a peek.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:36 AM   #570
Six
Six Six Six

I'm expecting some concept art.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:41 AM   #571
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I hope we get some high quality concept art of the Avengers, the twins, and of course ultron.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:07 AM   #572
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Posted this on the last page my friend

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:47 AM   #573
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I hope Whedon has come up with some great action scenes involving the big three, since when it comes to action, the BIG three (Iron Man, Thor, and CA) have all been taken to a grander cinematic level in their solo films imho.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:22 AM   #574
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Cheers.

I'm not sure that I want to see that special tonite, just cause I don't want too much spoiled for the Cap2 movie. On the other hand... I am a weak, weak man. So... We'll see.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:54 AM   #575
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Cheers.

I'm not sure that I want to see that special tonite, just cause I don't want too much spoiled for the Cap2 movie. On the other hand... I am a weak, weak man. So... We'll see.
It's blank.

Closed Thread