The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 09:53 AM   #976
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.

I was, but they had a purge of their system a while back and I wasn't able to secure my account before it was purged.

They turn off the register option when they're making a TF movie. IIRC, it's because the site had a deluge of people signing up JUST to troll the forum for making something that didn't look exactly like the cartoons and they're not set up to be able to handle a situation like that

Old 03-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #977
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I found DotM still incredibly flawed, but still far superior to the 2nd film, felt more like there was a scale in not only the action but in the plot too, more like the 1st film in fact, with a bunch of events leading into one big climax.
That climax was a bit too jumbled and involved far too much of the humans, and I am not someone who wants humans totally out of the story either.

I think DOTM is a better movie than ROTF, but ROTF has more moment that make the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #978
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

DotM was a lot better than RofF. I liked DotM better than the first film on the whole.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 03-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #979
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^1st movie is the best by quite some way for me, then DOTM, then ROTF, but ROTF does have the best bot vs bot fight scenes IMO.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-18-2014, 04:42 AM   #980
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
I was, but they had a purge of their system a while back and I wasn't able to secure my account before it was purged.

They turn off the register option when they're making a TF movie. IIRC, it's because the site had a deluge of people signing up JUST to troll the forum for making something that didn't look exactly like the cartoons and they're not set up to be able to handle a situation like that
A lot of the posters there seem to feed Michael Bay's ego a tad too much, what made the most anxious was when on of the most loyal there was mentioning how a Birds remake was a good thing and even The Godfather will eventually be remade.

I understand not needing to have trolls in there, but the posters seem a little too protected when it comes to their views, it's usually very one sided towards Bay's films. I like his films too, but they do have a lot of flaws, i wouldn't call them all good, though in those forums i expected there to be more talk about how certain scenes on film were done. The technical stuff, where i think Bay shines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
That climax was a bit too jumbled and involved far too much of the humans, and I am not someone who wants humans totally out of the story either.

I think DOTM is a better movie than ROTF, but ROTF has more moment that make the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Having just rewatched the two, i can see why someone would prefer the bot battles in RotF, but more thanks to the one in Egypt than the one in the forest.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #981
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

I liked the first Transformers film and have watched it ~4 times.

I enjoyed the second Transformers when I saw it in the theatres, and I recall that my favourite part was Jetfire's character arc. I tried to rematch it recently but the first 20 minutes were too boring. It's not as bad as Thor 2 / Green Lantern / Battle LA, but it was bad imo.

Third movie was ok. It set up some truly epic story with its opening sequence, but failed to live up to that. It followed it up with the parents wearing green pants, and then Derek Shepherd from Grey's Anatomy became the leading human representative of the Decepticons on Earth. Megatron was a joke the entire movie, I thought they'd power him up, but no.

The trailers for the fourth movie look awesome, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #982
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
A lot of the posters there seem to feed Michael Bay's ego a tad too much, what made the most anxious was when on of the most loyal there was mentioning how a Birds remake was a good thing and even The Godfather will eventually be remade.

I understand not needing to have trolls in there, but the posters seem a little too protected when it comes to their views, it's usually very one sided towards Bay's films. I like his films too, but they do have a lot of flaws, i wouldn't call them all good, though in those forums i expected there to be more talk about how certain scenes on film were done. The technical stuff, where i think Bay shines.
It's a fan forum, not the national post.
Fans should have a place to go where they know they can encounter 'like minded' others. There are plenty of other places they can go to get everything else. However let's face it some of these other places are breeding grounds for focused trolling negativity. Those talk backs for example. The way the internet and social tendencies work, things get contagious and 'cool' to do, and non productive. I get why they protect that place. Everyone knows there are other places to go if that's what they want. I personally prefer this place. No need for the 'fan site' to allow non fans. I'd say the same for a twilight forums. The fans should have their place.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #983
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:

Having just rewatched the two, i can see why someone would prefer the bot battles in RotF, but more thanks to the one in Egypt than the one in the forest.
Forest fight is easily the best bot fight in the series so far IMO. The final battle as a whole was a bit too jumbled in ROTF and got too slow at times, but it does have some amazing moments, best of all being Bumblebee vs Rampage and Ravage.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #984
Lord
All Mighty

Meh, never liked the forest fight much, was over too quickly and i didn't find it that different from others in the series.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #985
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

To each his own, best bot vs bot fight in the series easily for me. Nothing in TF1 or DOTM comes close in the action stakes to that scene.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #986
Lord
All Mighty

You didn't like the high wheels battle in DotM or the Mexican standoff? The final battle between Optimus and The Fallen + Megatron in RotF was also pretty good, However it was way too fast.

By the way, one thing i actually like how Bay makes his movie franchises in an old school kind of way, where each film is a stand alone, and while Megatron survived to fight another day in RotF, he doesn't put stingers or ask for the sequels, he earns them.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #987
Marvin
Side-Kick

The best shot fights I think were in the last one, however ROTF had the most tangible stakes. The forest fight, the rampage fight. Very immediate stakes, usually life hanging in the balance just below them. Otimus outnumbered an in serious danger..etc.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #988
universeman
Side-Kick

Yep the forest battle was epic! who didn't love the I'll take you all on! line! pretty epic!

Old 03-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #989
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Watched the trailer again last night, I rally like how the start of it reminds me of the first TF movie tonally.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #990
Lord
All Mighty

I just didn't like how Megatron was treated as such a joke in the 2nd and 3rd films, Optimus Prime suddenly on even ground with all those top tier Decepticon felt a bit weird to me, and then the action was really nothing that special, just Prime bouncing his sword around while the Decepticons dodged it.

It's normal for this one to have a similar tone to the first film at the begining, as it's Basically a new begining, the trailer looked very cool, but certain characters like the Government guy with the glasses that later screams "Oh my god!" in the middle of the city it seems like there won't be a lack of comic relief or turning the "voice of authority with the most power" into dorks.

Still excited for the Dinobots though.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #991
Lord
All Mighty

By the way, since Starscream was the second most developed Decepticon after Megatron and Bumblebee the second most known one after Optimus Prime i thought that they were both the second in command of the Decepticon and Autobots respectivelly, is there ever a story where these two fight each other?

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #992
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

A 33 second trailer has been classified by the BBFC. No official word when it's to be released, but I believe the Teen Choice Awards are coming up soon and Wahlberg is hosting... So it's logical to think it's airing then.

No word if it's new footage or the Super Bowl spot with upgraded stuff.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #993
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
You didn't like the high wheels battle in DotM or the Mexican standoff? The final battle between Optimus and The Fallen + Megatron in RotF was also pretty good, However it was way too fast.

By the way, one thing i actually like how Bay makes his movie franchises in an old school kind of way, where each film is a stand alone, and while Megatron survived to fight another day in RotF, he doesn't put stingers or ask for the sequels, he earns them.
I liked all of the battles in the franchise, some were just better than others, and non got my pulse racing as much as the forest fight or the Bumblebee vs Rampage fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
The best shot fights I think were in the last one, however ROTF had the most tangible stakes. The forest fight, the rampage fight. Very immediate stakes, usually life hanging in the balance just below them. Otimus outnumbered an in serious danger..etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
Yep the forest battle was epic! who didn't love the I'll take you all on! line! pretty epic!
I get goosebumps every time at that line!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #994
BigCityBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
It was even more amazing watching it in IMAX. Did any of y'all see it in IMAX when the movie was first released? Very compelling!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #995
Lord
All Mighty

Interesting how they once again gave such a prominente role to a villain not that known, in the 2nd it was with The Fallen, a character that hasn't even appeared on any of the shows, in the 3rd it was Sentinel Prime, who has never been a villain before, now it's Lockdown, created in 2007 or 2009 if i'm not mistaken, in one of the tv shows used to help promote the first movie when it came out.

Acording to the Wikis he was created in the Transformers: Animated Cartoon. I wonder where they get the ideas for the new villains, whenever lists of "Villains we want to see in the next Transformers Film" appear i don't think these guys ever come up.

Weren't there other more known villains in the original Cartoon? I know that Unicron is still left to use, but besides him and Megatron isn't there anyone else that's not so recent?

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #996
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Well you know filmmakers always want to be the ones responsible for putting their own stamp on things and not just doing a pure copy of the source material. Creative license you know...but I agree I would like to see more villains from the source material.

So is megatron the shiny silver bot fighting prime or the black bot with the face cannon?

One thing I hate about them making the bots all shiny and stuff is that they begin to look like the zords from MMPR the movie. I hated that shiny metal look.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #997
Lord
All Mighty

I think the face cannon bot was Lockdown. I see why they would want to put their oun stamp, but sometimes i really get confuse by all the research they must be doing instead of going the most popular route, like with Zod in Superman II, i don't think the character was more popular or known by that time as other Superman foes, and in the following years he was missing from the comics for a long time. Same with Stryker in X-2, yes, i loved what they did to him in the film, but the character hasn't been much used outsider the movies.

I liked what they did with the Fallen and Sentinel Prime, even if the execution could have been better in both, but it's a shame that Megatron got left behind like that. Even in the new film it seems like they're advertising Lockdown more than Galvatron.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #998
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I think thats just because they dont want to reveal Galvatron yet, really only hardcore fans like us who go on forums know that Galvatron is in the movie, so Bay is saving his reveal for closer to the movie I think, if not the movie itself.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #999
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^I think thats just because they dont want to reveal Galvatron yet, really only hardcore fans like us who go on forums know that Galvatron is in the movie, so Bay is saving his reveal for closer to the movie I think, if not the movie itself.
Well, it kinda depends on if Galvatron is a repurposed Megatron or a separate character as he's been portrayed lately. I he isn't Megs, then there isn't much reason to hide his involvement. Needless, I think it's safe to say Hugo Weaving won't be voicing anything after Bay got his panties in a wad over Hugo admitting it was simply a paycheck. Lol

Old 03-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #1000
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

I would've much rather had the voice actor who did Megatron's voice from the G1 series for Megs in the movie. I like Hugo, but IMO his voice wasn't all that vital to the role of Megs and was barely recognizable after they did post.

I would've much rather preferred the G1 or Galvatron voice as opposed to the snarling, grunting beast like Megs voice we got in the series.

However, I hope Megs/Galv is not the shiny silver bot that Optimus was beating up on when the blackbot (possibly Lockdown) blasted him in the chest. That bot looks like a megazord.

Closed Thread