The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 05:00 AM   #576
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I'm not too keen on sacrificing one character over another, especially since the one being thrown under the bus is one I happen to favor. Also describing her as a "female Hal Jordan" is pretty lazy & simplistic imo. Carol's been around 45+ years and has plenty of unique history of her own.
Well everyone knows Thor is just Wonder Woman without boobs.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:11 AM   #577
Levsky
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

And what about beard?

Old 03-18-2014, 05:14 AM   #578
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I hope this one works.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:16 AM   #579
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Oh yeah, I've seen that. It's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levsky View Post
And what about beard?
Well, she has a beard...down where it counts.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #580
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Cheers.

I'm not sure that I want to see that special tonite, just cause I don't want too much spoiled for the Cap2 movie. On the other hand... I am a weak, weak man. So... We'll see.
I can wait 2 weeks to watch it after Cap 2 ... I hope.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #581
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Well everyone knows Thor is just Wonder Woman without boobs.
Thor came after, and their personalities are nothing alike, even if some modern writers try to portray Wonder Woman as disconnected to the modern society too, or as another dumb warrior only interested in fighting

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #582
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Thor came after, and their personalities are nothing alike, even if some modern writers try to portray Wonder Woman as disconnected to the modern society too, or as another dumb warrior only interested in fighting
Yes I am aware Thor came after, which is why I said he was WW without boobs instead of saying WW is a Thor copy with boobs.

Doesn't really matter, though. Sarcasm.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #583
Lord
All Mighty

I knew it was sarcasm, but i was afraid you would also be ignorant of the character, glad you aren't.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #584
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Thor was Marvel's Superman ripoff, essentially. And they admit it too.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #585
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
To samsnee, see all of this. Read it all and absorb it and understand it, please. Because clearly you do not. All of this is dead on.
This place is getting as bad as the bat-boards. You get attacked for merely expressing a different opinion.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #586
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddsy View Post
Sentry is a Superman rip-off. Thor was a Norse legend.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #587
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I knew it was sarcasm, but i was afraid you would also be ignorant of the character, glad you aren't.
Oh, all right.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #588
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Sentry is a Superman rip-off. Thor was a Norse legend.
I know Thor is a Norse legend from mythology. I'm a history buff with a specific love for mythology in general.

But Marvel brought Thor in as a "superhero" to rival Superman in having similar powers, back then. Heck, pop culture talks about Thor as the "new Superman" (which I don't buy).

Old 03-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #589
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I know Thor is a Norse legend from mythology. I'm a history buff with a specific love for mythology in general.

But Marvel brought Thor in as a "superhero" to rival Superman in having similar powers, back then. Heck, pop culture talks about Thor as the "new Superman" (which I don't buy).
But did you Know THIS version of Thor (well the one form the comics) have "Ages of Ragnaroks"?
There are several Ragnaoks BEFORE the Thor we now have in the Comics. The One that started in Journey into Mystery was the Ragnarok Age BEFORE the one we see now.
There was a series Called Thor Ages of Thunder that somewhat cover the different Ragnarok ages.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #590
BoredGuy
Killing Time

yeah and according to Ages of Thunder, pretty much all the Thors but the current one are total douchenuggets

Old 03-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #591
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Because I still enjoy their films for what they are. I said they're entertaining, and have great re-watch value. I just don't agree with Feige's statement that they always subvert expectations. Just because I don't agree with someone 100% doesn't mean that I think the product is inferior or not enjoyable.
Didn't IM3 subevert expectations and some fanboys lost it because it didn't pan out the way they had imagined? Loki's scheme of cutting Thor's hand? Him showing up as Odin at the end? You totally saw that coming right? Come on... I hope they continue with these kind of twists. Cap 2 threw me off guard a few times.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 03-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #592
Huddsy
Side-Kick

TeeKay! Isn't your spoiler ban over? ;-) I NEED CAP SPOILERS!

Old 03-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #593
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Hulk is Marvel's Superman, and Thor is Marvel's Wonder Woman.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #594
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

RuffaHulk:

Quote:
I actually already shot a lot of that stuff, we did it on motion capture, so we did a lot of that on a stage. So they’re doing all the [background] plates for that now in South Africa, and then I start work in mid-April

Old 03-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #595
universeman
Side-Kick

Yes! best news I heard so far! which means
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the rumor of Hulk being in Africa may be true! but he better be in those purple pants when he Hulk outs!

Old 03-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #596
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
Yes! best news I heard so far! which means
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the rumor of Hulk being in Africa may be true! but he better be in those purple pants when he Hulk outs!
And if he's not then what? You gonna break down, will you be ok.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #597
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Chasing The Abomination?

Old 03-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #598
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
And if he's not then what? You gonna break down, will you be ok.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #599
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Triple H taking a ****? Hahaha

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #600
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

http://whatculture.com/film/10-probl...cknowledge.php

10 problems the MCU has that nobody acknowledges

I don't see eye to eye with every point he made but its fun to look at anyways lol