The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 03-24-2014, 04:37 AM   #576
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

While mentioning the young Clark's I definitely think the two actors that played Clark resembled Cavill alot. Infact this was by far three of the best castings for actors that progressed into the adult version, you really felt they were all the same person.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:10 AM   #577
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
While mentioning the young Clark's I definitely think the two actors that played Clark resembled Cavill alot. Infact this was by far three of the best castings for actors that progressed into the adult version, you really felt they were all the same person.
Yeah ! I'm hoping they bring Dylan Spraybury back for some flashbacks in
the next film, although he'll be in his late teens.
He did a great job, so did the little kid, very good casting indeed both in terms of the look and the acting !

Batmannerism is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #578
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm curious to hear some feedback on this.

I've read on how some believe that Zod went into his fight against superman in the final battle of the film with the intent of driving Superman into a corner where he would have no choice but to kill him, with the reason being that that he wanted to die a noble death as a warrior should due to him having nothing to lose.

Did anyone else here have the same theory or did you guys see it differently?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:32 AM   #579
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I don't think he was being that logical about it.

The way I saw it, his feelings of rage and purposelessness made him want to both kill and die. Punishing Clark and provoking him are in the same boat. While he wants Superman to kill him, I also think Zod was definitely trying his best to kill Superman (and anyone else he could) .

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-28-2014 at 12:50 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:58 AM   #580
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

I've read on how some believe that Zod went into his fight against superman in the final battle of the film with the intent of driving Superman into a corner where he would have no choice but to kill him, with the reason being that that he wanted to die a noble death as a warrior should due to him having nothing to lose.

I thought that was pretty obvious.

No matter if he killed every human AND Superman, the very purpose of his existence was over.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:15 AM   #581
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Got to agree with the Senator, yeah I'm convinced he wanted Supes to kill him. That whole "You die or I do" wasn't foreshadowing, it was an invitation. Inside Zod's crazy head, he couldn't just commit suicide (which would have been pretty tough given that he's virtually indestructible on Earth) plus he was born and raised to fight (although obviously not that great at it, as a scientist kicked his ass), but anyway, that was the only option for Zod, to push Supes into killing him.

Before I saw the film, I was all "Superman doesn't KILL !" but when I went and saw it, in the context of the story it made total sense. I have yet to hear a convincing argument on what Superman's alternative was to killing Zod, other than the writers shouldn't have put him in that position in the first place. I suppose with some tinkering to the story, Zod could have been thrown back into the singularity when the rest of the Krypto-trash got sucked in.

So all in all, yeah, Zod had a deathwish. Well that's IMO.

cheers super-fans !

Old 03-28-2014, 03:58 AM   #582
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Got to agree with the Senator, yeah I'm convinced he wanted Supes to kill him. That whole "You die or I do" wasn't foreshadowing, it was an invitation. Inside Zod's crazy head, he couldn't just commit suicide (which would have been pretty tough given that he's virtually indestructible on Earth) plus he was born and raised to fight (although obviously not that great at it, as a scientist kicked his ass), but anyway, that was the only option for Zod, to push Supes into killing him.

Before I saw the film, I was all "Superman doesn't KILL !" but when I went and saw it, in the context of the story it made total sense. I have yet to hear a convincing argument on what Superman's alternative was to killing Zod, other than the writers shouldn't have put him in that position in the first place. I suppose with some tinkering to the story, Zod could have been thrown back into the singularity when the rest of the Krypto-trash got sucked in.

So all in all, yeah, Zod had a deathwish. Well that's IMO.

cheers super-fans !
You keep reading my mind

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-28-2014, 04:04 AM   #583
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think it was both a case of a villain more than willing to do exactly what he said he would AND someone looking for suicide by cop, as it were. He wanted to hurt Kal by hurting the populous of Earth, and he knew that Superman would battle him to stop him from doing that, and if he should fall in battle, then a warrior would get his final rest in an epic battle the likes of which no Kryptonian before could possible experience. Either way Zod would get something out of the situation.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:46 AM   #584
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

"Welcome to the Planet"

"Glad to be here Lois"

Big smile, fade to black and roll epic theme music.

A great ending ! I always liked Chris Reeve's smile at the audience as he flew off into
the sunrise, but this was just as good.

I think that the main story of MOS was about a man trying to find his place in the world, and at the very end, he's found it. Kind of like he's been hiding in the shadows
for 33 years and at last he's arrived (which is not strictly correct, but you get what I mean). Anyway, that's my take on the final lines of the film.

nice !

Old 03-30-2014, 03:07 AM   #585
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
"Welcome to the Planet"

"Glad to be here Lois"

A great ending ! I always liked Chris Reeve's smile at the audience as he flew off into

I think that the main story of MOS was about a man trying to find his place in the world, and at the very end, he's found it. Kind of like he's been hiding in the shadows
for 33 years and at last he's arrived (which is not strictly correct, but you get what I mean). Anyway, that's my take on the final lines of the film.

nice !
Awesome ending, puts a smile on my face every time. Agree about the rest as well, Supermans role here was to find his place in humanity, and though it took a while to get their, he was tall and proud as humanities champion by the end.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:23 AM   #586
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
"Welcome to the Planet"

"Glad to be here Lois"

nice !
perfect ending and the most hopeful superhero film ending of all time.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #587
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Hey, for you Super-fans, check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joQWMecJmDk

a remix of the major music themes in MOS (well not so much the Krypton theme)
but anyway, some great transitions (that would have fit really well in the movie)

There's a great transition from the main title at around 6:30 to the music from
Jor El's heroics on Krypton.

Also, there's a terrific one at around 11:32 from "look to the stars" to "flight" and then to the main title, it's awesome.

All in all an amazing mix, if you like the more upbeat, heroic themes from MOS, you'll
love it.

Cheers.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #588
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Awesome ending, puts a smile on my face every time. Agree about the rest as well, Supermans role here was to find his place in humanity, and though it took a while to get their, he was tall and proud as humanities champion by the end.
Did I mention I got hardcore fangirl chills. from that ending? I'm sure I have but I'm mentioning it again.

I'm sorry but I have to mention this but I absolutely love Batmannersim's name, it makes me smile as everytime I see one of his posts.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #589
MrsKent26
Whatever.

That ending was good on multiple levels. That line with the double meaning. The first sighting of DP Clark. Cavill's adorable smile. The music....

\S/T*
MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:57 AM   #590
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Did I mention I got hardcore fangirl chills. from that ending? I'm sure I have but I'm mentioning it again.

I'm sorry but I have to mention this but I absolutely love Batmannersim's name, it makes me smile as everytime I see one of his posts.

Thanks, that's very kind of you to say...and much better than some people's reactions when they see my posts, kind of " Oh no, not that ******** and his ******** again !"

Anyway, the ending was perfect. I got some fanboy thrills myself during the film, definitely mentioned that before - the biggest thrill when Cavill first steps out wearing the suit, it was like Superman himself stepped out of the comic books and onto the screen.

Peace out Super-fans !

Old 03-31-2014, 04:27 AM   #591
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
That ending was good on multiple levels. That line with the double meaning. The first sighting of DP Clark. Cavill's adorable smile. The music....
Aw when he smiles and that music kicks in I get chills. Its such an uplifting ending.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:49 AM   #592
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Thanks, that's very kind of you to say...and much better than some people's reactions when they see my posts, kind of " Oh no, not that ******** and his ******** again !"

Anyway, the ending was perfect. I got some fanboy thrills myself during the film, definitely mentioned that before - the biggest thrill when Cavill first steps out wearing the suit, it was like Superman himself stepped out of the comic books and onto the screen.

Peace out Super-fans !
That's another scene that gives me chills. This film is a visual masterpiece, as I've said before I think you could turn the sound off and watch this with just the music and you'd still get the story. Snyder deserves a ton of credit for that.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #593
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Visuals are and always has been Snyder's strongest suit.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:55 AM   #594
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Indeed but I think he doesn't really get the credit he deserves for that. He can tell a story via visuals alone and I think that's a great talent.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #595
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Aw when he smiles and that music kicks in I get chills. Its such an uplifting ending.
I had genuine chills when Lara gave birth to Kal at the beginning. Again, the music was perfect. The birth of a hero.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #596
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I had genuine chills when Lara gave birth to Kal at the beginning. Again, the music was perfect. The birth of a hero.

Totally, great way to start the film. Back in SMTM, he's already an infant, but MOS starts right at the beginning.

The very first sound (other than music) we hear is Superman's heartbeat, which was a nice touch. Almost a Lion King moment when the beasts out in the plain, start roaring at the sound of Kal El's first cry.

MOments like that were why I found it so easy to get invested in the character and his journey.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #597
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I've said this before, but the entire "YOU ARE NOT ALONE" scene is executed perfectly. Errie and suspenseful. Shannon's almost monotone voice in the static doesn't help but add to the creepiness.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #598
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Agreed. That is a very creepy scene.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #599
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I kinda wanted to see Snyder to do a horror film after watching that scene.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #600
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

He did Dawn of the Dead, right?

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote