The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Old 03-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #601
Panther10
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Fans of Reilly Thread - Part 1

Seriously. You come into a fans of reilly thread and say nothing but condescending and sarcastic remarks and you have the audacity to say you don't understand why we feel like you offended us? You were very rude and you insulted us. I wont take that kind of abuse sitting down. And for the record you have no right to complain when we defend ourselves and stand up for the characters we like while you constantly instigate and antagonize us. Calling us out on our "behavior" is downright offensive and uncalled for. I have a feeling that the only reason you have 13,000 posts to your name is because you've never bothered to keep your attitude in check before. No one has ever said anything to you regarding proper etiquette or manners so you don't know when you step over the line. Now that we cleared the air I hope we can put this behind us. But seriously if you insult us again I will report you to the mods.

Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #602
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
From what I understand Dan Jurgens hated working on the Sensational Spidey titles at the time because he didn't like focusing on Ben Reilly at all. He wanted to kill off Ben Reilly from the start and reestablish peter as the one true spidey, but when Marvel never let him have his way he packed his bags and left. Jurgens didn't come back to Marvel until he began working on Captain America in 1998.
Whether he like him or not, he succeeded in making the character likable. Up until that point many fans that were ready to quit the book after Spectacular #228 and Ben Reilly was the focus of people's rage. A quality writer quickly changed that some. By the time it was all said and done, fans were more sympathetic to Reilly more than anything. His time on the New Warriors helped that as well.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #603
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Seriously. You come into a fans of reilly thread and say nothing but condescending and sarcastic remarks and you have the audacity to say you don't understand why we feel like you offended us? You were very rude and you insulted us. I wont take that kind of abuse sitting down. And for the record you have no right to complain when we defend ourselves and stand up for the characters we like while you constantly instigate and antagonize us. Calling us out on our "behavior" is downright offensive and uncalled for. I have a feeling that the only reason you have 13,000 posts to your name is because you've never bothered to keep your attitude in check before. No one has ever said anything to you regarding proper etiquette or manners so you don't know when you step over the line. Now that we cleared the air I hope we can put this behind us. But seriously if you insult us again I will report you to the mods.
Insulted you??? Seriously.....give me a break. Your first instinct was to dig into my post history and call me a "know it all" and "sarcastic little twit".

As I said before when you first said it.....if you feel the need to go get a mod...then go get one. I am fine with that and them making the call.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #604
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Ok guys...enough.

Stop the arguing and name calling.

If you are posting in here, and you now know from the multiple posts stating that you are pissing people off, that you are pissing people off....be a big boy and stop posting in here to piss people off.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #605
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
From what I understand Dan Jurgens hated working on the Sensational Spidey titles at the time because he didn't like focusing on Ben Reilly at all. He wanted to kill off Ben Reilly from the start and reestablish peter as the one true spidey, but when Marvel never let him have his way he packed his bags and left. Jurgens didn't come back to Marvel until he began working on Captain America in 1998.
Dan Jurgens was considered "hot" from his work on Superman at the time... And he came on board to Sensational BECAUSE he was going to create a new Spider-Man universe with Ben Reilly and create a new supporting cast... And he left the book suddenly when Marvel decided to bring Peter back... And he went back to DC... I was there... I read the interviews... What you state is completely incorrect.

Hope this helps...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #606
Panther10
Side-Kick

According to the Life of Rielly Editorial that's not the case. Here's a little excerpt from chapter 18 you can find it if you scroll halfway through the page.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=370175

Quote:
Dan Jurgens had a lot of enthusiasm and ideas for Spider-Man when he came aboard, and I think he intended to stay for a while. But I also think he became disheartened, fairly quickly, when he realized that we had no plans to restore Peter Parker as Spider-Man. I think the whole Ben Reilly thing was very bewildering to him, but he soldiered through it as best he could, perhaps with the hope that he could work within the system in order to change it. My feeling is that Dan wanted to write Peter Parker as Spider-Man - the Peter Parker whose history we'd all followed for the past 33 years, the Peter Parker who'd gotten married to Mary Jane - with the clone saga and Ben Reilly being nothing more than things of the past.
Ironically, Dan turned out to be one of the writers who handled Ben Reilly the best, right up there with DeMatteis and DeFalco! In any case, Dan was getting to write a Spider-Man book, one that had gotten a big, highly-promoted launch, so it wasn't an altogether bad situation for him. And SENSATIONAL #0 was a very promising start to Dan's tenure as a Spider-Man writer/artist. ]

Last edited by Panther10; 03-16-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #607
KaineMorrison

Quote:
According to the Life of Rielly Editorial that's not the case. Here's a little excerpt from chapter 18 you can find it if you scroll halfway through the page.

http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....fReilly18.html
Hey Panther, Back in 2011 I collected all the posts and posted them here.

Here's the Link:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...175&highlight=

I did this just in case the sites that originally hosted them went down.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #608
Panther10
Side-Kick

Thanks for that. The website works for now. but I'll make the necessary updates.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #609
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=370175
Hmmmmm... Son of a gun... Back in '96, interviews in Wizard seemed to indicate otherwise... Thanks for the info...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #610
Panther10
Side-Kick

Ah okay that explains it. Back in 1996 that was pretty much when ben was the established spidey so maybe when the article was written Jurgens didn't have many issues penned under his belt yet. Or maybe he just kept quiet in hopes that his editors wouldn't have him fired before he had the chance to plant the seeds of ben's death in as many subtle ways that he could. But I guess Marvel was too good at knocking the wind out of the guy who killed superman. In the end I blame Bob Harras for ben's death. When Bob Budiansky left in 96 Harras basically swept everything from 93-96 under the rug. Including the death of Aunt May which is why she was brought back to life. The only thing I even like about Bob Harras is the fact that he brought us spider-girl which in some cases is the unofficial extension of the clone saga. But the fact remains that after the original clone saga there were so many unanswered questions that just weren't "important" enough for Harras to answer. For instance, what happened to Spidercide? Was the jackal really a clone? what the hell was that skeleton in the smokestack all about? Instead all we got from the various EIC's were a fistful of Green goblin stories that still haven't ended.

Last edited by Panther10; 03-16-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #611
KaineMorrison

The did answer the Skeleton mystery.
I posted the images here a few months? ago...

Old 03-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #612
Panther10
Side-Kick

really? Where?

Old 03-17-2014, 01:21 AM   #613
KaineMorrison

In this thread

Old 03-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #614
Panther10
Side-Kick

I looked over every page and didn't see a single image that matches your description.

Last edited by Panther10; 03-17-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #615
SpideyInATree
Never Go Full Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Ok guys...enough.

Stop the arguing and name calling.

If you are posting in here, and you now know from the multiple posts stating that you are pissing people off, that you are pissing people off....be a big boy and stop posting in here to piss people off.
Even after all this time the man STILL passes on his great wisdom. A true American patriot!

Anyhoo...I heard that New Warriors # 1 was kind of a bust and it doesn't look like this book will last either. Still will be picking it up as I want to support the Scarlet Spider in hopes that the character doesn't vanish again.

Anybody else get a chance to read it? Thoughts?

http://www.glitchpoint.com

Check out their song Ignition
SpideyInATree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #616
Will Nolte
Side-Kick

The first two issues of NW have been great. Very Old School Vol 1 feel about them. I wouldn't call it a bust.

Will Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #617
KaineMorrison

I loved them.
Can't wait for #3!

Old 03-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #618
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

**** I didn't even realise the 1st 2 were out!!!!

I went to a Dan Slott signing yesterday and asked him to bring back Ben (how could I not) he didn't say no!.... but he didnt say yes either haha

I also thanked him for bringing back Kaine and he said that he would be around more

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

spidey-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:10 AM   #619
Will Nolte
Side-Kick

Slott has done wonders for Kaine. Look at his track record, though, for bringing back old characters and making them cool again:

Kaine
Phil Urich
Cardiac
Original Hobgoblin
Tarantula/Devil Spider
Spidey 2099
Jackal
All those other guys that Kingsley is using for his franchise program...

Hell he even brought back that one dude from Web that no one cared about and made a joke of it.

Dan just has a knack for making all things in continuity work no matter how bad it was. I still think he could write a killer Spidercide story (I mean with the original 'Cide) and make it good. Evil clone pretending to be Ben might sound cheesy, but with how Dan writes, he could make it into a masterpiece...

Will Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #620
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

well we're gonna see Ben in a NEW story at least....

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=51683

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 03-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #621
KaineMorrison

There's actually 2 Ben's in there...
Scarlet Spider and "New" Spider-Man

Old 03-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #622
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

lets hope at the end of it all one is stuck behind...

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 03-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #623
KaineMorrison

Slott, if you're reading this...
Peter died one time before the Morlun story.
It was back in Adjectiveless Spider-Man #17

Old 04-20-2014, 10:52 PM   #624
Panther10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
lets hope at the end of it all one is stuck behind...
I think if any spidey gets left behind it will be the 2099 spidey considering there is a new 2099 series starting I think in July.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #625
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
I think if any spidey gets left behind it will be the 2099 spidey considering there is a new 2099 series starting I think in July.
I think Spidey 2099 is already in 616, he was teaming up with Superior Spidey recently

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★