The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 03-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #26
Morbius
Living Vampire

Default Re: The "I'm super excited" thread

Hey guys, in anticipation for the upcoming Ant Man movie, i'm looking for any recommendations for Ant Man comics to familiarize myself with his backstory etc.

My only real experience with Ant Man was in The Ultimates.

Thanks

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #27
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Hey guys, in anticipation for the upcoming Ant Man movie, i'm looking for any recommendations for Ant Man comics to familiarize myself with his backstory etc.

My only real experience with Ant Man was in The Ultimates.

Thanks
the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon episode "To Steal an Ant-Man" is up on youtube. it's short and to the point. it gives you a look at Hank and Scott. it's also part of Wright's research material for the movie.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #28
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon episode "To Steal an Ant-Man" is up on youtube. it's short and to the point. it gives you a look at Hank and Scott. it's also part of Wright's research material for the movie.
Thanks, Ant-manic

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #29
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Thanks, Ant-manic
not a problem. i picked the cartoon because it's as far from the Ultimates as it gets. i think i remember Ultimate Pym being kind of an angry and violent guy. cartoon Pym's practically a pacifist and a much nicer dude. that's why it's tragic when he creates Ultron.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #30
Six
Six Six Six

I'm super excited for this movie because its so different from anything we've seen so far. Its going to be interesting to see how they handle Ant-Mans powers from a VFX point of view. And they've got some great talent on this thing. Edgar Wright is great, Paul Rudd is a funny guy(haven't seen his acting chops yet but we'll find out here) Michael freakin' Douglas as Pym, and they've got Steve Price doing the score, and he just won an oscar for Gravity, so this movie could be really good.

I have a feeling people are going to be flocking to see it, mostly because it comes out so soon after the Avengers 2. People who otherwise wouldn't be interested in Ant-Man will check it out just to see the next big thing in the MCU.

Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:27 PM   #31
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
I'm super excited for this movie because its so different from anything we've seen so far. Its going to be interesting to see how they handle Ant-Mans powers from a VFX point of view. And they've got some great talent on this thing. Edgar Wright is great, Paul Rudd is a funny guy(haven't seen his acting chops yet but we'll find out here) Michael freakin' Douglas as Pym, and they've got Steve Price doing the score, and he just won an oscar for Gravity, so this movie could be really good.

I have a feeling people are going to be flocking to see it, mostly because it comes out so soon after the Avengers 2. People who otherwise wouldn't be interested in Ant-Man will check it out just to see the next big thing in the MCU.
i'm hoping that Rudd brings in the soccer moms. Douglas will take care of the film snobs. and Evangeline Lilly will sweep up the rest.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #32
Jedi_Atticus
Newbie First Class

I'm hoping they name drop Pym and have a post credit scene in Avengers 2 to help set up for it. I dont see why they wouldn't but I am also alittle shocked that the only references to Pym have been ant killer in IM3 and the deleted reference to him in TIH.

Jedi_Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #33
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Atticus View Post
I'm hoping they name drop Pym and have a post credit scene in Avengers 2 to help set up for it. I dont see why they wouldn't but I am also alittle shocked that the only references to Pym have been ant killer in IM3 and the deleted reference to him in TIH.
what about the vague reference in Thor?

i think there should be a short shot of Stark Industries in the movie; Lang could be walking around the building or in the middle of a job interview. or he could be installing security in Avengers Tower (sort of like his first appearance in the comics).

Old 03-27-2014, 05:10 PM   #34
Jedi_Atticus
Newbie First Class

Quote:
what about the vague reference in Thor?

i think there should be a short shot of Stark Industries in the movie; Lang could be walking around the building or in the middle of a job interview. or he could be installing security in Avengers Tower (sort of like his first appearance in the comics).
my bad, I meant Thor, thinking how that could be taken as Banner too, unless Selvig changed who he was talking about mid sentence...that crazy Selvig. I like your idea.

Jedi_Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #35
Six
Six Six Six

Yeah, since Ant-Man comes out only 2 months after Avengers: Age of Ultron, its pretty much guaranteed the after credits scene will involve Ant-Man some how. "Hey did you see the after credits scene? That shrinking guy was pretty neat!", it will get people talking about it and Ant-Man, as cool as a character he is, will need a bit of a push to get the GA excited about him.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #36
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yep, it would be cool if there were a shot of Lang working as an electrician at Avengers Tower. I mean, I'd probably squeal if they did that because it's EXACTLY how he was introduced in the comics.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 03-30-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #37
Six
Six Six Six

When does filming start? Gotta be soon considering it comes out only 2 months after AoU, which is currently filming

Old 03-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #38
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I could picture Rudd as Lang goofing around as a Stark employee in Avengers like that guy playing old video games on the helicarrier in Avengers.

I'm not sure if Lang is going to work for Stark in Ant-Man. Lang might run his own electronics company like he did after leaving Stark Industries or he might work for Cross Tech Enterprises.
Quote:
When does filming start? Gotta be soon considering it comes out only 2 months after AoU, which is currently filming
Last week of May.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #39
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I could picture Rudd as Lang goofing around as a Stark employee in Avengers like that guy playing old video games on the helicarrier in Avengers.
sounds like Scott. i can think of at least 3 times he was shown playing video games or watching movies, at work. the guy's more of a slacker than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I'm not sure if Lang is going to work for Stark in Ant-Man.
it'd be a shame if he didn't. it's such an easy way to connect him to the rest of the MCU. or maybe he went to prison after stealing from Stark Industries.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:57 PM   #40
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah, since Ant-Man comes out only 2 months after Avengers: Age of Ultron, its pretty much guaranteed the after credits scene will involve Ant-Man some how. "Hey did you see the after credits scene? That shrinking guy was pretty neat!", it will get people talking about it and Ant-Man, as cool as a character he is, will need a bit of a push to get the GA excited about him.
i hope that he or Pym are shown spying on the Avengers. i'd even settle for Ant-Man feeding his ants beneath the table at the shawarma restaraunt.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:20 AM   #41
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm more excited than this than the next 2 Marvel Studios film (GOTG/AOU). This film has been in development since 2008 and when it comes to MCU films, I'm more interested to watch an origin of a superhero.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:32 PM   #42
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

This thread really brings the lulz now.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #43
weezerspider
Side-Kick

I'm really excited to see Wright's vision----wait scratch that.

weezerspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #44
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Old 05-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #45
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Time might return some of the excitement, but right now it isn't there unfortunately. MY FAITH IS FAILING!

Old 05-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #46
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
This thread really brings the lulz now.
especially from the troll perspective.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #47
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
especially from the troll perspective.
I'm sure you'd know.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #48
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'm sure you'd know.
you either own it or be a decent human being. your choice.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #49
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Well,I'm not "super" excited,but I guess I'm more interested than before.

We are T. H. E. M.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #50
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
you either own it or be a decent human being. your choice.
In that case, I should probably make the Wright choice...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
And just leave.