The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 01-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #101
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Well if they do it like EMH, Loki can STILL be sent to the Island of silence, since we really don't know what happened to Odin.
You mean Isle of Silence, my man.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #102
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You mean Isle of Silence, my man.
nit picker..... same thing.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #103
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
nit picker..... same thing.
Tomatoes, tomatolatoes.

But yeah, it is. I am nitpicking. Don't mind me.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #104
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Tomatoes, tomatolatoes.

But yeah, it is. I am nitpicking. Don't mind me.
I can see that sort of thing happening with Loki now that Frigga's gone. I just don't think They'd have time to cover it IN AoU

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #105
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Anyone else having a hard time imagining thors role in this film? You think he may not be a big part of this film?

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #106
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Unless Ultron is powered by an Infinity Stone, or is indeed reverse engineered from the Destroyer armor, then I don't see what kind of stakes he really has aside from "robots killing all of humanity is sort of bad, especially since that includes Jane".

I'm thinking we're going to see him take a very general "Protector of Midgard" stance at the very beginning. He's adopted Earth as his home away from home, and he's going to want to defend it. That's it.

On the meta, his role may be sort of criticizing technology allowed to go rampant. He'll be a powerhouse and the outsider's point of view. But that's all I really see him contributing to the movie.

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:34 AM   #107
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Anyone else having a hard time imagining thors role in this film? You think he may not be a big part of this film?
Aside from the very forced "I'm going to Midgard" at the end of TDW, I just don't see how he fits into this battle. I was under the impression that post-TDW he'd be just bifrosting around, keeping the realms in order - he is after all meant to be leading the Asgardian army, but just based out of Midgard.

I just don't get what his stake in this battle is, aside from bad guys = bad

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:37 AM   #108
The Endless
WE are Groot

What is Thors stake in any battle on Earth that doesn't have personal ties to him (Loki)? He's the protector of the 9 realms. Midgard is one of those realms. That's all there is to it.

Also it's why i like the idea of the twins naturally manifesting super powers. How would someone like Thor react to the idea that mere mortals have developed super powers that rival his own?

Old 03-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #109
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Well yes, his duty is to protect Midgard, but equally he can't get involved in every minor scuffle that happens in every realm. Ultron is going to need to threaten the very existence of Midgard to really warrant him rocking up. It can't just be "Avengers, ASSEMBLE!" and he's there

Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 03-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #110
The Endless
WE are Groot

Well yea that's true. And that is the point of these Avengers films. They are basically big cross over events from the comics... in film form. The threat from Ultron will be substantial. He basically wants to wipe humanity off the face of the Earth because he sees biological life as inferior and outdated.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #111
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I actually hope that Ultron is most afraid of Thor. The power of Asgard should by all rights be well outside his purview.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #112
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

I really hope he does have a significant amount of screentime - his interactions with the Earth-bound Avengers were brilliantly done, and underlined that Asgard is an alien world

Old 03-27-2014, 08:06 AM   #113
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I actually hope that Ultron is most afraid of Thor. The power of Asgard should by all rights be well outside his purview.
Hmm not always. In the comics Ultron is made out of Adamantium. In this film i guess it will be Vibranium, same as Cap's shield. And we've seen what happens when Thor puts his hammer down on that.

Ultron's key feature is he is pretty much indestructible to all physical attacks.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #114
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Considering Cap's shield is allegedly all the Vibranium in the world, I can't see him being made of it. Stark might be many things, but being able to create metal is not one of them

Old 03-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #115
The Endless
WE are Groot

Cap's shield was all they had in the 1940s. A lot can happen in 70 odd years.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #116
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Well yes, but magicking up more metal isn't one of them. Not unless Vibranium is a by-product of bifrost sites

Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #117
The Endless
WE are Groot

Or they discover more meteorites (presuming that is where Vibranium comes from). Or they have developed ties to a certain African nation.

Time will tell. But i imagine Ultron will be incredibly durable and the metal Stark uses for his armours won't cut it.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:34 AM   #118
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

If Ultron is going to battle all The Avengers, he better have a pretty tough shell. I dont see him in a titanium body getting the drop on Thor etc. I expect him to acquire some more Vibranium in Wakanda or someplace else.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #119
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

What is Bucky's arm made of in TWS? Considering what he does with it, you would think it was also Vibranium.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #120
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

I'm looking forward to see the new Thor outfit. I think the one from the first Avengers movie is still my favourite.
Although... if he has been on Earth all this time, why would he have a different suit?

VulcanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #121
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

For the same reason getting struck by lightning in Avengers made him grow metal arm plating :P

Old 03-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #122
The Endless
WE are Groot

I think his costume in TDW was the best one. His pants in Avengers looked pretty silly. Like tracksuit bottoms.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #123
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
For the same reason getting struck by lightning in Avengers made him grow metal arm plating :P
Yeah, now I can see him in his underwear letting a lightning grow him some pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
I think his costume in TDW was the best one. His pants in Avengers looked pretty silly. Like tracksuit bottoms.
I actually like him looking more alien and less medieval.

VulcanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #124
storyteller
Side-Kick

I think Thor has chose to stay on earth. He's not going back and forth. He's no longer leading Asgards army. He essentially renounced his Throne. So Loki is free to do whatever because Thor aint around or in contact.

So Ultron on the loose is a big deal.

I honestly don't see how he would have a worse time connecting to the threat then Hawkeye, Cap, Hulk , and everyone else not involved in his creation. The comics seem to get by. Ultron causes trouble. Thor comes in. Ultron kicks Thors ass. Thor now has words for Ultron.

He doesn't need to be Ultrons cousin. Bad people doing bad things is more then enough.

If they play with the fact that Ultron is constantly upgrading, then the trick here is that the foe keeps adapting.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #125
BrollySupersj
Talent for disruption

Anyone know when Hemsworth is supposed to be on set?

BrollySupersj is offline   Reply With Quote