The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agent Carter

Old 03-27-2014, 06:32 AM   #201
eon001
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel Readying 'Agent Carter' Series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
If the MCU Nick Fury indeed has the Infinity Formula to keep him young, then I can see them perhaps introducing Fury during the early days of SHIELD.
I had my own idea behind Nick Fury. It refers to the James Bond theory which entertains the idea that "James Bond" is just a title that get's past on from agent to agent.

If Nick Fury is just a mantle, then maybe there was a Nick Fury that existed in the 40's/50's. Give's Marvel an opportunity to introduce the classic Nick Fury without messing with the MCU continuity. He dies and Samuel Jackson inherits the title and continues the legacy.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #202
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
And they can easily explain Captain America's absence. Off on a solo mission or whatever.
The Howling Commandos think Cap is dead.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #203
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The Howling Commandos think Cap is dead.
Oh that's right. I'm getting my time lines mixed up. That's even better. No need to explain anything.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #204
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
I had my own idea behind Nick Fury. It refers to the James Bond theory which entertains the idea that "James Bond" is just a title that get's past on from agent to agent.

If Nick Fury is just a mantle, then maybe there was a Nick Fury that existed in the 40's/50's. Give's Marvel an opportunity to introduce the classic Nick Fury without messing with the MCU continuity. He dies and Samuel Jackson inherits the title and continues the legacy.
Skyfall shot the "James Bond is actually just a code-name" theory to Hell. It's his real name.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:53 AM   #205
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

There is no need to resort to the multiple Nick Furys scenario if he took the Infinity Formula as he did in the comics. He could be very nearly Steve Rogers' real age now but without aging due to the formula. That would be the preferred solution because it would allow for Nick working with Peggy and Howard Stark back in the 1940's while remaining young enough in the intervening seven decades to still lead SHIELD today. The writers have said that it's going to be Peggy's show, however, so if Fury and Stark appear it wouldn't be often, anyway.

On a side note, I would love to see the story with Nick Fury's son play out in the MCU, only with Nick Fury Jr. looking White because he had a caucasian mother. That would flip the inane 616 universe version on its head. Then there could eventually be an eye-patch wearing, cigar chomping White Nick Fury in the MCU, just like the 616 Universe original. Come to think of it, a few heads would explode if that happened.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:05 AM   #206
the gael
Side-Kick

I'm still surprised that the dumb "James Bond is a code name" is still believed How can people really believe that 6 different guys can all have a scottish father and a french speaking swiss mother (Skyfall), that both died in an accident at the same time. And all married a woman named Teresa / tracy who died the day they married (OHMSS and For your eyes only) ?

The only logacial explanation for this is that James Bond is only one guy, and 007 is the real code name.

That being said, the infinite formula from the comics would work just fine if they want to use Nick Fury in the Peggy Carter series. But, having seen Captain america TWS, I have some serious doubt that we will se him in it...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
because it is said in the movie that Pierce and Fury joined the SHIELD at the same time after a rescue mission Nick Fury did all by himself

the gael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:11 AM   #207
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gael View Post
I'm still surprised that the dumb "James Bond is a code name" is still believed How can people really believe that 6 different guys can all have a scottish father and a french speaking swiss mother (Skyfall), that both died in an accident at the same time. And all married a woman named Teresa / tracy who died the day they married (OHMSS and For your eyes only) [/SPOILER]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Skyfall shot the "James Bond is actually just a code-name" theory to Hell. It's his real name.
I'm aware of both of these things. The Bond code name would not be an easy sell in the Bond universe, but the theory could work just fine in the MCU. Haven't got a problem with the Infinity formula either, just playing around with different ideas.

Speaking of the Infinity formula, didn't Black Widow take the formula herself in the comics? She's supposed to be around the same age as Fury. Would be cool if they explored more of Widows back story.

Edit: Done a bit of digging. I hear Black Widow's history goes as far back as the Cold War. She could potential cross over into the Agent Carter series. Black Widow vs Agent Carter? Yes please.

Last edited by eon001; 03-28-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #208
Shoppy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yup, despite having returning cast members like Judi Dench, the Daniel Craig movies are meant as a straight reboot..... whereas Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan are all playing the same guy, you just have to ignore how much real time passes between productions

Shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #209
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/pilo...-buzz-edition/
Quote:
Then there is Marvel’s stealth Agent Carter project. Last year, the company went into Fort Knox mode on its Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, which was kept under lock and key. They took that a notch further this year with Agent Carter. Because there is a prototype — the project is inspired by a one shot, which was featured on the Blu-ray release of Iron Man 3 — word has been that it would forgo a pilot and go straight to series. The script was finished more than three months ago (“the script is great,” ABC’s Paul Lee said back in January), the option on one-shot’s star Hayley Atwell came up and was extended, but the green light never came. Now there is talk that a pickup for Agent Carter may come along with a renewal for Marvel’s freshman Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with the new series possibly serving as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D.
So basically exactly what they were planning to do with Once Upon a Time in Wonderland until they immediately went back on that and dropped it in the most dangerous slot on the schedule.

Lets see if they have the balls to follow through this time.

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #210
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Can't wait for this! Any idea what time period the show will be set in?

Old 04-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #211
Loki882
Side-Kick

According to Markus and McFeely, it would be set in 1946.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:57 PM   #212
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
According to Markus and McFeely, it would be set in 1946.
Awesome! I wonder how many of the commandos they would get for the show. I would love for Dum Dum to be part of it. Wonder if they will expand on what the blue liquid was and what Zodiac is?

Old 04-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #213
Silvermoth
Avenger

This sounds like such a good idea. I would love to see more of the challenges that began with making an organisation such as shield. I wonder if
Toby jones
would be happy with a cameo? He appeared in doctor who before so I think he wouldn't mind

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #214
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Fall 2014: Agents of SHIELD S2 Part 1
Winter 2015: Agent Carter S1
Spring 2015: Agents of SHIELD S2 Part 2
May 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron

I like the sound of that. And I imagine the Daredevil Netflix show will drop sometime that summer along with Ant-Man and Jessica Jones sometime in the fall.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #215
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Fall 2014: Agents of SHIELD S2 Part 1
Winter 2015: Agent Carter S1
Spring 2015: Agents of SHIELD S2 Part 2
May 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron

I like the sound of that. And I imagine the Daredevil Netflix show will drop sometime that summer along with Ant-Man and Jessica Jones sometime in the fall.

Yeah, I like that schedule. Keeps me occupied the whole time.

This week, AOU has been shooting in London, and the scene involves Chris Evans and Hayley Atwell reprising their CATFA roles in WWII-era England. (The scene also involves Paul Bettany, who's now confirmed to be playing Vision. There's nothing definite about why he's in this scene, but fandom -- including me -- thinks he's playing the original (human) Edwin Jarvis in that scene.) There's lots of fun speculation about what that's all about --- flashbacks, time travel, reality alteration, mind games, you name it.

But I'm wondering if it might actually be for the Peggy Carter series instead of AOU....I'm sure Joss could take just a few hours to direct an episode, and take advantage of having Evans and Atwell together again (however briefly).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:39 AM   #216
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark) on Agent Carter:

Quote:
I haven’t seen it! I keep missing it. Is it any good? It was good fun doing that. I saw Hayley Atwell recently and she mentioned the whole idea of the Carter thing since the short. So yeah, any way that Stark could make a comeback I’d be well up for it, because he’s a really fun character to play and he’s so influential in the backbone of what they become. So I love being part of it and they’re an incredible group of people to be working with. They’re making some extraordinary stuff. I’d be well up for doing anything like that again.
On whether people recognize him for playing Howard:

Quote:
I don’t get recognized for being Howard Stark too much. It takes people quite a bit of time to realize that I play him, that that’s me, only real diehard fans. But no, it’s funny, not a great deal.

HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #217
Shakel92
Side-Kick

I'm really hoping this works out, especially if it is 13 episodes sandwiched between the first and second half of AoS season 2. It would be a nice filler while we wait, plus it can hopefully tell an interesting story that provides some backstory for the MCU.

Shakel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #218
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark) on Agent Carter:

On whether people recognize him for playing Howard:
i wonder if he's still dating 'Raina.'

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #219
Shakel92
Side-Kick

I have a feeling that season 2 of Agents of Shield will be announced, paired with an announcement about Agent Carter's new show.

Shakel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #220
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Since 24: Live Another Day is a 12 ep series, I think Agent Carter may turn out to be the same.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #221
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Given the revelation of
HYDRA infiltration of SHIELD
back in its formation. I'd imagine they explore that in this series.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #222
seishin87
Side-Kick

If last night's AoS is any indication, I'd bet we've got a teaser of what the prop department folks got in store for us with Agent Carter.

seishin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #223
Shoppy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by seishin87 View Post
If last night's AoS is any indication, I'd bet we've got a teaser of what the prop department folks got in store for us with Agent Carter.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Has AOS been given a second series yet?
I've wondered whether they might do an Agent Carter series 2014-15 and AOS season 2 after Avengers:AOU ?

Shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:12 PM   #224
seishin87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoppy View Post
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Has AOS been given a second series yet?
I've wondered whether they might do an Agent Carter series 2014-15 and AOS season 2 after Avengers:AOU ?

It seems like season 2 of AoS is a done deal, just waiting to get official confirmation although there's some speculation we might get a split season of sorts, 12/13 episodes for AoS and Agent Carter each, and in the case of AC the plan is already for a limited series of sorts and then seeing where the story goes from there. I guess it depends on where things will be at the start of AoU. Perhaps we could get a spring '15 start for AC ledading into AoU with AoS already going since Aug/Sep of '14.

seishin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:15 AM   #225
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Since 24: Live Another Day is a 12 ep series, I think Agent Carter may turn out to be the same.
Yup, that's what the plan is. Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (writers of CA:TWS) also wrote the Agent Carter pilot. As per this article from ScreenRant, which ran about a month ago, this is what McFeely had to say: "Thatís my hope, is that it would be something like [Under the Dome]. Our case would be that it would be a limited series and you would wrap up that one bad guy and that one case, and then if you like it weíll do it again next year and itís 1947."

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote