Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #726
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
I did this morning, but nothing was said.
Yeah, it's pretty weird that the mods aren't explaining what happened with milost.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #727
Travesty
TEOL

They just did.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #728
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Sometimes I think the mods are way too harsh. He even stopped posting for sometime as some got upset with him.

Whatever you thought of him, he was the heartbeat of TDKR board.If your reading this Milost, I will miss you. *tear flows down left cheek*

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #729
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Sometimes I think the mods are way too harsh. He even stopped posting for sometime as some got upset with him.

Whatever you thought of him, he was the heartbeat of TDKR board.If your reading this Milost, I will miss you. *tear flows down left cheek*
Considering the reason has gotten others banned, it wouldn't really be fair to give him a free pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
He was found to be a previously banned user who was banned for making repeated homophobic slurs.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #730
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
He probably stopped posting for awhile to avoid drawing attention to himself and his status as a previously banned user.

You gotta admit, it is a little funny that so many banned posters try their hardest to come back here to continue posting. It's like George Costanza trying to pretend he didn't just quit his job, or a student who was expelled from school trying to sneak back into classes unnoticed.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #731
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
He probably stopped posting for awhile to avoid drawing attention to himself and his status as a previously banned user.

You gotta admit, it is a little funny that so many banned posters try their hardest to come back here to continue posting. It's like George Costanza trying to pretend he didn't just quit his job, or a student who was expelled from school trying to sneak back into classes unnoticed.
He came back? Why would someone immediatly come backafter being banned? It's too suspecious.

It's best to wait a good while, if you did want back!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Old 03-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #732
Ryan
Side-Kick

I personally find as time has gone on, I enjoy TDKR less and less. To be honest, it bugs me that I don't enjoy it more and I wonder why I didn't enjoy it as much as the other. Batman Begins really hit the right note with me when I saw it. Its what I had hoped Batman 89 would have been, but wasn't. All the elements that I enjoyed about the Batman mythos just seemed to better addressed.
When I first saw TDK I left the theatre scratching my head over what I had seen. I was expecting much more of the film to be told from Batman's perspective and was still expecting the tone of the film to be like BB. However as time went on, I began to really appreciate it as just a great story, with a great ensemble cast, and enjoyed having a sequel that didn't feel like one.
Which brings me to TDKR. Someone on the board said that TDKR felt like BB but filmed liked TDK. I don't know if I agree or disagree with that, but I definitely felt that TDKR just felt all too familiar. I"d like to say that TDKR wasn't enjoyable because it didn't fit my preconceived ideas of what I hoped it would have. I had hoped it would have had more of an obsessive Batman that had had grown angrier and more paranoid over time. I had hoped for a new 'batmobile" and had definitely hoped for a cooler batcave. I also hoped that Batman would not retire, and we would have seen an ending more similar to TDKReturns. In the end, my one real hope is that it wouldn't be a case of bigger being better and an upping of the threat to nuclear bomb status.
Did these preconceived notions ruin the fun of the film for me? No. I look back at how I felt about TDK and how over time I appreciated it more and more.
When I first watched TDKR in the theatres, I really enjoyed the movie up until Gordon got shot. With Blake's revelation, the Bat, the nuclear bomb, I felt myself slinking further back into my seat and not enjoying Nolan's direction for the rest of the film. Nowadays when/if I do play TDKR, I find myself doing a lot of fast forwarding, specifically to the Bane scenes (as I did enjoy Hardy's performance) or the Catwoman scenes.
I still really enjoy overall what Nolan brought to the screen. While I was open to them having a new Batman, I can't say that I'm excited about the casting of Affleck or Mos2. But then again, only time will tell.

Last edited by Ryan; 03-29-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #733
shauner111
Side-Kick

milost certainly wasn't the "heartbeat" of this thread. i dont even remember him being here when it was hot.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #734
horrorwriter
Bad Moon Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I personally find as time has gone on, TDKR less and less. To be honest, it bugs me that I don't enjoy it more and I wonder why I didn't enjoy it as much as the other. Batman Begins really hit the right note with me when I saw it. Its what I had hoped Batman 89 would have been, but wasn't. All the elements that I enjoyed about the Batman mythos just seemed to better addressed.
When I first saw TDK I left the theatre scratching my head over what I had scene. I was expecting much more of the film to be told from Batman's perspective and was still expecting the tone of the film to be like BB. However as time went on, I began to really appreciate it as just a great story, with a great ensemble cast, and enjoyed having a sequel that didn't feel like one.
Which brings me to TDKR. Someone on the board said that TDKR felt like BB but filmed liked TDK. I don't know if I agree or disagree with that, but I definitely felt that TDKR just felt all too familiar. I"d like to say that TDKR wasn't enjoyable because it didn't fit my preconceived ideas of what I hoped it would have. I had hoped it would have had more of an obsessive Batman that had had grown angrier and more paranoid over time. I had hoped for a new 'batmobile" and had definitely hoped for a cooler batcave. I also hoped that Batman would not retire, and we would have seen an ending more similar to TDKReturns. In the end, my one real hope is that it wouldn't be a case of bigger being better and an upping of the threat to nuclear bomb status.
Did these preconceived notions ruin the fun of the film for me? No. I look back at how I felt about TDK and how over time I appreciated it more and more.
When I first watched TDKR in the theatres, I really enjoyed the movie up until Gordon got shot. With Blake's revelation, the Bat, the nuclear bomb, I felt myself slinking further back into my seat and not enjoying Nolan's direction for the rest of the film. Nowadays when/if I do play TDKR, I find myself doing a lot of fast forwarding, specifically to the Bane scenes (as I did enjoy Hardy's performance) or the Catwoman scenes.
I still really enjoy overall what Nolan brought to the screen. While I was open to them having a new Batman, I can't say that I'm excited about the casting of Affleck or Mos2. But then again, only time will tell.
I thought TDKR was better than TDk to be honest. And I thought TDK was superb. I also thought BB was fantastic and gave me a feeling of watching a "revenge" movie eventhough it was about justice. And I thought TDK would be like watching a horror film considering it subliminally had to do with Gotham's soul, and the Joker's hideous face being an infection to the crime and good, and then TWO Face also becoming that infection. But TDK was to me about "redemption" and was like a "crime" movie. HEAT comes to mind.

What I absolutley loved about TDKR was how depressing it was. There was just a huge dark force at play. So grim and terroristic. The last movie fealt like a horror movie. Just my Opinion.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #735
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Thumbs up Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I personally find as time has gone on, TDKR less and less. To be honest, it bugs me that I don't enjoy it more and I wonder why I didn't enjoy it as much as the other. Batman Begins really hit the right note with me when I saw it. Its what I had hoped Batman 89 would have been, but wasn't. All the elements that I enjoyed about the Batman mythos just seemed to better addressed.
When I first saw TDK I left the theatre scratching my head over what I had scene. I was expecting much more of the film to be told from Batman's perspective and was still expecting the tone of the film to be like BB. However as time went on, I began to really appreciate it as just a great story, with a great ensemble cast, and enjoyed having a sequel that didn't feel like one.
Well said

There was a sense of repetitiveness with some of the plot. Another destroy the city plan using a Wayne Enterprises device. Another Al Ghul pretending to be someone they're not. Bruce Wayne training himself up in a foreign country. Another Cop chase of Batman etc.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-28-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:17 AM   #736
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

The cop chase of Batman was outstanding.

I loved the scene where they gave up on chasing Bane to go after Batman.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:21 AM   #737
Fudgie
Banned User

The Cop chase was meh. Nothing outstanding about it. Standard chase. No spectacle to it. In Begins it was awesome. Tumbler driving on rooftops, shooting down walls, driving over Cops cars and flipping them over. Now that was an outstanding chase.

Rises ain't gonna age well. BB and TDK will.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:24 AM   #738
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Well said

There was a sense of repetitiveness with some of the plot. Another destroy the city plan using a Wayne Enterprises device. Another Al Ghul pretending to be someone they're not. Bruce Wayne training himself up in a foreign country. Another Cop chase of Batman etc.
I liked the cops chasing Batman again/ Bruce training himself. Even if it is "repetitive" cops chasing Batman fitted well with the story as he took the blame for Dent's crimes.

Bruce training himself again goes back to Begins... as much of the film's themes go back to that film (Fear, the only reason the prisoners can't escape is because fear keeps them there).

Old 03-29-2014, 05:30 AM   #739
Fudgie
Banned User

Bruce's training was meh as well. A few push ups and press ups with the old prisoner rabbiting in his ear with the translator guy on hand every 5 minutes.

The Cop chase should have been something like this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Instead of the dullard chase down the street and easy escape in The Bat we got.

If they were going to repeat themselves then spice it up. Not make it boring versions of something they already did in Begins.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #740
Tequilla
Side-Kick

I always wanted to see those Nolan bro quotes about Talia.....

Old 03-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #741
shauner111
Side-Kick

The cop chase in Rises is better than Begins. In Begins he's supposed to have these rules yet he's literally pancaking cop cars to the point where they should have been killed. I love the rooftop stuff but it's very cartoony. We were always going to get a cop car chase scene in the 3rd, he was a fugitive. Even when people expected the movie to be based on Prey, we were waiting for a long scene like that.

It was definitely a spectacle. I thought it was very exciting and nothing like the scene in Begins.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #742
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

The Cop chase in Rises was as vanilla as it comes with regards to car chases. There's no action, drama, or adrenaline to it.

The one in Begins was supposed to show Batman being reckless. It makes a point of it when he returns home and Alfred chews him out over it, saying it's a miracle nobody was killed. It was supposed to show him acting out of order. But it was a big spectacle chase. Exciting and full of variety. The one in Rises was plain Jane.

- The Joker
Old 03-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #743
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Bruce's training was meh as well. A few push ups and press ups with the old prisoner rabbiting in his ear with the translator guy on hand every 5 minutes.

The Cop chase should have been something like this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Instead of the dullard chase down the street and easy escape in The Bat we got.

If they were going to repeat themselves then spice it up. Not make it boring versions of something they already did in Begins.
Ok, the chase scene was dull but the training?

He broke his back... 2 times.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #744
The Batman
The Dark Knight

There's no way in hell that the TDKR Cop chase was superior to BB's.

BB's chase told a much better story, had stakes and tension, as well as variety.

TDKR's cop chase is only memorable because that's the first Batman scene in the movie after 50 minutes of waiting.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #745
Travesty
TEOL

The chase scene in TDKR actually made me appreciate the Bat-pod, cause I still think it was a pretty weak vehicle in TDK, but it was really cool in TDKR. Now, with that said, the chase scene in BB is MUCH better. Seeing The Tumbler scream through the street and evade the cop cars was something else.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #746
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

BB's chase told a much better story, had stakes and tension, as well as variety.

TDKR's cop chase is only memorable because that's the first Batman scene in the movie after 50 minutes of waiting.
There wasn't much Batman there in the whole film really. Even though BB was an origin it still had more Batman.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #747
The Batman
The Dark Knight

^ I mean, the sparseness of Batman in that film just makes you appreciate whatever scenes he does have. Like I said, the first chase is mostly exciting because its the first time you've seen Batman in nearly an hour.

Meanwhile, The Tumbler chase was straight badass. I had the same reaction watching that chase that Gordon did the first time he saw The Tumbler.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #748
The Endless
WE are Groot

Yea the chase in Begins is still the best one in the trilogy. The one in TDK was great for how tense it was, but technically it wasn't well filmed or edited. The one in Rises wasn't that memorable apart from the score.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #749
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
The Cop chase in Rises was as vanilla as it comes with regards to car chases. There's no action, drama, or adrenaline to it.

The one in Begins was supposed to show Batman being reckless. It makes a point of it when he returns home and Alfred chews him out over it, saying it's a miracle nobody was killed. It was supposed to show him acting out of order. But it was a big spectacle chase. Exciting and full of variety. The one in Rises was plain Jane.
I felt a lot of adrenaline, still do, everytime i watch it. It's almost straight out of Returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

I disagree.

The Begins one had stakes and this one didnt? Huh! Interesting..

Old 03-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #750
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Only thing straight out of out Returns was "Why are you slowing down/You're in for a show tonight, kid". Which didn't even make sense in the context of fhe film/trilogy.

Closed Thread