The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 08-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #201
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: Welcome to Earth One! - Part 1

Wonder Woman: Earth One has a new subtitle- The Trial of Diana Prince, and her origin will be revamped.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #202
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Wonder Woman: Earth One has a new subtitle- The Trial of Diana Prince, and her origin will be revamped.
Wasn't it kinda common knowledge the origin would be revamped? I mean these are the Earth One books. They're a different take on things.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #203
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

The basics are still there, Superman was rocketed from a doomed planet to Earth, Batman still saw his parents gunned down in front of him. Grant Morrison doesn't like the clay origin and Amazons are all (maybe excluding Diana) lesbians now. But yeah, to be expected changes.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #204
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
The basics are still there, Superman was rocketed from a doomed planet to Earth, Batman still saw his parents gunned down in front of him. Grant Morrison doesn't like the clay origin and Amazons are all (maybe excluding Diana) lesbians now. But yeah, to be expected changes.
Word yeah not totally revamped but some changes here and there. I loved both Superman Earth Ones and Batman's as well. Looking forward to this.

Dats it!

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #205
Lord
All Mighty

I actually found Superman and Batman quite weak, i'm looking forward to this though, expecially since it is Grant Morrison, i hope he doesn't disapoint. Anybody else seen this supposed art for Zod in Superman Earth One volume 3?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #206
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I almost thought this was gonna be news on Morrison's Wonder Woman .

I need it. Multiversity too.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #207
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

I love this series so far. Hopefully they're logical with the female characters and don't just make them into sex symbols.

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #208
Tron Bonne
There's Evil Here. Within

Morrison kind of have a hit or miss record with female characters. In some stuff, like The Invisibles, he did pretty well, but in other stuff, such as Talia through his Batman stuff, it was not good (he did try to bridge that, to his credit, but I don't think he did a particularly good job). But he seems to be putting a lot of effort into this, and that's always a good sign.

Quote:
Well, he has said that every girl on Paradise Island has kissed a girl, including Diana. It's not all that new or different, though. There's been a lot of implication of lesbian relations in Wonder Woman going back to the original stories. Though I don't know if they'll actually be lesbians in the traditional view of the word.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 01-17-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #209
Tron Bonne

Also, is the title of the book Wonder Woman: Earth One, The Trial of Diana Prince, or did they drop Earth One from it? I've been kind of curious about whether or not they were going to phase out the Earth One stuff since so little was heard from it when they launched the New 52.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #210
Lord
All Mighty

I think it dropped the Earth One part of the title, after New 52 they already released some volumes, so it seems like the imprint is still alive. However, DC doesn't seem to care all that much for it, telling the superman writter to do as many volumes as he wants to and besides the Trinity we haven't heard of any other character, hell, it seems like we're getting Wonder Woman only because Grant Morrison asked for it and because he was already making that story.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #211
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

It's been a while since we've had any updates, so I though I post something for people, here's two commissioned sketches of Paquette's Earth One Wonder Woman:

Also, the DC Direct statue of her:

Old 03-01-2014, 02:59 AM   #212
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning

guess dc forced him, because he straight up told me the American flag is gone from her costume (last may) and that she will look more Amazon/Greek

Old 03-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #213
Tron Bonne

Dang, I really like that look.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2014, 02:34 AM   #214
Gabe99
Side-Kick

EXCLUSIVE: DiDio Plots Future of "Earth One," Plans "Interconnected" Third Weekly Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Ching
2013 came and went without DC Comics releasing an "Earth One" book, but the line -- hardcover original graphic novels set outside of DC's mainline continuity, and aimed to tell accessible stories from the early days of the company's iconic characters -- still has plenty of life.

On the eve of Emerald City Comicon, DC Comics announced to retailers in Seattle plans for "Teen Titans: Earth One," scheduled for release on Nov. 19 from the creative team of writer Jeff Lemire and artist Terry Dodson. 2015 will bring a third volume of "Superman: Earth One," the from returning writer J. Michael Straczynski and artist Ardian Syaf, new to the series; and a second installment of "Batman: Earth One," from the familiar team of Geoff Johns and Gary Frank. Plus, "Wonder Woman: Earth One" from Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette, remains in motion, though a release date has not been set.

CBR News spoke exclusively with DC Comics co-publisher Dan DiDio about the future of the Earth One line, and why it's important to the company. Additionally, DiDio shared a bit about the upcoming, still-shrouded-in-mystery third weekly series, and DC editorial's move from New York City to Burbank, California, planned for 2015.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:35 AM   #215
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Teen Titans: Earth One

EXCLUSIVE: Adult Superheroes Don't Exist in Lemire's "Teen Titans: Earth One" OGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Renaud
Set in continuity-free universes which reimagine the DC Universe's major players, the "Earth One" original, stand-alone graphic novels are produced by the biggest names in the industry. Today, at Emerald City Comic Con, during the publisher's Retailer Roadshow, "Teen Titans: Earth One," Volume 1 was announced. Written by Jeff Lemire and illustrated, colored and inked by Terry and Rachel Dodson, the publisher's latest OGN arrives in stores on November 19.

Also announced today were "Superman: Earth One" Volume 3 by J. Michael Straczynski and Ardian Syaf and "Batman: Earth One" Volume 2 by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank. Both sequels to the bestselling series are set to arrive in 2015. DC also confirmed that the long-awaited "Wonder Woman: Earth One," by Grant Morrison and Yannick Paquette, will arrive next year, as well.

In an exclusive interview with CBR News, Lemire assures fans that despite his already full workload, "Teen Titans: Earth One" won't slow him down or cause his departure from one of his other projects as the script is already complete. The award winning creator exclaimed his love for Marv Wolfman and George Pérez's "The New Teen Titans," discussed the lack of grown-up superheroes in his Titans' world, which Titans are featured in this project -- and which one he had a crush on while he was growing up.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:40 AM   #216
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

I can get behind Ardian Syaf on Superman: Earth One. However I am hoping they do a Flash and GL book as well as a Green Arrow one.

Superman Earth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #217
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Earth1 View Post
I can get behind Ardian Syaf on Superman: Earth One. However I am hoping they do a Flash and GL book as well as a Green Arrow one.
Would love to get those.

Dats it!

Old 03-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #218
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Duuuude. What happened to Shane Davis on Superman Earth One??!!

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #219
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Duuuude. What happened to Shane Davis on Superman Earth One??!!
He was working on a project for Legendary at the time.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #220
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Default Re: Teen Titans: Earth One

Well I will for sure be skipping this one.

But how long is WW going to take? Feels like its been in development for the past 3 years. Looks like DC is trying to release it when the S/B film comes out.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #221
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Earth1 View Post
Grant Morrison said he'd like to do a Flash: Earth One.

C'mon DC, just let it happen. Oh and GL.

Anyway, how does the Earth One line actually work now then? Superman/Batman are the same world, but Teen Titans isn't? I guess Wondy might not either.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #222
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Grant Morrison said he'd like to do a Flash: Earth One.

C'mon DC, just let it happen. Oh and GL.

Anyway, how does the Earth One line actually work now then? Superman/Batman are the same world, but Teen Titans isn't? I guess Wondy might not either.
I'm thinking they're all still in the same world because in the interview he said he couldn't use Robin or Wonder Girl because they haven't been introduced yet. We know Wonder Woman is in the same world because that was confirmed a while back. But I just think the Teen Titans are going to minor to the Earth One world until they introduce Robin and Wonder Girl.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #223
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

He also said Batman and Wonder Woman don't exist. But instead of saying it's not linked to Superman and Batman he said that it's not linked "yet".

Old 03-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #224
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I'll passing on Teen Titans due to the lack of Robin.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:11 AM   #225
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I can't wait to read batman earth one volume 2. I loved volume 1. It was full of great ideas and very moving.

I'm dancing the Batusi in front of Bane Hardy
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote