The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 04-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #726
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Ign has an article that kind of explores the route options Fox has for the film. While I don't agree with all of it, (mainly the Cable/Wolverine one chracter stuff), they definitely got this part right amongst some others...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...ld-work?page=1
Quote:
They deal with heroes making difficult, often impossible choices and living with the consequences. Characters like Wolverine and Psylocke struggle with the burden of taking lives and damning their own souls in hopes of guaranteeing a better future for the rest of mutantkind.

That element, above all else, is why Rick Remender’s Uncanny X-Force has emerged as one of the best X-Men sagas ever crafted. And whether or not an X-Force movie directly adapts Remender’s work, it’s that element that should form the core of the film. Beneath the action and spectacle and violence, the movie should connect with viewers on an emotional level and allow them to see the mutant struggle in a new light.

Last edited by def28; 04-02-2014 at 06:13 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #727
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

First off If Wolverine Is In X-force I doudt they go ultimate Wolverine/cable
route.

I can see them with both Cable and Wolverine as centrel characters of the 5 member X-Force.Wolverine might be in here to help launch X-force and turn It over to cable for sequels if GA like it.

If cable In I expect Domino In with him.

I will bet money Deadpool Is in this. They clearly want to use him again.

Odds are If wolverine Is In Film It could be Psylocke as final member.

The big question Is X-Force set In more present or after the 1980's events of
Apocalypse. Apocalypse will undoudtly be villain of X-force.

If wolverine is In X-force it's possibly third wolverine film could lead Into X-force.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #728
def28
Side-Kick

The thing to take here is even if they don't adapt UXF, they should be looking at it's themes and elements. As mentioned in that article it should be a go to source regardless.

Last edited by def28; 04-03-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #729
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I wish this would get going.

With Jackman signed on for Wolverine 3 I could see him being in it. Though I'd like them to not put him in, just to be different from X-Men

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #730
Dr. Evil
Gamora

If they had done this for 2016, perhaps Logan can show up in the post credits.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #731
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I wish this would get going.

With Jackman signed on for Wolverine 3 I could see him being in it. Though I'd like them to not put him in, just to be different from X-Men
If they were adapting the right story I'd have nothing wrong with it. Logan's run/role on X-Fore is good stuff and very different from his role on X-Men because of the characters he's around and their motives. They break the rules as much as him which makes for a newer interesting dynamic and clash.

Don't think he will be here though, going by Wadlow's early words on this being about mutants who do not make it to the mansion. Besides there being 5 members, that's all we really know.

Last edited by def28; 04-03-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #732
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/0...vie-could-work

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #733
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Posted up top, that's why we were discussing all that haha.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #734
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I really reeeaaally hope they don't try to do UXF

There is no way to adapt that with the current movie universe and do it any sort of justice at all
it would be so bad, I think it might actually put people off from going back to read the books

I'd much rather see a combination of the teams, go with Cable, Psylocke, Warpath, Deadpool, Domino, and Cannonball.
And then story wise... idk... maybe elements of the Kyle/Yost storyline

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #735
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
If they were adapting the right story I'd have nothing wrong with it. Logan's run/role on X-Fore is good stuff and very different from his role on X-Men because of the characters he's around and their motives. They break the rules as much as him which makes for a newer interesting dynamic and clash.

Don't think he will be here though, going by Wadlow's early words on this being about mutants who do not make it to the mansion. Besides there being 5 members, that's all we really know.
Thing Is Wadlow's words would also rule out Colossus and Angel.

They could do X-force with Cable,Domino,Deadpool,Psylocke and someone else

If X-force Is mystery film for 2018 would they really have as their big 2018 summer tentpole a film with no familary characters or actors. Granted Apocalypse could be villain but still.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #736
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I really reeeaaally hope they don't try to do UXF

There is no way to adapt that with the current movie universe and do it any sort of justice at all
it would be so bad, I think it might actually put people off from going back to read the books
An exact adaptation of the plot is completely impossible at this point, but using it as a source point for characters, themes and elements are not. I don't see the problem with that. It's the strongest stuff they have.

Last edited by def28; 04-04-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #737
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Thing Is Wadlow's words would also rule out Colossus and Angel.
Definitely. And with Colossus he should be ruled out regardless. He's not important here and doesn't fit. Colossus was only a part of X-Force for a minimal time and it was more he couldn't go anywhere else because of what he did in Avengers Vs X-Men. He locked himself in Jail cause he felt so bad. He really doesn't belong on that team with his personality. Wadlow was just naming the current roster of Cable and X-Force at the time, and the mansion comment confirms this even more. There are much more crucial and unintroduced members to give that role too. His Sister would be a better choice, given her broken moral and darker character.

ArchAngel on the other hand is extremely important on the Yost/Kyle run and Remenders UXF. But he doesn't even exist yet.

I'm taking their words that it will be mutants who havn't shown up in the mansion. It's all we have to go on.

Last edited by def28; 04-04-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #738
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I wonder if the new mutants in DOFP have been specifically chosen as lead-ins for an X-Force project. Throw in either Cable or Logan as a leader, and you got a solid team already.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #739
def28
Side-Kick

Unlikely. COuld work but X-Force is Wadlows picks since he's the sole writer and gave his own pitch. DOFP's characters were chosen for that specific story.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #740
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
An exact adaptation of the plot is completely impossible at this point, but using it as a source point for characters, themes and elements are not. I don't see the problem with that. It's the strongest stuff they have.
It's undoubtedly the strongest material they have
but if they can't come anywhere near doing it justice and are just going to bastardize the story, I'd rather not even see them try
Let the comic stand as it's own, as one of those things fans can say "if you wanna read an amazing comic story, read this" without having people say "oh that friggin movie where psylocke gives birth to archangel?" or whatever awful way they decide to change the story

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #741
def28
Side-Kick

Your definitely right on that. I can't stomach another ****ed up storyline or version for one of these characters.

I just think there's certain elements that could remain regardless of the plot. Mostly killing and the implications. Think they have to explore that and the different morals within the characters on the outcome. All the X-Force stories have to do with it, UXF just did it better. Best to grab inspiration from there imo.

Last edited by def28; 04-08-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #742
def28
Side-Kick

Don't think this is good for X-Force since that was Wadlow's pitch. Word is Wadlow signed to direct Masters Of The Universe.

http://schmoesknow.com/a-phantom-exc...-the-universe/

Quote:
Wadlow, who is also rumored to be in consideration for an X-FORCE movie over at Fox, is high in demand, obviously. And it looks like the guy is hitting the big times now with Sony’s big screen adaptation of the fabled Action Figure turned Animated TV series that so many of us grew up loving.

Trades are likely to announce this news any day now – or second, depending on what side of the country you are on. But the Phantom assures me it’s a done deal. As in: ‘Deal closed. It’s official.’ That’s some done deal talk right there…
Come on Fox, stop lagging.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #743
Rike
Stupid.

Now we can get an actual good director for X-Force.

David Slade or Rian Johnson?

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #744
def28
Side-Kick

Rian Johnson would be ****ing awesome.

The bad news is that X-Force was Wadlows idea and he's a huge fan. Was never the studios plan here. If they turned it down, no X-Force is probably in the making.

I got nothing wrong with Wadlow.Loved KA2 and he seems passionate about X-Force and knows the characters. That would have been a huge plus.

Last edited by def28; 04-09-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #745
Rike
Stupid.

I think that if they want to move forward with the project, they'll just hire a new director and someone else to polish/rewrite the script.

It's not as if Fox stops making a movie after the director runs away (X3).

And if DoFP turns out to be success we expect, Kinberg will certainly push for these a-holes to greenlit this film.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Last edited by Rike; 04-09-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #746
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
I think that if they want to move forward with the project, they'll just hire a new director and someone else to polish/rewrite the script.

It's not as if Fox stops making a movie after the director runs away (X3).
This was Wadlows dream project though. He would have only walked away if it's not going to happen. They will not be using his script if he's gone cause this is not an X3 situation.

I don't think this film is getting any priority. Love to say otherwise but it's been too quiet. And Fox has no confidence with these characters. Let alone the character everyone wants to see...Deadpool.

Fox has to make X-Men films. Not the case with the others. They get to keep em regardless without the risk taking. Pretty lame.

Last edited by def28; 04-09-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #747
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

Quote:
Now we can get an actual good director for X-Force.

David Slade or Rian Johnson?
Maybe Darren Aronofsky? I bet he's itching to direct a mutant-centric film after having to leave The Wolverine.

Dr. Remy Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #748
Rike
Stupid.

Quote:
This was Wadlows dream project though. He would have only walked away if it's not going to happen. They will not be using his script if he's gone.
Not really. He obviously received different offers from other studios. And this movie doesn't even has a release date yet...

Quote:
I don't think this film is getting any priority. Love to say otherwise but it's been too quiet. And Fox has no confidence with these characters. Let alone the character everyone wants to see...Deadpool.
I'm not sure if they have any reason to have confidence with this movie or make it a priority tbh (for now).

As I said, if DoFP create enough profit, they'll have money to invest in spin-offs, because the market will surely ask for more X-Men films.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #749
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not sure if they have any reason to have confidence with this movie or make it a priority tbh (for now).

As I said, if DoFP create enough profit, they'll have money to invest in spin-offs, because the market will surely ask for more X-Men films.
I'm sure they are waiting but with these characters they won't know until they try. Unless they introduce them in main X films or something like that. The market will be asking for more X-Men films starring the characters they know. With new properties like Deadpool, Surfer and X-Force. They gotta make the jump with new characters regardless. Which means building a new audience.

They should have confidence, these are popular characters that any other studio would kill for. Silver Surfer and Deadpool alone are worth a ****load done right. If those films were in between the new X-Men and F4 sequels running to 2018 I'd feel more confident with them in the studios hands. Time to switch it up and bring in the new.

Last edited by def28; 04-09-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #750
Rike
Stupid.

Awesome Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Reme Lebeau View Post
Maybe Darren Aronofsky? I bet he's itching to direct a mutant-centric film after having to leave The Wolverine.
Idk, I think he might be too big for this. But if he wants to do it...