The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
Loz1981

Default what if there were three MCU movies per year?

So I have been thinking about this for a while now. I know that we would all want to have 3 MCU movies per year, but do you think it would ever happen. I know KF said in the past that two per year is working well and they is uncertainty about overloading the market a little; but do you think Marvel/Disney would ever push it to three a year?

Right now, I think they might be considering it. I started thinking about how Thor was a Fall release, perhaps testing the market for potential future releases at that time of year. The idea there being that Marvel could do three movies in a year in a spring/summer/fall or Christmas season. Then I realised that this IS what is happening now with Thor:TDW, Cap:TWS and GotG all released within a 12 month period. Is this possibly the sign of the MCU's future release direction?

Perhaps I am reading too much into it, and Thor was just pushed back for production reasons, but even if they were testing the market, I don't believe that Marvel would come out and say that's exactly what they're doing.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Do you think Marvel/Disney would want to get more movies out in a year? Do you maybe think that's too much? Would three movies a year potentially damage the MCU product in the long term?

Discuss please

Loz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #2
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: what if there were three MCU movies per year?

I think 3 MCU films per year could be too much especially if there's a lot of blockbuster/comic-book films out there. It could also affect the quality and it could lead to audience fatigue.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote