The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 04-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #26
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey & Tao Okamoto Join Superman/Batman Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Didn't Zack Snyder initially denied Zod as villain ?
Yes he did.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #27
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Re: Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey & Tao Okamoto Join Superman/Batman Movie

Nerd rage: "Ugggggggggggggggh, Holly Hunter is a terrible choice for this movie! FAIL, WB, FAILLLLL!!!"
Sensible person: "We don't even know what role she's playing!"
Nerd rage: "IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Anyway, first thing to come to mind with Holly Hunter is Maggie Sawyer.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #28
Loki882
Side-Kick

I fully believe that even if Calvan is playing a new character, he'll still be a villain. I kind of feel that they almost HAVE to have a second villain in this movie, a physical one. No way is Lex a match for Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman on his own (and he's an intellectual villain anyway).

Old 04-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #29
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I love Holly Hunter. I don't care who she's playing, i'm sure she'll be a great addition to the film

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #30
Orb
Lord of Demons

If i remember correctly Callan Mulvey WAS rumored to play a villain in this movie soooooo maybe...

Batman V Superman
Dawn of Justice
Orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #31
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Yes Snyder apparently lied about Zod being in the movie for a while for some insane reason.

Quote:
"The internet has no idea what's going on," claimed Snyder, who added a concrete example by saying that rumors of General Zod's involvement in the relaunch are "just wrong."
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/11/04...r-general-zod/

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #32
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I still think Callan will end up been Metallo

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #33
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Didn't Zack Snyder initially denied Zod as villain ?
yes if I remember correctly it was the toy line that we found out who the villain was.

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #34
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Callan Mulvey is Lex Luthor's father.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #35
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
A good suggestion. I think she's Kara. Remember, if the Kryptonian in the scout-ship crash landed thousands of years ago, Kara has been here and may have aged. Hunter would look amazing as an aged Kara Zor-EL.
I don't think so. I think more she could be Hypolita.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #36
green

Hunter and Mulvey are fantastic additions! Looking forward to it and finding out just who they are playing. I could dig Mulvey as Corben/Metallo or Aquaman, he's really got a commanding presence for the latter. Heck I'd take him as Hawkman as well.
Really hope this new characters stuff is just bull though. Would seem like a waste to have a huge amount of characters to pull from to just make some up.
Hunter could possibly be Julia Kapatelis, someone to help Wonder Woman out with acclimating to the real world…

Last edited by green; 04-03-2014 at 03:00 PM.
green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #37
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Ahh and so the plot thickens, I wish I could say I'm excited for all three but I thought Mulvey was as stale as an old box of crackers in 300, hopefully this turns out for the best.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #38
Masone
Side-Kick

Are we sure Callan Mulvey isn't present day Lex Luthor??

I think I just blew the lid off the whole thing. Well played Mr. Snyder. But you were no match for me. I knew Eisenberg was past-Lex from the very beginning.

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #39
Loki882
Side-Kick

I could potentially see Hunter being a new character. Perhaps some government official, or a scientist who was a colleague of the late Dr. Hamilton. Heck I liked both Christopher Meloni and Harry Lennix in MOS and they both played new characters. I just don't think that ALL of them will be new characters.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #40
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
Are we sure Callan Mulvey isn't present day Lex Luthor??

I think I just blew the lid off the whole thing. Well played Mr. Snyder. But you were no match for me. I knew Eisenberg was past-Lex from the very beginning.
I can feel the tremble and shockwaves through typed words, just imagine the explosion if that were true. Hot damn.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #41
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

I can absolutely confirm that these castings have been in place for a long time and are only being revealed now.

The promo rounds for 300 were happening a month ago, like a full month ago and as usual, unknown types get asked the question - "You are in this huge CBM, what is next for you?"

And Mullvey said a bunch of times that there is something even more huge but I can't talk about it now. His name was bandied about much earlier so I always knew he was talking about BvS.

So folks, these castings are just being gradually released I think, the casting themselves are happening much earlier. So castings are probably being announced 1-2 months after the people have actually signed.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #42
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Some news!!!!

And yes to Holly Hunter! Always been a fan of hers.

TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #43
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
I can absolutely confirm that these castings have been in place for a long time and are only being revealed now.

The promo rounds for 300 were happening a month ago, like a full month ago and as usual, unknown types get asked the question - "You are in this huge CBM, what is next for you?"

And Mullvey said a bunch of times that there is something even more huge but I can't talk about it now. His name was bandied about much earlier so I always knew he was talking about BvS.

So folks, these castings are just being gradually released I think, the casting themselves are happening much earlier. So castings are probably being announced 1-2 months after the people have actually signed.
I agree, slumcat. In an interview with Snyder earlier, he said all such things as castings will be on the studios and his watch and are planned and placed however they see fit. This makes sense.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #44
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
yes if I remember correctly it was the toy line that we found out who the villain was.
No. He announced Shannon playing Zod but after he said that from the rumors.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #45
Fizicks
Side-Kick

YES, NEWS!!!!!!!!

I know the reports say they are unannounced roles (and supposedly brand new characters, not form the comics?), but Wikipedia currently says Holly Hunter is none other than...Catwoman!

I know I know it's probably not true. Just fueling some speculation.

Fizicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #46
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
YES, NEWS!!!!!!!!

I know the reports say they are unannounced roles (and supposedly brand new characters, not form the comics?), but Wikipedia currently says Holly Hunter is none other than...Catwoman!

I know I know it's probably not true. Just fueling some speculation.
I love this. Finally, we have something to talk about and make suggestions and conversation.

Ben Affleck is supposed to be old, tired and weary. Only makes it parallel that Catwoman could be the same and Hunter fits that profile.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #47
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Holly Hunter would make an interesting Catwoman. Callan is definitely playing the secondary villain, I'm sure of it.

TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #48
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so these are for brand new/made up characters??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #49
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Holly Hunter would make an interesting Catwoman. Callan is definitely playing the secondary villain, I'm sure of it.
At 56, I don't really think she'd be up for a role that physical.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #50
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Obvious who Hunter will be...

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote