The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #11
Superman_200
Superman

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
We have plenty of amazing technology now (especially in robotics and AI) and still haven't cured cancer. Or AIDS. One thing doesn't necessarily equal another thing.

Of course we have amazing technology but nothing close to walking street ready drones that are like Robocop or anything like that. We will probably cure cancer or AIDS before there are any drones that walk through the cities or are capable of walking thru the city and fight crime and don't need to be controlled 100% of the time. That is probably over 100 years away. The cure for cancer/AIDS, with stem cell research and other things like that, probably not 100 years away. That'll probably be during our lifetime. Batman should not have any Robocop-type drones that will not exist (if ever) for a VERY long time. If there are drones, he should have the same type of military style drones being used right now by the U.S. and not drones out of a science fiction movie.

As I said earlier, if the movie takes place on Earth today, it should not have technology on Earth that is not going to be around for years (if ever). It is a science fiction movie but Superman can be explained because he is an alien. Technology that does not exist yet can't be explained because well, it does not exist. That would be my idea of keeping it "realistic", well realistic would be sure, he is an alien, no explanation needed. Earth technology that can beat Superman and Robocop-styled drones that fight crime, hmmm, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman95 View Post
He'll be fine, I have no reason to worry.............but, can't wait to see what's going on. With Snyder, I don't think we need to be worried about how he'll look as Batman, at least that's what I keep telling myself, LOL...
I agree with you. There is no reason (with nearly just about any director today, not just Snyder) that an actor will not be in good shape to play a superhero. Every movie about a superhero lately has had actors get as big and strong as possible. The days of a 38-41 year old small actor like Michael Keaton playing a superhero while obviously not looking very strong or anything like that are long gone. Just look at the bodies of the actors playing superheroes today, from Chris Evans to Henry Cavill to even Robert Downey Jr. who got bigger for Iron-Man than I have probably ever seen him look. He was not huge, but he certainly looked bigger and better than he has looked before.

Last edited by Superman_200; 04-06-2014 at 07:57 AM.