The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America Sequels

View Poll Results: Who should be the "Female Lead" in the next film? Agent 13 or Black Widow?
Black Widow 9 12.68%
Sharon Carter (Agent 13) 57 80.28%
Someone Else (Specify) 5 7.04%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #51
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Who should be the "Female Lead" in the next film? Agent 13 or Black Widow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Yeah exactly, we have no idea where this is going yet. The look and kiss Natasha gives Cap at the end screamed "something more". A kiss on the cheek from Natasha means a lot more then a good make out session.
Agreed. I think it is very likely that in Age of Ultron, that "something more" may happen.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #52
Hcmarvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should be the "Female Lead" in the next film? Agent 13 or Black Widow?

See I read that kiss all differently. The arc of their relationship was not moving towards "Ohhh...there's some romantic thing developing here..." in my opinion.

It was moving towards these two colleagues, with totally different world views, learning to fully trust each other and positively change the other in subtle ways. That kiss, to me, was totally platonic. A kiss on the cheek just happens to be the movie shorthand way of telling us that. As things stand in the Marvel Cinematic Universe now, Natasha is Steve's BEST FRIEND. We'll see how close Sam and Steve have gotten in Captain America 3, but I expect that in Avengers 2, we'll see Steve leaning on Natasha a bit. Perhaps Hawkeye will be a bit jealous which could lead to that tension that existed between Captain America and Hawkeye throughout Avengers comic history.

Sharon should be the lead female next time. I'd be shocked if she wasn't.

Hcmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #53
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Whedon just acknowledged Steve and Natasha's experiences together, but mostly focused on Clint and Natasha in terms of interactions.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #54
antonydelfini
Captain's Orders

Agent 13. Falcon and Bucky as supporting players

Then I want a Nick Fury, Widow, Hawkeye, Coulson, and Hill in a movie together.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #55
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Hopefully Black Widow won't even be in Cap 3 because she'll be starring in a film of her own. (Fingers crossed.)

And I think it's a pretty safe bet that Sharon will be back in a bigger role next time.

Zaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #56
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Agent 13. Black Widow should have her own movie. (with Hawkeye)

Old 04-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #57
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

You really gotta feel bad for Hawkeye. Not only is he now unemployed and homeless, he didn't even get any screen time.

Zaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #58
Farren
Side Kicker

Agent 13. Van Camp was really good. She can carry a bigger role in a next film.

But mainly because I think Black Widow should get her own film at this point. I'm not a huge ScarJo fan, but she's been serviceable, she's an A-list star, and I think the character has more than proved she can carry a solo film.

Plus, this movie was getting crowded and drifting into The Dark Knight Rises territory with all the characters and side plots during the final act. Let Black Widow move on and have her own film.

(This is not btw me suggesting that there should only be one token female "lead" in a film, or any of the MCU films. As a woman I hate that notion. But this film was getting crowded and there were two other amazing ladies in addition to Black Widow -- Maria and Sharon. Let Widow move on.)

Old 04-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #59
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
Agent 13. Falcon and Bucky as supporting players

Then I want a Nick Fury, Widow, Hawkeye, Coulson, and Hill in a movie together.
Haven't thought about this. But I agree.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #60
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxie View Post
Someone pointed out a few weeks ago that, logistically, a BW movie is still very far away because Marvel only puts out like 2 films a year and the schedule for the next few years is already full. If they were gonna do it in Phase 3 they would have announced it by now.

So unless things change there, I'll want Natasha back for Cap 3 and Sharon, as well. I don't see why we can't have both. The notion there's only room for one female character in these movies is nonsense.

I also really like the idea of the Cap movies being like their own mini-Avengers stories featuring the Cap Family, which includes Natasha, Bucky, Sam and Sharon led by Steve. I think that should be what Cap 3 revolves around.
This is why I think it should be called: "Widowmaker" [starring Black Widow and Hawkeye with major background for each] or even like "S.H.I.E.L.D: Operation Widowmaker" [including Nick Fury and Hill as major players]

Old 04-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #61
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Seems like most want Agent 13 because if its Black Widow then she isn't being in her own movie.

Now lets say for sure that Black Widow won't get one, who do you want then?

I voted someone else.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #62
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

If it's as you say "for sure no film starring Black Widow" I'd rather her be in a different MCU franchise. I think like, if we saw her in Doctor Strange or Black Panther that'd be cool.

I'd also really like to see Hawkeye in Ant-Man. For obvious reasons.

I still think Sharon should be the female lead in Cap 3.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #63
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Should be agent 13 with Hawkeye in the supporting role, as much as I loved widow in this id like the to keep switching things up

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #64
CapsKookyQartet
Newbie First Class

Agent 13, something about Black Widow I just can't put my figure on it.

CapsKookyQartet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:58 PM   #65
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I wanna see Sharon Carter - Agent 13 really step it up and be the female lead like she is in the comics.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:54 AM   #66
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Curious to get some feedback here on this, but how did people here see the relationship portrayed between Steve and Natasha in this film?

I've seen some who feel like the two came off more like siblings (minus the undercover kiss.lol), while others felt like they were more like regular friends, and even some who feel like there was more that was brewing underneath it all.

Any thoughts?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:37 AM   #67
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Curious to get some feedback here on this, but how did people here see the relationship portrayed between Steve and Natasha in this film?

I've seen some who feel like the two came off more like siblings (minus the undercover kiss.lol), while others felt like they were more like regular friends, and even some who feel like there was more that was brewing underneath it all.

Any thoughts?
Simple friends working together, Steve was a big Brother.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #68
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

I wonder if the competition from SupermanBatman will urge Marvel to keep Black Widow onboard, maybe even bringing along the Maximoffs, or Hawkeye.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #69
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I wonder if the competition from SupermanBatman will urge Marvel to keep Black Widow onboard, maybe even bringing along the Maximoffs, or Hawkeye.
You're always looking for the cloud, aren't you?

Regarding the OP, I'd want (and expect) it will be Sharon, based on the general outline for the next movie that the ending TWS seemed to be giving us.

CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #70
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Any thoughts?
They reminded me of Elementary Holmes and Watson.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #71
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

As someone who feels like having Agent 13 as the female lead in TWS would have made a much weaker movie, it's gotta be Sharon moving forward, not just because they set it up for that, but because Steve and Natasha's arc is basically that they can't be together, because Black Widow has no sense of self, which makes it hard for Cap to trust her, she feels he needs someone nice... and the truth is... he does. He doesn't need danger as much as she needs stability. He's a 1940's guy.

Agent 13, as CIA with a strong moral compass, can now further ground Steve, and be the thing he needs. She's the female lead.

I think Falcon, Black Widow, Bucky, maybe even Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye will all be present, but Agent 13 needs to be the female lead and bona-fide love interest here.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #72
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

I say Sharon.A lot of people are saying that this film had a blatant set up for them,but I didn't really see it that way.

I prefer BW to get her own movie at this point.I really like her with Hawkeye.It's the least they can do to set her up with him.He's the MCU's forgotten hero.

That could be the name of his film: Hawkeye: The Forgotten Avenger

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #73
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

I would like to see Bernie Rosenthal in some way. She was a lawyer who was Steve Rogers' love interest for most of the 1980s. They could introduce her as "This is the kind of woman Steve Rogers might have fallen for if he hadn't gotten the Super Solider Serum, or had not gotten lost in the ice." She's kind of like Peggy Carter, but obviously not a secret agent.

starwolf_oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:10 AM   #74
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Can this thread be moved to the Cap forum?