The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 07:07 AM   #76
Superman_200
Superman

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
We have plenty of amazing technology now (especially in robotics and AI) and still haven't cured cancer. Or AIDS. One thing doesn't necessarily equal another thing.

Of course we have amazing technology but nothing close to walking street ready drones that are like Robocop or anything like that. We will probably cure cancer or AIDS before there are any drones that walk through the cities or are capable of walking thru the city and fight crime and don't need to be controlled 100% of the time. That is probably over 100 years away. The cure for cancer/AIDS, with stem cell research and other things like that, probably not 100 years away. That'll probably be during our lifetime. Batman should not have any Robocop-type drones that will not exist (if ever) for a VERY long time. If there are drones, he should have the same type of military style drones being used right now by the U.S. and not drones out of a science fiction movie.

As I said earlier, if the movie takes place on Earth today, it should not have technology on Earth that is not going to be around for years (if ever). It is a science fiction movie but Superman can be explained because he is an alien. Technology that does not exist yet can't be explained because well, it does not exist. That would be my idea of keeping it "realistic", well realistic would be sure, he is an alien, no explanation needed. Earth technology that can beat Superman and Robocop-styled drones that fight crime, hmmm, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman95 View Post
He'll be fine, I have no reason to worry.............but, can't wait to see what's going on. With Snyder, I don't think we need to be worried about how he'll look as Batman, at least that's what I keep telling myself, LOL...
I agree with you. There is no reason (with nearly just about any director today, not just Snyder) that an actor will not be in good shape to play a superhero. Every movie about a superhero lately has had actors get as big and strong as possible. The days of a 38-41 year old small actor like Michael Keaton playing a superhero while obviously not looking very strong or anything like that are long gone. Just look at the bodies of the actors playing superheroes today, from Chris Evans to Henry Cavill to even Robert Downey Jr. who got bigger for Iron-Man than I have probably ever seen him look. He was not huge, but he certainly looked bigger and better than he has looked before.

Last edited by Superman_200; 04-06-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #77
MyKryptonite
Newbie First Class

I don´t like Jalali´s Twitter Messages. It just seems like advertising Workout-Programs.
He obviously isn´t allowed to post any details, no photos or information about Ben´s Weight, Bodyfat or other stats, but it would be awesome if he could post a photo of ben standing with his back towards him in the half-shadow, so his frame is visible and as impressive as he always try to convince us of.
It doesn´t even have to be something as revealing as the way they did with bane, some simple instagram-photo would be enough.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #78
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKryptonite View Post
I don´t like Jalali´s Twitter Messages. It just seems like advertising Workout-Programs.
He obviously isn´t allowed to post any details, no photos or information about Ben´s Weight, Bodyfat or other stats, but it would be awesome if he could post a photo of ben standing with his back towards him in the half-shadow, so his frame is visible and as impressive as he always try to convince us of.
It doesn´t even have to be something as revealing as the way they did with bane, some simple instagram-photo would be enough.
I've followed his workouts and posts on bodybuilding.com and stuff since I heard of him when Ben Affleck did "The Town". He is a guy that knows his stuff, and he is just about that. Working out and his workout programs. He has never really had much to do with hyping a movie or anything like that. He is the type of guy people follow when they want to find out what workout program/diet a celebrity followed for a movie. Not someone that would give updates or anything like that to hype up a movie.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #79
roach
I am the night

Quote:
He doesn't work for WB and isn't part of the marketing plane....of course he is going to advertise himself. If he's not allowed to post pics then he's not allowed to post pics. He's not gonna do as you suggest and take flack for it.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #80
MyKryptonite
Newbie First Class

Since he deleted his tweet, he probably got too much pressure from either WB or the fans.

I just think his postings are irritating because of the just words, no proofs scenario.
Sure he needs to advertise himself, and since he is a professional Trainer he should do so.
But despite creating anger with his postings, he should advertise by promoting some "batman workout" plan for 2014/2015.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #81
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

He should just post pics of pizza from now on.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #82
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

No new photos of Affleck?

Old 04-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #83
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Since he deleted his tweet, he probably got too much pressure from either WB or the fans.

I just think his postings are irritating because of the just words, no proofs scenario.
Sure he needs to advertise himself, and since he is a professional Trainer he should do so.
But despite creating anger with his postings, he should advertise by promoting some "batman workout" plan for 2014/2015.

He will probably be using a similar workout to the one that he used with Affleck for The Town. He has broad shoulders so just take advantage of that which is what I think he meant by "real-life superhero". Give him that V-taper look. By looking ripped as well you look bigger. Like Chris Evans (even if in the movie they say he is 6'2" and 240 lbs. he is probably more like 6'0-6'1" and probably between 180 lbs and 190 lbs. same as with Cavill. Ben Affleck looked big enough in The Town just by being ripped. I would imagine they are going for a similar look. Maybe a little bit bigger, and ripped. I think if you have seen The Town, you have seen the shape that he will be in for this movie.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #84
MyKryptonite
Newbie First Class

But since Batman is known as a big Batman-Fan, he won´t let someone train him if he doesn´t believe in his knowledge and work. Since GymJones works closely with Snyder he probably could have trained together with cavill or individually like gadot but decided otherwise.
As it was written by others, it will be about how lean affleck can become for the 1 or 2 shirtless-scenes in the movie, if he even has one. There´s no need for on in this movie in my opinion.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #85
Boom
I got nothin'

I really don't see the harm in what he posted on Twitter.

People should stop lashing out at every little thing. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with a little tease every now and then. So take it for what it's worth, and get excited that Affleck is going full throttle into his workout. Or there's always the option of going back to total radio silence from everybody involved in this production, since that's been such a wonderful experience the last few months .

Old 04-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #86
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I don't see the point in wanting to see pics of someone working out anyway. Not very reflective of the final outcome. Plus, I think most people have a good enough idea in their minds of what he'll likely look like anyway.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #87
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
He doesn't work for WB and isn't part of the marketing plane....of course he is going to advertise himself. If he's not allowed to post pics then he's not allowed to post pics. He's not gonna do as you suggest and take flack for it.
We don't know that. Gym Jones and Mark Twight were very heavily part of the marketing and promo for MOS. The very first pictures online were of Cavill's physique as well as there being a fitness tie-up with National Guard, a special featurette on the training and Cavill (and Twight) giving many interviews about the workouts.

Twight even said that one of the reasons they were clean (steroid free) on MOS because the fitness was a very big part of the marketing push and would have destroyed their campaign.

So I think the fitness thing might be a part of the marketing plane. Though Gym Jones are officially credited in MOS as official training partners. Don't know what kind of leverage or credit Jelali will get.

Also, I get the feeling Affleck and Jelali are doing their own thing and Snyder is not really involved there the way he was with Cavill's training.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #88
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
He will probably be using a similar workout to the one that he used with Affleck for The Town. He has broad shoulders so just take advantage of that which is what I think he meant by "real-life superhero". Give him that V-taper look. By looking ripped as well you look bigger. Like Chris Evans (even if in the movie they say he is 6'2" and 240 lbs. he is probably more like 6'0-6'1" and probably between 180 lbs and 190 lbs. same as with Cavill. Ben Affleck looked big enough in The Town just by being ripped. I would imagine they are going for a similar look. Maybe a little bit bigger, and ripped. I think if you have seen The Town, you have seen the shape that he will be in for this movie.
From the shots I've seen of Ben out and about I don't know if they are going for that look again?

Ben was very cut more than anything else, he dropped to a lower body fat% and it was actually quite noticeable on his face. The recent pics of ben his face still looks kinda full.

They might be going for a bulkier look maybe DKRish as opposed to the cut look he had in the Town?

Old 04-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #89
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
No new photos of Affleck?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 04-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #90
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
Looks like that guy in the background is about to shake his head in disbelief. "Three pizzas for lunch...what the.."

Wonder what's in the bag.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #91
Kane52630
Nightcall User

Moar Pizzas!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #92
bluerayer
MCU

Pizza salad.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #93
bluerayer
MCU

Gotta stay healthy!

Old 04-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #94
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Hehe, yeah that guy in the back is all: "There goes my best customer!"

Old 04-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #95
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Moar Pizzas!
Quote:
Pizza salad.
or maybe it's a barf bag.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #96
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
or maybe it's a barf bag.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #97
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Hehe, yeah that guy in the back is all: "There goes my best customer!"
The woman and the kid didn't get any pizza because of Affleck...

Affleck's beard is awesome, by the way.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #98
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
The woman and the kid didn't get any pizza because of Affleck...

Affleck's beard is awesome, by the way.
Yeah, it is. And, is it me or does he look slimmer in the face?

Old 04-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #99
bluerayer
MCU

Doh, it's probably the beard. I need to go to sleep!

Old 04-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #100
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Yeah, it is. And, is it me or does he look slimmer in the face?
He does look slimmer. Or it could be the beard

Closed Thread