Grand Director 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #51
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 3 Villian

Well:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
-The Russo's mentioned 50's Cap, so he's a possibility.

-Rumlow's last scene in TWS set him up to become comic book Crossbones in Cap 3, so I think that we'll be seeing him again.

-WS's story has yet to finish, so there's that.

I'd use Baron von Strucker for the mastermind myself. They've already set him up.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #52
LordMortis315
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Well:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
-The Russo's mentioned 50's Cap, so he's a possibility.

-Rumlow's last scene in TWS set him up to become comic book Crossbones in Cap 3, so I think that we'll be seeing him again.

-WS's story has yet to finish, so there's that.

I'd use Baron von Strucker for the mastermind myself. They've already set him up.
I'm pretty sure Strucker was set up for Age of Ultron.

LordMortis315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:26 PM   #53
Loki882
Side-Kick

The actor said in an interview that his contract was for multiple movies, so one does not preclude the other.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:45 PM   #54
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Cap, Falcon, WS and Sharon vs. Zemo, Crossbones, Sin and Taskmaster.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:37 AM   #55
Fumardude
Side-Kick

Cap 3 should have Crossbones & Taskmaster working for the red skull

Fumardude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #56
Chris B
Side-Kick

I think Strucker will be dealt with in AOU.

I'd be interested in seeing the Red Skull return, but would also like to see Zemo make his debut.

I wouldn't mind seeing both used, but am not sure if that could work.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #57
Dasher10
Side-Kick

As Zemo is far and away the winner of this poll, what if he's trying to get the Time Gem (Bloodstone) to make himself an eternal dictator of the world. I can see him randomly murdering Baron von Struker to become the new Supreme HYDRA.

What's great about him is that he's a villain who can constantly talk about how he's this loving father figure and he's trying to make the world a better place while carrying out all sorts of assassinations and bombings not because he's a master manipulator (which he still is) but because he genuinely believes his own BS. He believes that it's his birthright to become a god but also considers himself a man of the people since he can't deal with recognizing his hypocrisy and shoots anyone who points it out to him. He's equal parts Charles Manson and Osama bin Laden with his underlings willing to die for him and his own fanatical agenda.

Zemo's plan is to bomb an international summit meeting, then use that as cover to hunt down the Bloodstone while the entire world prepares for another attack after being left rudderless.

And for the record, I can see Zemo hiring a team of Batroc, Taskmaster, Songbird and Cutthroat with Diamondback having defected before the film starts. The way that the lineup works is that Songbird is Zemo's lover and the best way to get to Zemo is to capture her. She exists to humanize the villain while also not being purely evil and truly believes that Zemo will lead humanity to a new golden age.

Cutthroat makes things even more complicated as he's Diamondback's brother and despite never once being shown to have any redeeming values, Diamondback wants him brought in alive and believes that he can be reasoned with despite all evidence to the contrary. He'll eventually die fighting Diamondback. He's the member of Zemo's crew with the least amount of screen time and functions more as a catalyst for Diamondback's character development where she's eventually forced to kill him.

Batroc is only in it for a rematch against Cap for the sake of his honor as well as feeling that SHIELD set him up and sold him out. His motivation is entirely revenge to the point where he's willing to work with somebody as crazy as Zemo for the sake of pride.

Taskmaster is the villain outside of Zemo who gets the most screen time. He's a master of all forms of armed and unarmed combat who is regarded as HYDRAS most lethal operative. He'll get two fights in against Cap. The first time around he wins at the film's climax, he finally loses to cap after what should be the most epic fight scene of all time. After Zemo and Songbird, he gets the most screen time.

And then there's Winter Soldier who seems to be pursuing Zemo for his own ends but is secretly working for Nick Fury. He needs to be this wild card up until the end.

And then Crossbones is out working for his own ends. It appears that he's still woth HYDRA but he's secretly working for Sinthia Schmidt who's out to avenger her grandfather but this isn't revealed until after the credits. He only gets a few scenes in, often sending data to who we THINK is Zemo until the big reveal.

Diamondback is meant to be a defector who genuinely wants to atone. SHIELD is beginning to reform but it isn't stable enough to allow her to defect without fear that she's another HYDRA infiltrator. The question posed throughout the film is if SHIELD made that mistake in the past with Arnim Zola, should they make it again with Diamondback even if she's the one who captured Songbird, killed Cutthroat and saved Captain America's life. She eventually proves herself to be genuine and joins a reformed SHIELD with Captain America as director.

Falcon would reappear, Black Widow and Maria Hill won't. Nick Fury will just be in one or two scenes.

The second post credits scene depicts Zemo, Batroc, Taskmaster and Songbird in a cell at The Raft alongside Abomination and Blizzard. They get offered a chance at freedom by Hawkeye and Luke Cage provided that they work alongside the Avengers. They're now titled Thunderbolts.

And this paves the way for Captain America 4 with Doctor Faustus as Sinthia Schmidt's puppet leading a far-right populist party in Austria as this inhumanly corrupt politician who is secretly plotting global terror schemes and seemingly has Captain America vouching for him as a means of defeating communism.

This new impostor Cap isn't truly an impostor. Captain America's death by drowning was covered up by the government during the 1950s while a man named William Burnside was given a new version of the Super soldier Serum that delayed his aging along with plastic surgery that allowed him to impersonate Steve Rogers perfectly. during the 1960s, his radical right politics and associations with men like George Lincoln Rockwell made him a liability and he was sent off on a suicide mission in Veitnam to die only to resurface today as a tool for modern day ultranationalist movements. He's meant to be everything ugly about the United States and goes around spewing jingoistic slogans decrying any and all kindness as a communist plot, not to mention his redneck mannerisms and attitudes where he boasts about drinking moonshine and has a backwoods accent.

Keep in mind that during Captain America 4, the real Cap is replaced by the Army with US Agent who's meant to be the government's lapdog leaving Steve Rogers as a new hero just called The Captain. Steve has gone completely rogue to handle his impostor while US Agent thinks the Burnside is Steve.

Oh, and at the end Crossbones kills Steve by having a drugged Agent 13 shoot him causing Falcon, Diamondback and Winter Soldier to retaliate where Diamondback tracks down and burns Schmidt's face off, Agent 13 finds herself in a coma after shooting Steve, Falcon arrests Faustus and Winter Soldier kills Crossbones. US Agent is knocked unconscious by Crossbones before Steve dies.

The final scene before the credits roll is Steve's funeral where his body is buried. Post credits is where Winter Soldier dons the Captain America suit and US Agent retires.

Cap 5 is about the return of the REAL Red Skull whose body was merely shot to space but his consciousness was transplanted into the mind of first a Russian General during the Cold War and then a KGB operative during the 80s named Alexsander Lukin who's now one of the world's richest men running Kronas Corporation.

Dasher10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:12 AM   #58
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'd like to see Red Skull return. Tie that in somehow to Avengers 3. Perhaps he encountered Thanos or learned something relevent to the plot. If not him, I'd say Baron Zemo. I think Strucker likely is dealt with AoU also. Despite the multi-picture deal. I think given how the last encounter ended, it only makes sense to bring him back. Plus, they're introducing Crossbones! Who doesn't want to see those two together!

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #59
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I'd like to see Red Skull return. Tie that in somehow to Avengers 3. Perhaps he encountered Thanos or learned something relevent to the plot. If not him, I'd say Baron Zemo. I think Strucker likely is dealt with AoU also. Despite the multi-picture deal. I think given how the last encounter ended, it only makes sense to bring him back. Plus, they're introducing Crossbones! Who doesn't want to see those two together!
I too want Red Skull to return. I like your suggestion of him encountering Thanos. It would help tie the Earth stuff to the Thor/Guardians stuff.

300th post!

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #60
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

hopefully there will be some surprises, and twice the fight scenes.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #61
Rorschach2012
$

I think they've definitely gotta bring Red Skull back, intro Baron Zemo in an Avengers where he leads the Masters of Evil

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #62
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I think they've definitely gotta bring Red Skull back, intro Baron Zemo in an Avengers where he leads the Masters of Evil
I really hope so. I really liked Weaving's portrayal of the character.

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #63
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Weaving already made clear he's not interested in coming back. I'm doubtful Marvel will force that issue (who wants to work with a guy who has made clear he doesn't want to be there?). Besides which, if they want to bring the Skull back, he's a pretty easy character to recast.

CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #64
Darkprime
Side-Kick

Red skull would be awesome to see in modern day and it would bring the trilogy full circle and it would tie into the whole hydra/shield conspiracy that Hydras main objective all along was to bring back their original leader red skull but to that they needed technology created by Shield to bring him back.

Darkprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #65
marcvader
Lurker #1

Recast RS, problem solved.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #66
Calavera
Side-Kick

hey guys, what if they bring in baron zemo and his story is that like red skull he tried to take a prototype/poorly made copy of the super soldier serum and it didnt properly work, thus explain the fact that he looks like a fried rainbow

Old 04-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #67
Ant-manic
Banned User

i kind of want Zemo to be independent of Hydra; someone who has his own agenda and might be deemed too reckless and/or independent for Hydra. and i want him to be behind the movie version of the Masters of Evil/Liberators. maybe SHIELD would have (long ago) had his wealthy family on a terrorist watch list; suspected for secretly funding various organizations, for political or financial gain. or he could play Norman Osborn's role in the Dark Reign era of comics; disguising himself as a true patriot and exploiting the events of Age of Ultron to replace the Avengers with sanctioned monsters (i.e. Blonsky, Gravitron, etc).

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #68
Silvermoth
Avenger

Am I the only one who wants to see doctor Faustus in the next movie? It's no doubt going to have the theme of brainwashing and programming and he would be perfect.

My top tip is Brendan Gleeson but I want sin as the main villain.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:06 AM   #69
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Bring Weaving back. Dangle with no/less red mask this time, new director's vision money and contract evasion lawsuit.

Zemo should be introduced for somebody else's movie. Thunderbolts perhaps. Or Agents of SHIELD.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #70
Loki882
Side-Kick

Crossbones and Sin. And maybe Baron Zemo as well.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #71
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Some combination of Zemo, Red Skull, Von Strucker, Crossbones, Zola and a proper Viper.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #72
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

I really think Red Skull is the best idea! Especially for phase 3! Even with Red Skull as villain, others like Viper, Crossbones, etc. Even Zola can be worked into the film easily.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #73
The Overlord
Side-Kick

If they bring the Skull back, I hope they move him beyond rather basic archetype he was in the first film. I greatly prefer the comic book version over the movie version so far.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:56 AM   #74
The Villain
Side-Kick

I would like to see more of Arnim Zola in his robot form. Perhaps he and Zemo together.

Zemo & Zola with Batroc and Crossbones as hired help.

An introduction to Radioactive Man towards end of movie as a bonus.

The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #75
Ryu_do_Sen
Newbie First Class

I think Red Skull will appear in avengers 3 to give a human story just as strucker appears in avengers 2....As for Zemo, i can't see who will play a guy who has no face such as Zemo.....I think that's one of major downsides of that character, other than the one that he has no powers.....

Ryu_do_Sen is online now   Reply With Quote